Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 ... LastLast

Thread: PRIME: Michael Desormeaux

Default Re: Where is Desormeaux?

Quote Originally Posted by DeadRed
    The question on my mind and several people I have spoken to is "Where is Desormeaux?" Early in the year he was getting a series every game at QB. He did well with his opportunities.

Does anyone know why he is not playing QB at all. The question has been asked at the FB lunch, but the answers given are questionable at best.

Maybe coach is afraid of QB controversy.
    Coach Bustle was asked at the QB Club luncheon today about Mike, and he said he intended to put him in at some time into the MTSU game, just didn't...when asked about him playing at Troy, he said yes,...he would get some QB playing time, no matter the way the game is going. You could tell, he regretted not giving Mike a series of downs.

2. Default Re: Where is Desormeaux?

Quote Originally Posted by DeadRed
    Maybe coach is afraid of QB controversy.
    I don't think so look for Mike to QB a series or 2 vs Troy

Quote Originally Posted by BTG
    Coach Bustle was asked at the QB Club luncheon today about Mike, and he said he intended to put him in at some time into the MTSU game, just didn't...when asked about him playing at Troy, he said yes,...he would get some QB playing time, no matter the way the game is going. You could tell, he regretted not giving Mike a series of downs.
    I am definitely in no postion to second guess Caoch Bustle, but it seemed to me Jerry to be out of sync in the first half and did not get better as game wore on. Seems to me maybe giving Mike a series or two might have helped.

This is a GREAT IDEA Re: Where is Desormeaux?

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner
    Babb is a good QB with senior experience, there's alot to be said for that. It's not like our 3 losses have been soley on him. What if we could actually get a few stops on 3rd down? What about the 2 fumbles?

Babb is the man for the job this season. Believe me, Bustle is not reading the messege boards are is he going to be seeking advice from callers of Jay Walker's show.
    Not allowing Babb to make his own audibles during the game makes me feel like there is a lack of confidence in Babb from the coaching staff.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunref
    I am definitely in no postion to second guess Caoch Bustle, but it seemed to me Jerry to be out of sync in the first half and did not get better as game wore on. Seems to me maybe giving Mike a series or two might have helped.
    I think so too....and I'm surely not second guessing Coach Bustle...
    You could tell at the luncheon, he regretted not giving Mike a chance to spark the team....the way he spoke, he just didn't have the 'right' opportunity to put him in...but when questioned, he left very, very little doubt he would play at Troy, no matter what was happening. Bustle wasn't a happy camper after the game, or at the luncheon. I had the very great opportunity of having a sideline pass for the MTSU game, and after the game, I shook hands with Bustle, and he was litterally steaming.
    Another thing...at the luncheon, Gerald Hebert spoke...and what he said, I thought was tremendous. He said, and I'll try and quote..."Its hard losing a game like this...and we are all disappointed. Buts lets think about this for a moment...when was the last time we hurt like this after a loss? We used to accept losses easier, but now, our expectations are higher, and that is good. We expect to win, and that is the mark of a good program. Years ago, we couldn't spell expectations, and now, ours are high. This program, these players, and these coaches are moving in the right direction."
    I'm new on board the UL bandwagon, but I ain't gettin off...I'm glad to be a new found Cajun fan...who went to school here in 74, didn't finish...but found his roots again....

I think so too....and I'm surely not second guessing Coach Bustle...
    You could tell at the luncheon, he regretted not giving Mike a chance to spark the team....the way he spoke, he just didn't have the 'right' opportunity to put him in...but when questioned, he left very, very little doubt he would play at Troy, no matter what was happening. Bustle wasn't a happy camper after the game, or at the luncheon. I had the very great opportunity of having a sideline pass for the MTSU game, and after the game, I shook hands with Bustle, and he was litterally steaming.
    Another thing...at the luncheon, Gerald Hebert spoke...and what he said, I thought was tremendous. He said, and I'll try and quote..."Its hard losing a game like this...and we are all disappointed. Buts lets think about this for a moment...when was the last time we hurt like this after a loss? We used to accept losses easier, but now, our expectations are higher, and that is good. We expect to win, and that is the mark of a good program. Years ago, we couldn't spell expectations, and now, ours are high. This program, these players, and these coaches are moving in the right direction."
    I'm new on board the UL bandwagon, but I ain't gettin off...I'm glad to be a new found Cajun fan...who went to school here in 74, didn't finish...but found his roots again....
    I agree with Geralds remarks. Welcome back. I never left, been a fan since 68, graduated in 72, and soon will all three of my children. I seen the highs and lows over the last 38 years. No better place in the world to be!

Quote Originally Posted by cajunref
    I agree with Geralds remarks. Welcome back. I never left, been a fan since 68, graduated in 72, and soon will all three of my children. I seen the highs and lows over the last 38 years. No better place in the world to be!
    Thanks...good to be home...
    My Son graduated UL in 2004....and that is one of the biggest reasons I'm back on board.....very, very good to be home.

8. Default Re: Where is Desormeaux?

Welcome home! You picked a great time to find your way back!

Appreciate your insight into the comments at the luncheon. I've never been able to attend one. I have the kind of job where I'm virtually held prisoner during my work hours, but a girl can dream.

Did Coach Bustle specifically mention putting Des in at the QB position at Troy? Or was it just a general mention that he'd get playing time?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunKate
    Welcome home! You picked a great time to find your way back!

Appreciate your insight into the comments at the luncheon. I've never been able to attend one. I have the kind of job where I'm virtually held prisoner during my work hours, but a girl can dream.

Did Coach Bustle specifically mention putting Des in at the QB position at Troy? Or was it just a general mention that he'd get playing time?
    Thanks for the welcome back!!
    He specifically mentioned he'd get playing time at QB....and he left very little doubt about it...he defended Jerry, but you could tell,....he regretted not giving Mike a series, if nothing more to let Jerry get recomposed. Not to think that he is thinking of changing the starter, he left it clear, Jerry is the man,...but he is going to give Mike a chance here and there to 'spark em'...and he was EMPHATIC that Mike would get a couple series at QB at Troy, no matter what was going on.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunCool
    What I have heard is that with all of the injuries and therefore the necessity to play him at a variety of positions, he is not practicing at qb at all. In fact, I have heard that if we needed to go to another qb, it may not be Desormeaux for that very reason.

Don't have any real sources for this, just talk on the street.
    thats a lie he led the back ups in varsity vs varsity during practice

UL Football Re: Where is Desormeaux?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunCool
    What I have heard is that with all of the injuries and therefore the necessity to play him at a variety of positions, he is not practicing at qb at all. In fact, I have heard that if we needed to go to another qb, it may not be Desormeaux for that very reason.

Don't have any real sources for this, just talk on the street.

He does take snaps at practice, i know for a fact, its not jsut talk on the street....And I think that he should be put in the game sometimes when Jerry has an off series or two. Im not saying he should start or take Jery's place, but when the mommentum of the team is down, throw him in for a series, see what happens....

Quote Originally Posted by DDD Cajun
    He does take snaps at practice, i know for a fact, its not jsut talk on the street....And I think that he should be put in the game sometimes when Jerry has an off series or two. Im not saying he should start or take Jery's place, but when the mommentum of the team is down, throw him in for a series, see what happens....
    Im not so much worried about the momentum, I think that its essential to get Jerry on the sideline and let him see what the defense is doing from the sideline. I think it would help him do better. We should do something similar to what Florida does with Leake and Tebow, or Louisville did with Brohm and Lefors.

Tuffguy

Welcome back! I was at UL from Jan. 73 -May 76, then did a stint in the Coast Guard and finished from 80-82. '74 was a pretty good year for me! And I didn't even know Zeebart or Dr. Funk back then!

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Where is Desormeaux?

Quote Originally Posted by RaginFan2
    Welcome back! I was at UL from Jan. 73 -May 76, then did a stint in the Coast Guard and finished from 80-82. '74 was a pretty good year for me! And I didn't even know Zeebart or Dr. Funk back then!
    Maybe NOT knowing Z and Fungus was what made '74 a good year.

regardless if he was put in at quarterback or not, the ball should have been put in his hands somehow. There is no way the coaching staff can justify not getting him touches when your down by three touchdowns. If you are going to let him run at receiver throw him the damn ball! He is our most explosive player, we have got to get it in his hands a couple times a game. How about a reverse, then come back with a reverse pass and catch the defense sleeping for a quick score. Let him return punts let the kid do what he does and thats win! You can;t worry about a kid getting hurt b/c if it happens it happens and you move on. You think sean payton takes reggie bush out b/c he does'nt want him to get hurt?

Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 ... LastLast

Thread Information