Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ... 7 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 27 ... LastLast

Thread: PRIME: Michael Desormeaux

1. Default Re: The Desormeaux file

Quote Originally Posted by NOCajun View Post
    _ That ought to be the new T-shirt for all the students to wear to the first home game!!! _
    Does that mean we have to throw out our Babb for Heisman tshirts?

Default Re: The Desormeaux file

Quote Originally Posted by USLJim View Post
    _ It bothers me that the state and national media are not giving Michael Desormeaux more RESPECT. I remember a football player from Crowley, played for lsubr, and was voted the best all around football player in the NCAA, Tommy Casanova.
    I put Desormeaux in his catagory. He can play Quarterback, WR, RB, Defensive Back, Special Teams. That is why I refer to him as Superman. I LIKE Michael as a player and person. I only hope he proves all those bias sports writers WRONG and has ONE heck of a season.
    I also hope we are recruiting superstars from our area and their are a lot of them. Our time is coming and watch out.

Geaux Cajuns. _

If Des was on a respected team, he would probably be getting more pub than he could handle. Remember QB's of losing teams rarely get any credit.
    Des had some games last year where he were unbelievable. Unfortunately, they were usually in defeat. I personally think Des is one of the best dual threat QB's in the country. If he can improve on his passing and gets help from the Defense, he will get some well deserved national publicity.

Quote Originally Posted by NOCajun View Post
    _ That ought to be the new T-shirt for all the students to wear to the first home game!!! _
    You asked for it. haha
    Attached Images Attached Images  

4. Default Re: The Desormeaux file

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    _ If Des was on a respected team, he would probably be getting more pub than he could handle. Remember QB's of losing teams rarely get any credit.
    Des had some games last year where he were unbelievable. Unfortunately, they were usually in defeat. I personally think Des is one of the best dual threat QB's in the country. If he can improve on his passing and gets help from the Defense, he will get some well deserved national publicity. _

I agree if Des played on a bigger market team he would be getting much much higher levels on the hype meter. He is surely among some of the top dual threat players in the country and if the passing part of his game improves a bit more he should be considered one of the top players in that area no matter where he plays. Sadly it seldom works that way.

Geaux Cajuns !

Ragin' Cajuns Re: The Desormeaux file

Quote Originally Posted by ULtimateCajun View Post
    _ You asked for it. haha _
    Now THAT'S PERFECT!!! WOOHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by geo_cajun View Post
    _ Does that mean we have to throw out our Babb for Heisman tshirts? _
    no no no no no no no

UL Football Michael Desormeaux

I think we should have switched Mike to WR last year after the lost to McNeese St. I always thought he would be a great QB If he was in a Paul Johnson(Georgia Tech) offense. You can't turn a option QB into a pure pocket passer. I love his speed he is a great Ath who can play in the NFL as a WR/DB. I would have played John Hundley more in the games (McNeese )last year. If you think about it Coach Blake Anderson (S.Miss)had the best offense in the SBC with MTSU 27.7 Pts. Coach Blake couldn't run his offense with a option QB here thats why at S.Miss they picked QB Austin Davis(21-14 206yrds 2tds) over Martevious Young. Maybe thats why coach Anderson left UL. Now we have coach Jorge Munoz when at EIU he ran the balanced attack offense Just like Anderson. Last year stats from his players at EIU QB Bodie Reeder (170-260 1,726 yrds 10tds 5int) RB Ademola Adeniji (248-1,287yrds 15tds) WR Miach Rucker(55-777yrds 9 tds).John Hundley(Rivals #1 Pro style QB in LA class 05) would have been a great QB in our offense last year and this year.I don't think coach Bustle letting these coaches run there offense. I am not saying bench Mike I think he should play somewhere else as a starter. QB Blaine Gautier is going to do great in this offense as well only he they don't turn him into a run first pass second QB.

Default Re: Michael Desormeaux

Quote Originally Posted by Spydaman70507 View Post
    _ John Hundley(Rivals #1 Pro style QB in LA class 05)
    Be careful not too put much stock in Rivals rankings.... those numbers and $5.00 might get you a sandwich at Subway.

In Practice and in limited game action, to me, Hundley lacked quickness... I agree with others that he was more mobile than people gave him credit for, and he had some speed... That was a problem with an offense that depends on timing.

If you were at V-Tech when Vick was there, there were people who wanted a Druckinmiller type statue qb, and they wanted to make Vick a running bback or a db.

Remember the head coach was an OC... so the offense that an OC brings in is going to conform to the head coach so long as Bustle is here.

The offense didn't lose the game at USM.... The defense took a step back in my opinion.... thank goodness Desormeaux was in at QB.... we may not have scored at all...

As for playing defense, he'd prolly be an upgrade at most positions... he's an athlete.

I liked what I saw from McGuire btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Spydaman70507 View Post
    _ I think we should have switched Mike to WR last year after the lost to McNeese St. I always thought he would be a great QB If he was in a Paul Johnson(Georgia Tech) offense. You can't turn a option QB into a pure pocket passer. I love his speed he is a great Ath who can play in the NFL as a WR/DB. I would have played John Hundley more in the games (McNeese )last year. If you think about it Coach Blake Anderson (S.Miss)had the best offense in the SBC with MTSU 27.7 Pts. Coach Blake couldn't run his offense with a option QB here thats why at S.Miss they picked QB Austin Davis(21-14 206yrds 2tds) over Martevious Young. Maybe thats why coach Anderson left UL. Now we have coach Jorge Munoz when at EIU he ran the balanced attack offense Just like Anderson. Last year stats from his players at EIU QB Bodie Reeder (170-260 1,726 yrds 10tds 5int) RB Ademola Adeniji (248-1,287yrds 15tds) WR Miach Rucker(55-777yrds 9 tds).John Hundley(Rivals #1 Pro style QB in LA class 05) would have been a great QB in our offense last year and this year.I don't think coach Bustle letting these coaches run there offense. I am not saying bench Mike I think he should play somewhere else as a starter. QB Blaine Gautier is going to do great in this offense as well only he they don't turn him into a run first pass second QB. _

I saw Gauthier in the LA v. TX all star game. He is not a passing QB. His passing skills appeared marginal. He appeared to be a pretty good runner. He looked a lot like Desormeaux. A good athlete, but not a particularly good QB. Maybe he just had a bad game.

I like the way Desormeaux was used during Babb's senior season. Desormeaux is by far the best athlete on the team. That puts him at RB, QB, WR, CB, punt return, exc.

Desormeaux is doing a great job leading this team at QB. If anyone remembers his 70 plus yard run at Middle Tenn last year, that was the best example of how good of an athlete he is. 4th down and about 15 yards to go in the 4th quarter, the play totally blows up in his face, he turns nothing into the game changing play.

I said all that to say, we need Desormeaux all over the field!

Quote Originally Posted by Pirogue View Post
    _ Be careful not too put much stock in Rivals rankings.... those numbers and $5.00 might get you a sandwich at Subway.

In Practice and in limited game action, to me, Hundley lacked quickness... I agree with others that he was more mobile than people gave him credit for, and he had some speed... That was a problem with an offense that depends on timing.

If you were at V-Tech when Vick was there, there were people who wanted a Druckinmiller type statue qb, and they wanted to make Vick a running bback or a db.

Remember the head coach was an OC... so the offense that an OC brings in is going to conform to the head coach so long as Bustle is here.

The offense didn't lose the game at USM.... The defense took a step back in my opinion.... thank goodness Desormeaux was in at QB.... we may not have scored at all...

As for playing defense, he'd prolly be an upgrade at most positions... he's an athlete.

I liked what I saw from McGuire btw. _

The game was a mirror of last year. Basically, only 1 play. A belly to the tailback and he either keeps it or Desormeaux pulls it out and runs. No passing game. The receivers never made any space between them and the DB and Desormeaux made terrible reads in throwing the ball. This offense looks terrible because we have no diversification. And our defense was non-existent. Our D line isn't too small. These guys are all 6' 4" or taller and our tackles are 290 - 300 and DE are over 250. I don't know what Gerald Broussard has been coaching them, but it ain't working. Isn't this the first time Broussard coaches the D line?

I still think this boils down to coaching and coaching philosophy. I just can't believe that we don't at least have the talent level of McNeese and look at what they did vs. North Carolina and against us last year. I want Bustle to succeed, but this is starting to border on the rediculous. To start another year with a debilitating loss like this is frustrating and demoralizing for us as fans, much less the players. If we get pummeled again in our next couple of games, we need to do something and make one of the assistants the interim head coach. I don't know how much more of this cr*p I can take. 3 years of Baldwin and now 7 years of Bustle combined with the poor final years of Stokelys and we are looking at almost 15 years of ineptitude. UL had better do something soon or no one will be attending our games and the 10,000 or so season ticket holders will feel like they were duped again. We are making too much progress in other areas to let the main driver of UL athletics take us down, AGAIN.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    _ I saw Gauthier in the LA v. TX all star game. He is not a passing QB. His passing skills appeared marginal. He appeared to be a pretty good runner. He looked a lot like Desormeaux. A good athlete, but not a particularly good QB. Maybe he just had a bad game. _

disagree completely. I saw Gauthier play three times last year and he passed the ball very well. He had a bad game in the all-star classic plus was under tremendous pressure all game. I think he is a great blend of athleticism and passing ability and he will be the guy running this offense for the next 4 years so we better get used to him. I loved him in the scrimmage where he was perfect passing for about 100 yards and ran for another 60 or so. I also talked to a writer who covered him a lot last year and he echoed those sentiments. Blaine is a very good passer especially on the run.

Another thing. I know Mike made two bad reads that cost us but he also threw the deep ball very well. He would have completed one for 50 yards if the receiver hadn't been interfered with. He also threw another great ball but the defender made a play and Chery couldn't adjust and hold on. I think we need to do more of the same in the future and keep going deep.

I also hate hearing about Hundley. He is not meant to run this offense. He could be fine in a conventional pro style like Rusty Smith but he is not a spread qb. He just doesn't have the speed.

_ The game was a mirror of last year. Basically, only 1 play. A belly to the tailback and he either keeps it or Desormeaux pulls it out and runs. No passing game. The receivers never made any space between them and the DB and Desormeaux made terrible reads in throwing the ball. This offense looks terrible because we have no diversification. And our defense was non-existent. Our D line isn't too small. These guys are all 6' 4" or taller and our tackles are 290 - 300 and DE are over 250. I don't know what Gerald Broussard has been coaching them, but it ain't working. Isn't this the first time Broussard coaches the D line?

I still think this boils down to coaching and coaching philosophy. I just can't believe that we don't at least have the talent level of McNeese and look at what they did vs. North Carolina and against us last year. I want Bustle to succeed, but this is starting to border on the rediculous. To start another year with a debilitating loss like this is frustrating and demoralizing for us as fans, much less the players. If we get pummeled again in our next couple of games, we need to do something and make one of the assistants the interim head coach. I don't know how much more of this cr*p I can take. 3 years of Baldwin and now 7 years of Bustle combined with the poor final years of Stokelys and we are looking at almost 15 years of ineptitude. UL had better do something soon or no one will be attending our games and the 10,000 or so season ticket holders will feel like they were duped again. We are making too much progress in other areas to let the main driver of UL athletics take us down, AGAIN. _

And another thing I wanted to state. Where is Fourquier in all of this? He is our Defensive Coordinator who is supposed to turn things around. He said we had better athletes with experience who understood his system and he expected great things this year. We gave up 650 freaking yards to USM, to a team still learning a new system with a lot of question marks. Fourquier said something at the QB Club meeting about a lot our football coaches being UL alums and that was because no one wanted them, or something to that effect. Well, maybe there is a reason no one wants them. That was evidenced Saturday night. Now we have to go to the Big 10 and play Illinois. It is time for our coaches to be more accountable.

_ And another thing I wanted to state. Where is Fourquier in all of this? He is our Defensive Coordinator who is supposed to turn things around. He said we had better athletes with experience who understood his system and he expected great things this year. We gave up 650 freaking yards to USM, to a team still learning a new system with a lot of question marks. Fourquier said something at the QB Club meeting about a lot our football coaches being UL alums and that was because no one wanted them, or something to that effect. Well, maybe there is a reason no one wants them. That was evidenced Saturday night. Now we have to go to the Big 10 and play Illinois. It is time for our coaches to be more accountable. _

Agreed. How many times after losses have you seen Bustle say we played terrible and I'm embarassed for what the fans had to witness out there. He always says, "well, we're going to have to clean some things up and work on some things for next week...blah blah"

_ The game was a mirror of last year. Basically, only 1 play. A belly to the tailback and he either keeps it or Desormeaux pulls it out and runs. No passing game. The receivers never made any space between them and the DB and Desormeaux made terrible reads in throwing the ball. This offense looks terrible because we have no diversification. And our defense was non-existent. Our D line isn't too small. These guys are all 6' 4" or taller and our tackles are 290 - 300 and DE are over 250. I don't know what Gerald Broussard has been coaching them, but it ain't working. Isn't this the first time Broussard coaches the D line?

I still think this boils down to coaching and coaching philosophy. I just can't believe that we don't at least have the talent level of McNeese and look at what they did vs. North Carolina and against us last year. I want Bustle to succeed, but this is starting to border on the rediculous. To start another year with a debilitating loss like this is frustrating and demoralizing for us as fans, much less the players. If we get pummeled again in our next couple of games, we need to do something and make one of the assistants the interim head coach. I don't know how much more of this cr*p I can take. 3 years of Baldwin and now 7 years of Bustle combined with the poor final years of Stokelys and we are looking at almost 15 years of ineptitude. UL had better do something soon or no one will be attending our games and the 10,000 or so season ticket holders will feel like they were duped again. We are making too much progress in other areas to let the main driver of UL athletics take us down, AGAIN. _

We do have more talent than McNeese but we aren't utilizing it like they do. Last year's game was evidence on how much better coached they are. They put pressure on us, stopped the run and made big plays. McNeese was the only team last year to hold us under 4 yards per rush! That includes teams like Tennessee and South Carolina. They schemed for us well and made good adjustments at half. Remember, we were tied going into half with them and they drilled us in the second half. Remember Ohio, we were up 11 or 13 at half and didn't score again. It's because we don't make good adjustments.

Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ... 7 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 27 ... LastLast

Thread Information