Page 9 of 28 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 19 ... LastLast

Thread: PRIME: Michael Desormeaux

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Michael Desormeaux hunting acccident

Quote Originally Posted by b26s
    Just wanted to let you know that Michael got back home yesterday, 1/12/06, he is heeling up, the swelling is starting to go down and it appears he will be fine. Thanks for all the prayers, it truely is by the grace of God that all the damage was to the fleshy part of his face, but God works like that. Again, thanks for the prayers, the family appreciates it.
    Thanks for the update. Please keep everyone informed, I know it's been on everyone's mind. Mike will stay in everyone's prayers, I'm sure...I'm just glad that it's looking better! Get well soon...I know I can't wait to watch him this fall!

Default Re: Michael Desormeaux hunting acccident

RH, there was quite a bit of numbness initially in the face. Surgeron, when asked how many stitches, said he really wasn't sure, but hundreds. Today he is really starting to get feeling back in most of the face. The cuts seem to be heeling up good and Mike hopes to get the stitches out next week sometime. Take care of yourself over there.

3. This is so COOL Desormeaux recovering from accident

University of Louisiana sophomore-to-be quarterback Michael Desormeaux arrived at home in New Iberia Thursday and continues recuperation from an all-terrain vehicle accident Saturday in Austin, Texas.

Desormeaux, who played in nine games and started four under center during the Ragin' Cajuns' Sun Belt Conference championship season last fall, sustained severe lacerations to his head and face in the accident while on a hunting trip with teammate Erik Jones.

"We were very concerned for Michael's health and well-being," said Cajun head coach Rickey Bustle. "After hearing some of the details, he's very lucky that it wasn't worse."

Bustle said that Desormeaux had no broken bones, jaw or teeth damage and no eye damage. However, he said that the number of stitches on his injuries were "in the hundreds."

Desormeaux and Jones were reportedly riding side-by-side in the all-terrain vehicle and collided with an overhanging limb. Jones, a sophomore-to-be tight end from Austin who started 10 games and had four catches in his freshman year, suffered minor injuries.

The rest of the story

Dan McDonald
    dmcdonald@theadvertiser.com

This is terrible. How is Michael now?

Quote Originally Posted by 1stTake
    Michael was at the Football Banquet. He seemed in good spirits, and the injury was not that noticeable.

Saw him at Jasons, and looked good physically, but eating lunch for him looked like a pain. After all the facial work, I'd immagine its a work in progress to get back to his old self.

Quote Originally Posted by 1stTake
    Michael had the outside stitches taken out Friday before last. The cuts seem to be healing fine. He still dosen't have much use of the right side of his face, but the doctors seem to think that will also come back in time. He has started throwing the ball and is hoping to be able to participate in Spring. He's also very appreciative of the concern everyone has shown, as is his family. Keep him in your prayers.

Default Getting Desormeaux on the Field

Maybe its just me but I think with our improved quarterback situation (Babb, Morel, Hundley) that maybe we could look into putting Mike out on the field more often. It just seems like a waste of talent to let him just call signals from the sidelines. Morel is coming along and I think he can be a very capable QB if Babb were to go down, and Hundley is getting better everyday. Although until Morel is able to prove himself more I dont think Mike should be moved permanently but, it is my opinion that if Connor can prove himself in the spring as a viable back up, that we should move mike around to some kinda of skill positon, or maybe defense. To me a guy as athletic as mike could be our very own Champ Bailey or Fred Smoot. I think with a little size he can be an NFL calaber FS. If everything goes correctly at the QB position I say move Mike around both offensively and Defensively, he's too good of an athelete not to have on the field somewhere. Of course with his injury no one's sure whats going to happen but from what I've heard, he's going to sit out the spring, and he'll be ready by two-a-days, so I guess the coaching staff will make that call next season.

Just my opinion, lemme hear yours,

Geaux Cajuns

This is so COOL Re: Getting Desormeaux on the Feild

It would be great to see Mike in the backfield with Jerry. What an option offense.

Default Re: Getting Desormeaux on the Feild

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFan64
    Maybe its just me but I think with our improved quarterback situation (Babb, Morel, Hundley) that maybe we could look into putting Mike out on the field more often. It just seems like a waste of talent to let him just call signals from the sidelines. Morel is coming along and I think he can be a very capable QB if Babb were to go down, and Hundley is getting better everyday. Although until Morel is able to prove himself more I dont think Mike should be moved permanently but, it is my opinion that if Connor can prove himself in the spring as a viable back up, that we should move mike around to some kinda of skill positon, or maybe defense. To me a guy as athletic as mike could be our very own Champ Bailey or Fred Smoot. I think with a little size he can be an NFL calaber FS. If everything goes correctly at the QB position I say move Mike around both offensively and Defensively, he's too good of an athelete not to have on the field somewhere. Of course with his injury no one's sure whats going to happen but from what I've heard, he's going to sit out the spring, and he'll be ready by two-a-days, so I guess the coaching staff will make that call next season.

Geaux Cajuns

First off, I just hope that he can recover from his injury in time to play!

secondly, while i was an advocate of pushing this topic last season, I know believe it is a bigger threat for teams to have to prepare for both QBs. I am going to have to trust in the coaches here.

I tend to lean with LAX on this one. Although it would be great to see Mike D. play on the defensive side of the ball, his presence in the offensive scheme is something that the opposition will come to dread. His ability to disguise the handoff/keeper is far superior to Babb. If there is a guy that i would love to see as a D-back, it would have to be Deon Wallace. Look at his film! He is an incredible athlete with remarkable speed. If he puts his hands on the ball and has any space...kiss him goodby! He was the one RB from last year that I was really hyped for, but with the Freak that is Fenroy and some of the more stout guys that have been in our backfeild (and thoes to come soon) I think Wallace could be our next Ike Taylor. Godspeed on the recovery for Mike.

-Derf

UL Football Re: Getting Desormeaux on the Feild

Quote Originally Posted by lxa656
    First off, I just hope that he can recover from his injury in time to play!

secondly, while i was an advocate of pushing this topic last season, I know believe it is a bigger threat for teams to have to prepare for both QBs. I am going to have to trust in the coaches here.

Saw Michael at the recruiting bash and he is fine. His face is still swollen but he is fine and I think he will be participating in Spring Drills. To what extent I don't know. He told me he was real lucky and his cutting up on 4 wheeler days are over. LOL. He looks healthy other than his scares.

What a duo, Babb and Desormeaux

Geaux Cajuns
    It is my understanding that Desormeaux turned down offers from SEC schools because they wanted him to play defense.

Default Re: Getting Desormeaux on the Field

To me its like an Ike Taylor situation:

Ike came to UL as a running back and after a season or two I think he made the decision to play defensive back. If Ike doesn't make that change I don't think he's in the position he is right now. Bottom line, Mike is a player and he's going to excell no matter where you put him, and although he is a good college quaterback, if he were to switch to defense I think he can be one ____ of a NFL Free Safety. I say with the team being in the good qauterback situation we are in, I think its a perfect opportunity for a guy like Mike to make that change to give him a better opportunity for his future. I'm not sure so if anyone knows help me out on this one, but I can't think of one college qauterback who was moved to a defensive back position to excell in the NFL. I remember Scott Frost from Nebraska, but he didn't last that long. I think more rigidity has to occure at the qauterback posiition in order for mike to even have that decision but, like I said Mike is a player, and I think if it would help the team if he moved to Free Safety, I think its something he'd be willing to do.

I know I keep saying defense, but he'd make one ____ of a receiver out of the slot too, so don't rule that out, along with being a good qauterback also. He's an athelete, it would be a waste to have him just being a signal man on the sideline.

Geaux Cajuns

Default Re: Getting Desormeaux on the Field

To me its like an Ike Taylor situation:

Ike came to UL as a running back and after a season or two I think he made the decision to play defensive back. If Ike doesn't make that change I don't think he's in the position he is right now.

Geaux Cajuns
    Good point! I really didnt know that Taylor came in to the program as a RB.

Page 9 of 28 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 19 ... LastLast

Thread Information