Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 25 ... LastLast

Thread: PRIME: Michael Desormeaux

1. Default Re: Desormeaux ranked 18th on list of top dual-threat quarterbacks

Now that Omar Haugabook is gone, I'd say UL possibly has the best QB in the conference. Everyone keeps talking about Rusty Smith (FAU) and how good he is, but if you ask me he is overrated. I saw Desormeaux in action last season and he has the potential to be great. I'm honestly worried about what he will do to our defense this season.

I will warn you though, our defense will not see a drop off of any kind this season. In fact, I expect our guys to be tougher than last season. We had a great secondary last year thanks to Leodis McKelvin and Elbert Mack, but we couldn't stop anyone on the run. UL's rush attack really hurt us, but I can't say that'll be the case this year. Still, with a QB like Desormeaux, I will be watching nervously as your offense takes the field in Troy this season.

Cheers

Default Re: Desormeaux ranked 18th on list of top dual-threat quarterbacks

Quote Originally Posted by Trojan Delta Chi View Post
    Now that Omar Haugabook is gone, I'd say UL possibly has the best QB in the conference. Everyone keeps talking about Rusty Smith (FAU) and how good he is, but if you ask me he is overrated. I saw Desormeaux in action last season and he has the potential to be great. I'm honestly worried about what he will do to our defense this season.

I will warn you though, our defense will not see a drop off of any kind this season. In fact, I expect our guys to be tougher than last season. We had a great secondary last year thanks to Leodis McKelvin and Elbert Mack, but we couldn't stop anyone on the run. UL's rush attack really hurt us, but I can't say that'll be the case this year. Still, with a QB like Desormeaux, I will be watching nervously as your offense takes the field in Troy this season.

Cheers
    ^--- I like this guy

Default Re: Tebow tops list of the country’s top 20 dual-threat quarterbacks (Desormeaux 18th

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    _ There is no question in my mind that Des will leave here as one of the Top 3 qb's to ever play here. Behind only Jake and Mitchell. He is better than Babb and if he had the defense that both Brian Mitchell and Jake had then he may be the best qb we have had. But he will be judged by wins and losses and its a shame he has not had the defensive support as the others have had. Hell even Babb had an NFL secondary for two years. _
    There are not 17 better dual threat QB's than Des. If he was on a better team he would be viewed in the top 5. Des is a great football player and I agree, is the 3rd best QB we have had in the modern era of UL football.

Yea for positive articles and posts regarding our football team!!!! Let's keep it up! This year will be great.

Default Re: Tebow tops list of the country’s top 20 dual-threat quarterbacks (Desormeaux 18th

_ There is no question in my mind that Des will leave here as one of the Top 3 qb's to ever play here. Behind only Jake and Mitchell. He is better than Babb and if he had the defense that both Brian Mitchell and Jake had then he may be the best qb we have had. But he will be judged by wins and losses and its a shame he has not had the defensive support as the others have had. Hell even Babb had an NFL secondary for two years. _
    Roy Henry who played when Augie was the coach is 3rd in my opinion. He played his freshman year at Notre Dame then transferred here. What an arm. Really didn't have the quality of talent needed to showcase his as well as he should have been. To me, Des is a running back or wide out who occasionally completes a pass. QB? NOT

Quote Originally Posted by ShowDog View Post
    Roy Henry who played when Augie was the coach is 3rd in my opinion. He played his freshman year at Notre Dame then transferred here. What an arm. Really didn't have the quality of talent needed to showcase his as well as he should have been. To me, Des is a running back or wide out who occasionally completes a pass. QB? NOT
    Really? Des will more than likely have the 2nd highest completion percentage in school history. But I guess that does not make him a good QB?

7. Default Re: Desormeaux ranked 18th on list of top dual-threat quarterbacks

Plus he has a really cool name, very Lousiana. Your state has a very distinct culture that cannot be found anywhere else in the South. If you ask me, UL really does embody the essence of Louisiana. Everything about the Ragin' Cajuns screams Louisiana.

_ Really? Des will more than likely have the 2nd highest completion percentage in school history. But I guess that does not make him a good QB? _
    Hey, I love Des. Noone works harder to the best they can be. I just personally don't think he will ever play qb anywhere else. However, I do feel he will be drafted because he is an outstanding athlete.

Really? Des will more than likely have the 2nd highest completion percentage in school history. But I guess that does not make him a good QB?
    Will you people please give this up. Completion percentage alone has almost nothing to do with how good a passer of the football you are.

Do you know who almost always leads the NBA in field goal percentage?

Shaq.

Nobody will confuse Shaq with being one of the best shooters in the NBA.

Same holds true here.

Thank you.

11. Default Re: Desormeaux ranked 18th on list of top dual-threat quarterbacks

I enjoy watching Des play as much as anyone , kid is one hell of an athlete. But i have to agree i would like to see more out of his passing game but also remember some of this has to be our wideouts getting open and actually catching the ball. I to dont think he will play QB anywhere else as he is more of a runner but his athletic ability will definately draw some attention.

12. UL Football Michael Desormeaux 49th rated fantasy QB

13. UL Football UL’s Desormeaux eager to tackle offensive changes

UL — For Michael Desormeaux another new football season has usually meant a new offensive system to learn, and 2008 won’t buck that trend.

But the idea of re-learning a playbook doesn’t cause much of a ripple with the Louisiana senior quarterback.

It’s just a little more bookwork for the Ragin’ Cajuns signal-caller to master.

Besides managing his duties as UL’s starting quarterback, Desormeaux also blazed through the last academic year with a 4.0 grade-point average.

Quarterbacks are supposed to be smart, but the former Catholic of New Iberia star has taken that stereotype to another level.

Desormeaux applies the same tenacity that he takes to the classroom to his football skull sessions.

The rest of the story

By RANDY ROSETTA
    Advocate sportswriter

14. Default Geaux Desormeaux's

I got Matt and Mike's Aunt to give me this magnet.

I think it is pretty cool.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Default Re: Geaux Desormeaux's

very cool

Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 25 ... LastLast

Thread Information