Thread: PRIME: Michael Desormeaux

Default Desormeaux's touchdown pass to Ladarius Green_Nov 08

Not the best quality...

2. Default Re: Desormeaux's touchdown pass to Ladarius Green_Nov 08

Nice feel for the atmosphere

Default Re: Desormeaux's touchdown pass to Ladarius Green_Nov 08

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    _ Nice feel for the atmosphere _
    It's amazing how much bigger it feels when you're there, this feels like high school...

Default Re: Desormeaux's touchdown pass to Ladarius Green_Nov 08

I think by the time L. Green is a senior (if used) can be a star. I remember on signing day Stevie P. interviewed him and Green said he chose UL over FAU because of UL's academics, and now to see how good he is on the field it's a win win for him and UL (and us fans!).

5. UL Football Desormeaux coming back strong

The return of UL quarterback Mike Desormeaux impressed head coach Rickey Bustle in last week's 49-20 win over Florida International.

Desormeaux enjoyed one of his top performances of the season after a one-game absence due to a sprained right knee. The senior lefty completed 13-of-19 passes for 216 yards and two touchdowns. He also ran eight times for 44 yards.

The New Iberia native came up just short of a third touchdown pass early in the third quarter. Desormeaux hit Richie Falgout for an 82-yard gain, but he was knocked out at FIU's 1-yard line.

"Offensively, I thought Mike was effective given that he was not 100 percent," Bustle said. "He made great choices throwing the ball.

The rest of the story

Joshua Parrott • jparrott@theadvertiser.com • November 6, 2008

Default Desormeaux's Last Game

Story on Mike's last game at Cajun Field

http://www.katc.com/Global/category....&nav=menu209_5

UL Football Re: Desormeaux's Last Game

I always try to tell my son or my players about special times, special players, Wednesday night is one of them!

We as Cajun fans will witness the final game of a dozen or so UL Seniors three of them that really stand out in Cherry, Fenroy and Desormeaux!

Cherry must be used to his strengths, returns, deep balls, slants, and end arounds. Use his sub 4.3 speed!

Desormeaux and Fenroy will set some more Cajun and National records:

Desmo needs just 7 yards to get his 1,000 yards on the ground making him and Fenroy the ONLY QB and RB in the history of the game to have both run for 1,000 yards each for two consecutive years!!!!

Fenroy needs two more touchdowns to pass UL great Brian Mitchell for that record and I think 20 yards to be the all time Louisiana yardage leader.

We as Cajun fans need to show up and show our props for ALL these young men as they deserve it.

We must be there no matter how the game is going to keep them going and if all goes well UL will prosper in with a WIN!!!

We ALL know these warriors will put it all on the line and forgo any record to get the WIN!!!

Best of Luck Cajuns on the Field and with you Dreams in Life!!!

Default Desormeaux off to New Jersey to get ready for draft

Desormeaux's focus is on preparing for his shot in professional football. Earlier this week he signed with an agent, Latish Kinsler out of New Jersey. In another two weeks he'll be cleared to begin running again. On Jan. 5, Desormeaux will begin an eight-week training program at TEST Sports Club in New Jersey - the same facility used last year by former UL safety LaMar Morgan and ex-Acadiana High and LSU standout Alley Broussard. Although his position at the next level is unclear, Desormeaux said some scouts have projected him to play safety, slot receiver or running back. Just depends on who is talking.
    NFLdraftscout.com

Default Re: Desormeaux off to New Jersey to get ready for draft

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel02 View Post
    I couldn't imagine him being a Qb but I wish him the best. There should always be a place for such a warrior. I will never forget him launching his body over the A&M defense in a very lost cause.

Good Luck, Mike D !!!!!

Anyone know what kind of shape his knee is in?

4.72 - 40? I would have thought he would have been 4.5 - 4.6 speed.

Apparently he ran twice at 4.62 and 4.84. Avg. of 4.73. If he's a slot receiver, 40 doesn't mean squat, as long as you have a quick jump, good move off the line, and run clean routes. (i.e. Wes Welker who ran a 4.6) If he gains 10 pds., he'll still have the speed with proper training to play safety. I'm not so sure about him being a QB but Mike seems like a kid that if he gets on a team he'll go anywhere they ask him to and play that position balls to the wall.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun08 View Post
    _ 4.72 - 40? I would have thought he would have been 4.5 - 4.6 speed. _
    I am willing to be he runs 4.4, 4.5 or better at the combine.

Quote Originally Posted by BabbForHeisman View Post
    _ Anyone know what kind of shape his knee is in? _
    Last report was he had the surgery around Christmas and the Doc's found it was not as bad as they thought. In an interview he seemed very optimistic for a quick recovery.

Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ... 10 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Thread Information