Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 9 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Thread: PRIME: Michael Desormeaux

1. Default Re: Desormeaux Draddy Trophy Semifinalist

Quote Originally Posted by Sonsissymia View Post
    first time i've thought about that in years. the thought made me pause over my corndog. _
    Okay, not gonna lie; that line made me LOL.

On to the topic of the thread: Congratulations to Mike! Brains and brawn- I swoon, I swoon!

Default Re: Desormeaux Draddy Trophy Semifinalist

_ when i was young, miss st was sometimes called the "maroons" sorta like an alternate team name in the vein of the war eagles or the plainsmen for auburn. first time i've thought about that in years. the thought made me pause over my corndog. _
    Glad you could see the humor in the post, and not get offended by an off the cuff attempt at a joke! Enjoy the bye week, your team has a tough task next weekend.

GEAUX UL!

3. Default Desormeaux Update?

Anybody have any news on Mike?

4. UL Football Re: Desormeaux Update?

This is what Joshua Parrott reported:

"UL quarterback Mike Desormeaux went down with an injury with 10:40 left but walked off the field under his own power. He said he was fine after the game."

Default Re: Desormeaux Update?

"Fine" as defined by Desormeaux would likely mean that I would still be lying on the turf waiting to heal before I got up. One tough hombre.

Des is liek the Black Night in "Monty Python and the Holy Grail" with both arms and legs cut off challenging his opponent..."C'mon back here, I'll bite your kneecaps off !!!!!!"

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Desormeaux Update?

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post
    _ Des is liek the Black Night in "Monty Python and the Holy Grail" with both arms and legs cut off challenging his opponent..."C'mon back here, I'll bite your kneecaps off !!!!!!" _
    Oh yeah!! I told someone last week after the monroe game that he'd continue to play as long as his legs still worked and he remained conscious!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post
    _ Des is liek the Black Night in "Monty Python and the Holy Grail" with both arms and legs cut off challenging his opponent..."C'mon back here, I'll bite your kneecaps off !!!!!!" _

"It's just a flesh wound", or "I've had worse"

mike is ,simply put, a tank.

10. UL Football Thinning the crowd

The pool of 164 semifinalists for The Draddy Trophy will be narrowed to 15 finalists on Wednesday for college football's most prestigious academic honor by the National Football Foundation and College Hall of Fame.

UL quarterback Mike Desormeaux was named a semifinalist for the award earlier in the season.

The rest of the story

Joshua Parrott • jparrott@theadvertiser.com • October 28, 2008

Default Re: Desormeaux Draddy Trophy Semifinalist

_ you mean like those other state schools that have had not a finalist, but a WINNER? like in '05?

Previous winners
    Year Player School
    1990 Chris Howard Air Force
    1991 Brad Culpepper Florida
    1992 Jim Hansen Colorado
    1993 Thomas D. Burns Virginia
    1994 Robert B. Zatechka Nebraska
    1995 Bobby Hoying Ohio State
    1996 Danny Wuerffel Florida
    1997 Peyton Manning Tennessee
    1998 Matt Stinchcomb Georgia
    1999 Chad Pennington Marshall
    2000 Kyle Vanden Bosch Nebraska
    2001 Joaquin Gonzalez Miami
    2002 Brandon Roberts Washington University
    2003 Craig Krenzel Ohio State
    2004 Michael Muñoz Tennessee
    2005 Rudy Niswanger LSU
    2006 Brian Leonard Rutgers
    2007 Dallas Griffin Texas _
    That's an impressive list. Des would be a worthy addition to the club.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Desormeaux Draddy Trophy Semifinalist

somebody correct me if i'm wrong, but i believe the linebacker we use to have on our team this year, you know the who preferred to have his head in the clouds rather than focused on the football field, at the very least would have qualified to be in the running for this. 3.71 gpa, or something close to that. i believe that's what i read somewhere.

Default Re: Desormeaux update

I wonder if Des is going to be 100% in the mobillity department. We could really use his feet on Saturday.

Default It's not delievery its Desormeaux?

I don't know if that was Turbine or 77 but thank you for a good chuckle this morning. Man it feels great to be a Cajun fan right now.

Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 9 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Thread Information