Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst . 11 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 . LastLast

Thread: PRIME: Michael Desormeaux

Default Michael Desormeaux-nfl?

Do yall think that Mike will be drafted or sign as a free agent? If drafted what round and what are the position options as he is versatil enough to play a lot of different positions.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: Michael Desormeaux-nfl?

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    _ Do yall think that Mike will be drafted or sign as a free agent? If drafted what round and what are the position options as he is versatil enough to play a lot of different positions. _
    I don't think he will be drafted, but may get a free agent contract. The NFL doesn't really reward much for being versatile at multiple positions. A big problem with Mike is that he played college positions that he could not play in the NFL. Even for a versatile special teams guy (which is what I think someone may value him for) his injury last season took some of the flash off of his stellar college athleticism. May not be fair, but I think it may remove that needed "extra" to have gotten on a roster. But. stranger things have happened.

I don't know, but I do know that him, Fenroy, and Cherry are off to a bad start by not getting invited to the combine. I couldn't believe that not one of them were invited to the combine, but 2 McCheese players were invited. I am not hating on Mcneese, just surprised that those guys would get invites before our hometown heroes. Something is Rotten in Denmark and it ain't the cheese!

Well I guess it is not that bad, one of the Mcneese guys is from Carencro.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/.rence?id=79597

CajunZ1's Avatar CajunZ1 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by Civil Cajun View Post
    I couldn't believe that not one of them were invited to the combine, but 2 McCheese players were invited.
    The NFL doesn't care how low your ACT/GPA is.

Quote Originally Posted by Civil Cajun View Post
    _ Well I guess it is not that bad, one of the Mcneese guys is from Carencro.

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/.rence?id=79597 _
    It is bad for UL. If you have a choice between McNeese and UL and you want a shot at the pros go to McNeese. I feel bad for Fenroy and Mike. To bad the NFLE isn't around.

Default mike want to QB?

state/local guys going :

LSU ALEXANDER, CHARLES
    HELMS, CHARLES BRETT
    JACKSON, TYSON TY
    JOHNSON, QUINN
    FAVORITE, MARLON
    TAYLOR, CURTIS
    JOHNSON, HERMAN
    BYRD, DEMETRIUS
    BECKWITH, DARRY
    *JEAN-FRANCOIS, RICKY

MCNEESE ST LAWRENCE, QUINTEN '/ / LINK, KYLE OL
    Nicholls St WEBB, LARDARIUS DC
    Tulane KROPOG, TROY OT
    Baylor GAY, DAN OT

if mike wants to stick at QB think he might want to look to the league up in canada thinking he could have a good shot at least a call/inquiry to see if he can drum up some interest past cajun coach is still up there "can't hurt, might help" dick vermeil

Quote Originally Posted by RCAJUN90 View Post
    _ It is bad for UL. If you have a choice between McNeese and UL and you want a shot at the pros go to McNeese. I feel bad for Fenroy and Mike. To bad the NFLE isn't around. _
    Not being invited doesn't equate to not being drafted. There are plenty of guys in the league that didn't go to the combine or get drafted as well.

Default Re: mike want to QB?

Quote Originally Posted by snote View Post
    _ state/local guys going :

LSU ALEXANDER, CHARLES
    HELMS, CHARLES BRETT
    JACKSON, TYSON TY
    JOHNSON, QUINN
    FAVORITE, MARLON
    TAYLOR, CURTIS
    JOHNSON, HERMAN
    BYRD, DEMETRIUS
    BECKWITH, DARRY
    *JEAN-FRANCOIS, RICKY

MCNEESE ST LAWRENCE, QUINTEN '/ / LINK, KYLE OL
    Nicholls St WEBB, LARDARIUS DC
    Tulane KROPOG, TROY OT
    Baylor GAY, DAN OT

if mike wants to stick at QB think he might want to look to the league up in canada thinking he could have a good shot at least a call/inquiry to see if he can drum up some interest past cajun coach is still up there "can't hurt, might help" dick vermeil _
    Charles Alexander has another year at LSU. I know the Combine site is wrong

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

_ It is bad for UL. If you have a choice between McNeese and UL and you want a shot at the pros go to McNeese. I feel bad for Fenroy and Mike. To bad the NFLE isn't around. _
    It says nothing about either school. McNeese is actually proof that the NFL finds people that fit the prototypical NFL positions at a variety of programs. The only schools that have an NFL advantage for athletes are BCS programs, due to exposure. and they don't get hung with "but it was against weak competition". Fortunately, the NFL does not care what school you went to, and they have seen their fair share of BCS busts and mid-major superstars.

I am afraid last year's UL senior superstars had some NFL "tweener" profiles. But, I still think Chery and Fenroy could work their way onto rosters. Chery is the more NFL profile-like of the 3. Mike will find the climb very steep.

I think Cherry will get drafted but not Fenroy or Des. I went by the Athletic Complex the other day and was told the Scouts have been calling for film on Cherry (especially the Packers). They have not received many, if any, calls for film on Fenroy and Des.

I want Fenroy to get drafted of course but if he doesn't I'm sure he cam walk onto a team. Maybe, just maybe, he is that bruiser the Saints are looking for. That would be a dream come true for Fenroy to be a Saint!!!!

As for Des, I think he has a chance to make a roster but at a position other than QB. Perhaps Safety or Receiver.

If Mike, Jason or Fenroy didn't get invited to the combine then they still do the pro day workout at cajun field correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    _ It says nothing about either school. McNeese is actually proof that the NFL finds people that fit the prototypical NFL positions at a variety of programs. The only schools that have an NFL advantage for athletes are BCS programs, due to exposure. and they don't get hung with "but it was against weak competition". Fortunately, the NFL does not care what school you went to, and they have seen their fair share of BCS busts and mid-major superstars.

I am afraid last year's UL senior superstars had some NFL "tweener" profiles. But, I still think Chery and Fenroy could work their way onto rosters. Chery is the more NFL profile-like of the 3. Mike will find the climb very steep. _
    How does Fenroy compare to Warrick Dunn? That is who he reminds me off.

_ How does Fenroy compare to Warrick Dunn? That is who he reminds me off. _
    About 5 inches taller and 20 pounds heavier. I have met and talked to Dunn he is the same build as Caleb Ruben just more muscular.

Quote Originally Posted by JMVCAJUNS View Post
    _ If Mike, Jason or Fenroy didn't get invited to the combine then they still do the pro day workout at cajun field correct? _
    Yea seniors participate in UL's Pro Day

Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst . 11 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 . LastLast

Thread Information