Thread: PRIME: Michael Desormeaux

Default Re: Geaux Desormeaux's

I'd like a shirt like that..........

2. Default Desormeaux on BEV

Desormeaux
    on now, Bustle up next.

Posted via Mobile Device

3. UL Football #6 ranking doesn't faze Desormeaux

NEW ORLEANS - After the way last season went for UL's football team, Michael Desormeaux understands why his Ragin' Cajuns were picked sixth in this year's preseason Sun Belt Conference poll.

Going 3-9 and tying for fifth in last year's conference standings left the voters, which included the league's eight head coaches and select media members, with little other choice.

"I can see why people are picking us to be near the bottom," Desormeaux said on Monday from the Sun Belt Conference Media Days. "After last year we deserved it. We didn't play very well.

The rest of the story

Joshua Parrott • jparrott@theadvertiser.com • July 22, 2008

Default Re: #6 ranking doesn't faze Desormeaux

""I'd rather go in as the favorite than a dark horse," said FAU coach Howard Schnellenberger, whose Owls were sixth in last year's preseason poll. "We will have a better football team than last year. Whether that's reflected in our record remains to be seen."

The predictions for success for FAU in 2008 are supersized. It should be interesting to see how they react with everyone on the schedule being fully aware of the expectations.

Road games at Texas, Michigan State and Minnesota are 3 of their first 4 opponents so the opportunity to shine will be there early.

In conference my guess is FAU better have a big slice of the luck they had in 2007 to go with their perceived talent and ability. They wear the bull's eye in 2008.

Quote Originally Posted by DestinCajun View Post
    ""I'd rather go in as the favorite than a dark horse," said FAU coach Howard Schnellenberger, whose Owls were sixth in last year's preseason poll. "We will have a better football team than last year. Whether that's reflected in our record remains to be seen."

The predictions for success for FAU in 2008 are supersized. It should be interesting to see how they react with everyone on the schedule being fully aware of the expectations.

Road games at Texas, Michigan State and Minnesota are 3 of their first 4 opponents so the opportunity to shine will be there early.

In conference my guess is FAU better have a big slice of the luck they had in 2007 to go with their perceived talent and ability. They wear the bull's eye in 2008.
    I think it's easier for most teams to fly under the radar. There's no pressure when you're picked to finish in the bottom half of the league. There is pressure when you're anointed the pre-season fave. However, ole Howard is a wily veteran coach. He's been there before and knows how to handle it. If anyone in this league can handle the pressure, it's he. I think Troy and FAU are the teams to watch this year. I hope the Cajuns can step it up to that level. I think they are capable of it.

So year 7 we are moving DOWN in the worst conference in America.... I know its only pre-season but what else is there to talk about....

So IF this works out... will we still be young?? will we still have to be patient?? or will we finally hear a chorus asking for something better? maybe dare i say it DEMANDING excellence around here?? I know... we are under funded... oh poor us... geez....

we COULD be all getting excited about a new young coach right now hoping to be a BCS Head Coach in 10 years by starting here...

Pictures from today

8. UL Football Desormeaux Back to Lead Ragin' Cajuns

It won't be much longer before we hear pads popping on the University of Louisiana practice fields.

The Ragin' Cajuns have a solid group of key players coming back. They have a clean slate and big dreams about winning the Sun Belt Conference championship, along with a New Orleans Bowl bid.

The rest of the story

By Chris Mycoskie

Default Re: Desormeaux Back to Lead Ragin' Cajuns

THANK YOU for a fine piece of TV sports reporting.

PS I hope MetryCajun takes a peek.

10. UL Football Two-minute drill (Q&A) with Michael Desormeaux

After watching his senior football season at Catholic High in New Iberia fly by, Michael Desormeaux promised himself he would cherish his collegiate playing career.

Desormeaux did what he could to appreciate playing football at UL but still found himself starting his final fall camp with the Ragin' Cajuns on Monday.

The senior quarterback took a few minutes after Monday's practice to talk with The Daily Advertiser about himself, his teammates and his expectations for this season.

Question: What do you like the most about finally getting out on the practice field?

Answer: It's the intensity when you're back at practice. The coaches are on top of you. Everybody's trying to win a spot right now. That's what makes this fun.

The rest of the interview

Joshua Parrott • jparrott@theadvertiser.com • August 5, 2008

11. UL Football Desormeaux the new Definition of HeIsMan

If his passing picks up, Desormeaux may be the NCAA's ultimate weapon

The bumps and bruises finally caught up with Mike Desormeaux by the end of last season. The quarterback from New Iberia was hurt on the first play of the second quarter against Florida International in Week 11, injuring his clavicle and bruising his ribs.

Those injuries were severe enough to force him to the sideline for the season's final seven quarters.

In the offseason, Desormeaux wanted to get stronger and bigger. And he did with plenty of hard work in the weight room. He enters his senior season at 6-foot-2, 215 pounds - up 15 pounds from his playing weight a year ago.

"I knew I wanted to get a lot stronger because last year I pretty much missed the last two games due to injury," Desormeaux said. "I wanted to make it through the whole season this year.

The rest of the story

Joshua Parrott • jparrott@theadvertiser.com • August 27, 2008

12. UL Football The Desormeaux file

Desormeaux became the third player in school history to rush for 1,000 yards in a season, joining Brian Mitchell and Tyrell Fenroy

Enters 2008 ranked seventh in career rushing yards (1,808) and is 171 yards shy of fifth place in Cajuns history

His 3,825 career total offensive yards rank sixth in school history, while his 2,017 career passing yards are 29 yards shy of the Cajuns career top 10

Led the team with 1,141 yards rushing (103.7/game), becoming the first player since Brian Mitchell (119.2) in 1989 to average over 100 yards rushing per game

Became the 24th quarterback in NCAA history to rush for over 1,000 yards in a season.

Finished with the 20th most rushing yards by a quarterback in a single season in NCAA history

Ragin' Cajuns Re: The Desormeaux file

Quote Originally Posted by NewsCopy View Post
    _ _
    It bothers me that the state and national media are not giving Michael Desormeaux more RESPECT. I remember a football player from Crowley, played for lsubr, and was voted the best all around football player in the NCAA, Tommy Casanova.
    I put Desormeaux in his catagory. He can play Quarterback, WR, RB, Defensive Back, Special Teams. That is why I refer to him as Superman. I LIKE Michael as a player and person. I only hope he proves all those bias sports writers WRONG and has ONE heck of a season.
    I also hope we are recruiting superstars from our area and their are a lot of them. Our time is coming and watch out.

Geaux Cajuns.

Default Re: The Desormeaux file

Quote Originally Posted by USLJim View Post
    _ It bothers me that the state and national media are not giving Michael Desormeaux more RESPECT. I remember a football player from Crowley, played for lsubr, and was voted the best all around football player in the NCAA, Tommy Casanova.
    I put Desormeaux in his catagory. He can play Quarterback, WR, RB, Defensive Back, Special Teams. That is why I refer to him as Superman. I LIKE Michael as a player and person. I only hope he proves all those bias sports writers WRONG and has ONE heck of a season.
    I also hope we are recruiting superstars from our area and their are a lot of them. Our time is coming and watch out.

Geaux Cajuns. _
    When you add in his leadership ability and academics to his football skills, Des ought to be a Heisman Trophy candidate.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: The Desormeaux file

Quote Originally Posted by DestinCajun View Post
    _ When you add in his leadership ability and academics to his football skills, Des ought to be a Heisman Trophy candidate.

_
    That ought to be the new T-shirt for all the students to wear to the first home game!!!

Page 16 of 28 FirstFirst ... 6 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 26 ... LastLast

Thread Information