i heard from a very realiable source this morning
    Desormeaux is a coming

It's awsome baby!

3. Default

Originally posted by oldman
    i heard from a very reliable source this morning
    Desormeaux is a coming
    That is great!!

I got to see him play in person when Teurlings played in New Iberia this past season.

This QB is fast, has great cutting ability all of which makes him very mobile. Unfortunately I saw him play on a soaking wet field so I know I didn't see his very best in the running department.

His real attribute though as far as I am concerned is his arm strength. In fact I think his arm was too strong for his high school team mates. He has a definite D1 arm and can thread a needle. The problem I witnessed was his velocity was a bit strong for some of his receivers as the ball went right through their hands. I don't think this would be a problem for D1 receivers.

If he comes in redshirts and tutors a couple of years behind Babb he would be ready to start as a junior and have two incredible campaigns in 2007 and 2008.

If you recall how Jerry Babb threw on the series after Rekeita was hurt, it was very similar to how Desormeaux throws when he isn't running.

Sorry guys, I don't know anything about Desormeaux. Can someone give a run down (height/weight/speed/strengths/weaknesses)
    Thanks

UL Football

we will see what he is all about when he gets here

6. UL Football 14th commitment: Michael Desormeaux (Quarterback/Defensive back)

Desormeaux gives Ragin’ Cajuns his pledge

LOUISIANA La. — Entering this past weekend, the University of Louisiana Ragin’ Cajuns had already received 14 verball football commitments.

On Sunday morning, the Cajuns received No. 15 when Catholic High of New Iberia quarterback Michael Desormeaux told Rickey Bustle and his staff that he would be continuing his football career at UL this fall.

“It came to the point where I was ready to make a decision,” said Desormeaux, who is academically eligible and has scored a 24 on his ACT. “I had a great time on my visit there this past weekend and it felt like the right thing to do.”

Desormeaux, who was also offered by Mississippi State and McNeese State, chose the Cajuns over UL Monroe and Louisiana Tech, which he was scheduled to visit with next weekend.

“In the beginning, I was kind of leaning toward ULM,” Desormeaux said. “But I knew that I wanted to make my visits before making any decision. The last couple of weeks, though, I was really thinking UL.”

In 2003, Desormeaux completed 151-of-255 passes (59 percent) for 2,084 yards and 24 touchdowns, while throwing only nine interceptions. He also had 83 carries for 576 yards and eight touchdowns en route to being an All-State and All-Acadiana selection.

Among the reasons why Desormeaux commited to the Cajuns is because of the atmosphere surrounding Bustle’s coaching staff.

The rest of the story

Eric Narcisse
    enarcisse@theadvertiser.com

7. Default

This sounds great, can anyone tell me about this qb?

He is left-handed.

He'll be a hoss by the time he's a junior. I'll have season tickets by that time, so I'll get to enjoy the game without a tuba on my back!

10. UL Football Locals Desormeaux, Rubin select Ragin' Cajuns

LOUISIANA La. — Wednesday was just a formality for Michael Desormeaux — a big one, to be sure, but a formality just the same.

“The day I committed was when I decided,” Desormeaux said. “There was never a doubt after that.”

The Catholic-New Iberia quarterback made his commitment to University of Louisiana officially on Wednesday’s National Signing Day, signing and returning his letter of intent at CHNI, just as Lafayette High running back Caleb Rubin did at LHS.

The two standouts highlight coach Rickey Bustle’s third Ragin’ Cajun recruiting class, a group celebrated with a program Wednesday night at the Cajundome Convention Center.

“I’m excited to get it behind me,” Desormeaux said. “It was a long time coming.

“When I went on my visit to UL, I liked the way the players were all very close to each other. They were like a family, and the coaches were easy to talk to.”

It’s an atmosphere Desormeaux was familiar with at Catholic High.

“Most of us have played together since we were little bitty, some of us since we were 6 years old,” he said. “We’re all friends outside of sports, too. And the coaches are always there for us.”

Rubin liked the similarity between the offense at LHS and the one run by the Cajuns.

The rest of the story

UL Football The Michael Desormeaux Story on RP

How do you think he will be used this year?

Everything I have looked at says that he is to athletic to keep off of the field but with Babb being only a Jr. do any of ya'll maybe see him getting soem reps at WR? From watching him in the spring game you can tell that he is very talented but what Babb has that I really like is his leadership and you really can't see that untill Desormeaux getson the field to see if he has that little something extra.

I would like to see him used in maybe a similar way to how Louisville used their QB's last year and let Desormeaux maybe get 1 series a game just to get him game time experience so he is ready. Regardless how he is a used I'm am excited about the QB situation and can't wait for the season to get here because I'm getting a tad bit impatient waiting sense baseball ended.

Default Re: Michael Desormeaux???

Will probably be used in a utility role...QB..RB..WR..Trick plays should be all over the field..Can't wait for the season to start.

I heard he will only be used as a quaterback. They dont plan to put him anywhere else...at least that is the word!

UL Football Re: Michael Desormeaux???

Quote Originally Posted by lxa656
    I heard he will only be used as a quaterback. They dont plan to put him anywhere else...at least that is the word!
    That's what I'm hearing as well. If for no other reason thatn injuries. If Desormeaux gets hurt playing WR and Babb goes down too, then what? I think it's a good idea to keep Desormeaux at QB with maybe 1-2 series per game.

Quote Originally Posted by bigearl
    That's what I'm hearing as well. If for no other reason thatn injuries. If Desormeaux gets hurt playing WR and Babb goes down too, then what? I think it's a good idea to keep Desormeaux at QB with maybe 1-2 series per game.
    I couldn't agree w/ you more. If you are a qb, then play qb. I don't think he is good enough to beat out our currenjt wrs for significant pt. We could have used a competent qb last year when Babb was hurt in the last 4 games. It cost us a winning season.

Page 1 of 28 1 2 3 4 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information