Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 24 ... LastLast

Thread: PRIME: Michael Desormeaux

Default Re: Any Info On Des?

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun08 View Post
    _ As long as nothing is broken, I would expect him to be questionable for this weeks game. Just like he was going into the FIU game. _
    Yeah, that was the official word today. Also, it looks like Levier is out with knee and ankle injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post
    _ Anyone have any update on Mike D's injury? At worst I would suspect that he is out for next week and at best it will be day to day. Anyone have any reliable news? _
    As reliable as it gets. My mom talked with his dad in miami after the game. She even did a quick exam (she is a RN). Mike D's dad said he would be out next game. If any body else has heard diffrently let us know. I would like to se him on the field against ULM.

Mike's x-rays Sunday showed no broken bones. The first rib under the collar bone separated from the sternum cracking the cartilage. Doctors said that due to no broken bones it would be possible to play, but the pain would be pretty bad and it would depend on if Mike could stand the pain. Just wanted to let you know Mike's status and thank you for your concern.

Quote Originally Posted by b26s View Post
    _ Mike's x-rays Sunday showed no broken bones. The first rib under the collar bone separated from the sternum cracking the cartilage. Doctors said that due to no broken bones it would be possible to play, but the pain would be pretty bad and it would depend on if Mike could stand the pain. Just wanted to let you know Mike's status and thank you for your concern. _
    Seeing how he has played all year I don't think any of us doubt that Mike would play with the pain. But we also hope that he considers his long term future and would not hurt his chances for next year and possibly beyond to force the issue and play in this game. We want him to be 100% gong into next year.

rhineaux's Avatar rhineaux is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer58 View Post
    _ Seeing how he has played all year I don't think any of us doubt that Mike would play with the pain. But we also hope that he considers his long term future and would not hurt his chances for next year and possibly beyond to force the issue and play in this game. We want him to be 100% gong into next year. _
    Being that its so close to the offseason, and spring is only a few months away, it would really suck if this guy got really hurt on saturday and ended up having to have surgery or something that would require a lengthy recovery time. the win is important from a perception and pride standpoint, but is it worth taking the risk?

6. UL Football Re: Any Info On Des?

If Desormeaux does not play Saturday, it will not budge my opinion that he is one of the toughest players I have ever seen.

7. UL Football Re: Any Info On Des?

I hate to be pessimistic but this season is over. If he is in any kind of pain, I mean even a freakin toothache, he should sit out. I'm all for sucking it up for the team and all but with his talent, he should just heal so he could come back strong next season. I'm never like this, fellow fans, but it's true.

Quote Originally Posted by angellebertrand View Post
    _ I hate to be pessimistic but this season is over. If he is in any kind of pain, I mean even a freakin toothache, he should sit out. I'm all for sucking it up for the team and all but with his talent, he should just heal so he could come back strong next season. I'm never like this, fellow fans, but it's true. _

Uhh... you realize that there are 102 other players on the team? Granted, they aren't all dressed, but Dez is not the team.

If you pay attention to Cajun football, then you would know that Morel came into the game and ended up rallying his team to a 10 point win.

9. UL Football UL's QB doubtful for ULM

UL's quarterback situation for Saturday's season finale against UL Monroe is a carbon copy of last week's status report.

Regular Michael Desormeaux watched Wednesday's practice wearing a black jersey and shorts, still recovering from the bruised ribs he received last Saturday during the Cajuns' 38-28 win at Florida International.

Desormeaux had done the same thing at last Wednesday's practice with a bruised clavicle, that one picked up late in the 34-24 win over Middle Tennessee one weekend earlier. The combination of the two injuries makes most football movements painful for the

New Iberia junior, but Cajun coach Rickey Bustle didn't rule out an appearance Saturday.

The rest of the story

Dan McDonald
    dmcdonald@theadvertiser.com

Default Re: Any Info On Desormeaux?

I saw Mike in Best Buy (but didnt get to talk to him) on Tuesday. His left arm was in a sling. I would like to see him play on Saturday but I would have to say that Conor proved that he can play and should get the start.

11. UL Football Desormeaux ranked 18th on list of top dual-threat quarterbacks

17. Corey Leonard, Arkansas State: Leonard threw for 2,235 yards and 16 touchdowns and ran for 547 yards and five touchdowns as a sophomore for the Indians.

18. Michael Desormeaux, University of Louisiana: Desormeaux gave UL two 1,000 yard rushers in 2007 (RB Tyrell Fenroy was the other), as he led the Ragin’ Cajuns with 1,141 yards on the ground, with seven touchdowns. He also threw for 1,405 yards and 10 touchdowns. His continued improvement as a passer will be key to UL’s push for a Sun Belt title and a bowl berth.

The rest of the story

The Red Zone Report

12. UL Football Blog: First-hand impressions grade players

A college football fan Web site recently rated two Sun Belt signal callers among the top-20 dual-threat quarterbacks in the country. My reaction hints at the importance of up-close impressions.

Arkansas State’s Corey Leonard was ranked 18th on the list, and Louisiana-Lafayette’s Michael Desormeaux was 19th on the list compiled by The Red Zone Report (Florida’s Tim Tebow topped the list).

Granted, both Desormeaux and Leonard are talented quarterbacks and among the Sun Belt’s best, but my first-hand impressions leave them a notch apart.

The rest of the story

By ADAM SPARKS
    sparks@dnj.com

Default Re: Tebow tops list of the country’s top 20 dual-threat quarterbacks (Desormeaux 18th

There is no question in my mind that Des will leave here as one of the Top 3 qb's to ever play here. Behind only Jake and Mitchell. He is better than Babb and if he had the defense that both Brian Mitchell and Jake had then he may be the best qb we have had. But he will be judged by wins and losses and its a shame he has not had the defensive support as the others have had. Hell even Babb had an NFL secondary for two years.

14. Default Re: Tebow tops list of the country’s top 20 dual-threat quarterbacks (Desormeaux 18th

That is a great article, and obviously unbiased. (insert Advertiser insult here)

15. Default Re: Tebow tops list of the country’s top 20 dual-threat quarterbacks (Desormeaux 18th

If Desormeaux continues to show improvement in his passing game he could easily climb further up that list. What I like about Desormeaux running the ball is his elusiveness. Just when you think he is going to be tackled he finds a seam and is off to the races. Looking forward to football season already.

Page 14 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 24 ... LastLast

Thread Information