Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 22 ... LastLast

Thread: PRIME: Michael Desormeaux

Default Re: Where is Desormeaux?

I will not argue with anyone about the fact that Babb is a better passer than Desormeaux but we run 80% of the time and every team we play knows that we are going to run. I don't think anyone of you will argue with me if I say that Desormeaux is a bigger threat running the ball. So if we run 80% of the time and throw 20% (this is just my guess I haven't actually looked at the stats) why isn't Desormeaux in the game.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Where is Desormeaux?

Quote Originally Posted by 2 ul 0105
    I will not argue with anyone about the fact that Babb is a better passer than Desormeaux but we run 80% of the time and every team we play knows that we are going to run. I don't think anyone of you will argue with me if I say that Desormeaux is a bigger threat running the ball. So if we run 80% of the time and throw 20% (this is just my guess I haven't actually looked at the stats) why isn't Desormeaux in the game.
    On our 5 game winning streak at the end of last year our run/pass ratio was 6/1. Saturday it was 5/4. Lest you think we passed Saturday because they were stopping the run; we averaged 5.1 yards/carry, with no long runs to skew the mean.

I agree with most of what was said here, too. I've been saying all along that we should use the 2 qbs much like Florida uses their two. Mike D can come in and change the pace of the offense and really make things happen. The fact is this--yes, Babb may be a better throwing QB, but he's scared to get hit. And he's not completing the passes. Two of his int's were thrown off of his back foot when he saw pressure getting to him. Perhaps he needed to see things from the sidelines for a little while to get his mojo back. Either way, he's not cutting the mustard right now. And I know that they weren't all his fault, some were recievers, etc. But how does that change the fact that we're not getting it done in the air?

Do I think Mike is the answer to all of the problems? No. But he couldn't have done worse. We were going into our 8th straight quarter without scoring an offensive touchdown last Saturday. We only scored on their 2nd or 3rd team while they were in a soft prevent. There's no way that Mike could have not added a spark to the team.

It's my understanding that Coach Bustle told Mike that he would get 5 series against MTSU. It's stupid to deny him the opportunity when it could only have led to better results, and it's horrible to not fulfill that promise when all signs point to better things happening if he's in. I hope that coach doesn't renege on his word this weekend.

Finally, I'll say this. I hated our play-calling this weekend. I know that they want to establish the pass, but when it ain't working, and the run is...I'd rather win the game. I'm not one to second guess a coach, they know a lot more than me...but I was disgusted with some of what I saw last weekend. That being said, I'm still a Cajun fan til I die, and I'll always support the team, win or lose. I just hope that we can correct some of these mistakes and win more than the alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by OleMissCajunFan
    Finally, I'll say this. I hated our play-calling this weekend.
    How would you grade each part of the team this past weekend ?

Offense
    Defense
    Special Teams
    Coaching

rhineaux's Avatar rhineaux is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by RoundUP

Offense
    Defense
    Special Teams
    Coaching
    I give it a Z, because that is as far away from an A as possible.

It probably wasn't that bad though, I just thought it was funny.

Quote Originally Posted by RoundUP

Offense
    Defense
    Special Teams
    Coaching

Offense--D. We didn't score until the 4th qtr. We ran the ball well, which is why it's a D and not an F.

Defense--C. I don't like how we gave up the 13 yard curl routes on 3rd and 12. We had some trouble tackling, which is unusual for us. We had the one pick returned for a TD, which was beautiful, but I feel like we gave up a few too many big plays. This could be a higher grade, however, because the D was on the field way too much. They had the ball for almost 10 minutes more than us. This was not the D's fault, per se.

Special Teams--C+. Good kicking by Drew, but the grade is brought down by poor kickoff covers and a poor return game. Brit punted well.

Coaching--F. (or Z). We would run the ball down their throats, get across the 50, and start passing and bad things would happen. I know it's not all Babb's fault, but when WRs are turning the ball over, we don't need to keep at it. Also, what's up with running the ball well, getting inside the 5 yard line, throwing for 2 downs and then on 3rd motioning Fenroy out of the backfield and running a freaking DRAW?!!?!!? We did one thing well all night, and that's run the ball with Fenroy, who averaged 5.6 yds per carry. Why, inside the 5, you throw twice and then motion him out and run a draw, is just beyond me.
    As previously stated, I also strongly disagree with the decision to not bring in Mike D. I think that's really, really bone-headed and beyond explanation. And 6 turnovers is terrible. You won't win ballgames like that, and like it or not, that falls back on coaching.

I'm not calling for anyone's head here, because I think these are all rare and fixable problems. I hope, however, that they're fixed and fixed soon.

Geaux Cajuns.

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver
    On our 5 game winning streak at the end of last year our run/pass ratio was 6/1. Saturday it was 5/4. Lest you think we passed Saturday because they were stopping the run; we averaged 5.1 yards/carry, with no long runs to skew the mean.
    You're right. When I saw the rushing stats I was puzzled as to why we didn't run a lot more. Doesn't. 5.1 yds. X 2 downs =10.2 yds. Isn't 10 yds. what is needed for a first down? duh!!!!!!

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by showdog
    You're right. When I saw the rushing stats I was puzzled as to why we didn't run a lot more. Doesn't. 5.1 yds. X 2 downs =10.2 yds. Isn't 10 yds. what is needed for a first down? duh!!!!!!
    Sometimes the rush yds/carry stat is misleading due to one or two big runs (and often many rushes for little or no gain). That was not the case on Saturday.

Our run game, mixed with some two back sets with fakes, pitches, shuffle passes and dink passes is our bread and butter. A long ball to Chery ever so often wouldn't hurt... but having Jerry with the defense on his arse immediately after the snap, and firing a desperation shot over the middle is asking for trouble 81% of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by VObserver
    Maybe NOT knowing Z and Fungus was what made '74 a good year.
    Ha! Probably so!

UL Football How many series did Desormeaux play at QB

I know last week Bustle said Desormeaux would get several series, he got TWO. Did he think I would forget? Why did he go back to no D-Mo

11. Default Re: How many series did Desormeaux play at QB

Whether you have Babb or Desormeaux at QB right now I fear the results would be the same. We need to rethink our offensive scheme because the Sunbelt has us figured out.

Default Re: How many series did Desormeaux play at QB

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun77
    Whether you have Babb or Desormeaux at QB right now I fear the results would be the same. We need to rethink our offensive scheme because the Sunbelt has us figured out.
    So does my 6 year old sister who knows nothing about football.

UL Football Re: How many series did Desormeaux play at QB

Quote Originally Posted by gridiron
    I know last week Bustle said Desormeaux would get several series, he got TWO. Did he think I would forget? Why did he go back to no D-Mo
    A friend of mine has season tickets next to me, but was unable to go to the game this Saturday, due to an ill child. He and his wife and other kids watched the game on TV!

His wife who was a cheerleader in HS and College, and she was telling him during the course of the TV game against North Texas, what direction the play was going to go and pass or run!!!!

Since the FAU game on TV this season, I have recieved phone calls during games with friends watching and saying the same things my friends cheer leading wife said, "They are SSSSSOOOOO predictable!"

Daddy Cajun

UL Football Re: How many series did Desormeaux play at QB

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyCajun

Since the FAU game on TV this season, I have recieved phone calls during games with friends watching and saying the same things my friends cheer leading wife said, "They are SSSSSOOOOO predictable!"

Daddy Cajun
    Isn't that what happens when you can't complete a past beyond five yards past the LOS?!!!

Default Re: How many series did Desormeaux play at QB

Quote Originally Posted by CajunKahouna
    Isn't that what happens when you can't complete a past beyond five yards past the LOS?!!!
    You are not going to win many games scoring just 7 points. The defense only gave up 14 points and 7 of those was after a blocked punt. I think it is time to look to the future and make a change at quarterback.

Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 22 ... LastLast

Thread Information