Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 ... LastLast

Thread: PRIME: Michael Desormeaux

Default Re: Desormeaux will start Thursday's game

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21
    Family members/friends/old class mates, always seem to show up in times like this....

LOL!!!

Z.
    Hey Z, I haven't even said a word here... HAHA

To be honest MD impresses the ~~~~ out of me. His time will come. Big time.

Quote Originally Posted by 2 ul 0105
    They were starting to click well againist Northwestern State, but that was a division II team. Maybe I should have phrased that differently both may work but it Desormeaux works BETTER than we should stick to with him and not feel so loyal to Babb. He has done great things and I am not saying that he isn't a good quarterback but the best QB should play. If Michael goes out and gets us some wins and looks impressive doing it then we should stick with him. If he doesn't then go back to Babb. Simple as that.
    I think you are too quick to write off Babb's ability, given that he is threatening a lot of Delhomme's records. Further, Desormeaux is not nearly as polished as Babb. Probably only has a fraction of the playbook and is just now getting the repetitions he needs to read and react.

This thread reminds me of Mack Brown's desire to get Chris Simms "potential" on the field, despite the fact that Applewhite was the reigning Big 12 player of the year and performing well. We are still waiting on Simms potential to turn into results.

Don't get me wrong. I think Desormeaux will be awesome. However, he plays Thursday out of necessity.

I think in the end we both want the same thing. You obviously have watched Mike play before he was a Cajun. I saw both of them play some games in high school. They are both tremendous athletes. When the game starts on Thursday I will be cheering like hell for Mike Desormeaux. I hope he throws for 300 yards runs for 100 and scores 4 touchdowns, however I am not willing to say that the reason we will win games is because Mike is at quaterback and Jerry isnt.

It may be because we are playing an 0-5 FAU team. If Mike would lead us to a win at Arkansas State then thats something different. For people to say that Jerry Babb has taken us as far as he can at QB is ridiculous. I guarantee you if more people would have seen the Middle Tennesse St. game up in Murfressboro two years ago, they would realize what Jerry Babb means to this program. It was not Ross Brupbacher, or even Fred Stamps (although he had a hell of a game) who carried us. Jerry Babb, a freshmen, put the team on his back and would not let them lose. Jerry came in and lead a winless team to their first win after coming back when Rekieta got hurt. I hope Mike does well, but I just don't feel right now that their is a quaterback controversy.

Babb will be the starter, although Mike should see some action in a slash role. Mike did look good at times but his stats says he didn't play all that well--talking about passing stats. His running was off the hook.

Quote Originally Posted by SlappyCajun
    I think in the end we both want the same thing. You obviously have watched Mike play before he was a Cajun. I saw both of them play some games in high school. They are both tremendous athletes. When the game starts on Thursday I will be cheering like hell for Mike Desormeaux. I hope he throws for 300 yards runs for 100 and scores 4 touchdowns, however I am not willing to say that the reason we will win games is because Mike is at quaterback and Jerry isnt.

It may be because we are playing an 0-5 FAU team. If Mike would lead us to a win at Arkansas State then thats something different. For people to say that Jerry Babb has taken us as far as he can at QB is ridiculous. I guarantee you if more people would have seen the Middle Tennesse St. game up in Murfressboro two years ago, they would realize what Jerry Babb means to this program. It was not Ross Brupbacher, or even Fred Stamps (although he had a hell of a game) who carried us. Jerry Babb, a freshmen, put the team on his back and would not let them lose. Jerry came in and lead a winless team to their first win after coming back when Rekieta got hurt. I hope Mike does well, but I just don't feel right now that their is a quaterback controversy.
    Everyone understand that I am not saying that he is better than Babb right now I am saying that he has all the potential in the world and that if that potential comes out sooner as in before Babb comes back and I mean he lights up whoever he plays until then and looks VERY impressive then we should stick with him. If he doesn't then obviously Babb is more experienced and should regain his spot. I just believe he has the POTENTIAL to be better than Babb it all just depends when he becomes comfortable and can make the right reads the raw talent is there.

Default I take blaim for the loss

I TAKE BLAIM FOR LAST NIGHT AND WOULD LIKE TO RETRACT THE STATEMENT THAT D-MO WILL BE BETTER THAN BABB SOONER RATHER THAN LATER. HE MUST HAVE READ MY POSTS AND THEY JUST MIGHT HAVE GOT TO HIS HEAD.

SERIOUSLY I THOUGHT HE WAS FARTHER ALONG THAN THE WAY HE PLAYED LAST NIGHT OR MAYBE I JUST OVERLOOKED BABB'S TALENT.

GOOD LUCK CAJUNS I WILL BE WATCHING NEXT WEEK

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Default Re: I take blaim for the loss

Quote Originally Posted by 2 ul 0105
    I TAKE BLAIM FOR LAST NIGHT AND WOULD LIKE TO RETRACT THE STATEMENT THAT D-MO WILL BE BETTER THAN BABB SOONER RATHER THAN LATER. HE MUST HAVE READ MY POSTS AND THEY JUST MIGHT HAVE GOT TO HIS HEAD.

SERIOUSLY I THOUGHT HE WAS FARTHER ALONG THAN THE WAY HE PLAYED LAST NIGHT OR MAYBE I JUST OVERLOOKED BABB'S TALENT.

GOOD LUCK CAJUNS I WILL BE WATCHING NEXT WEEK
    Easy dude!! Everyone struggled last night.. Trust me, there is enough blame to go around... None of its your fault.. LOL!!!

D-Mo is a work in progress... He will be a good one before its over..

Z.

RedCajun's Avatar RedCajun is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

D-Mo did struggle last night, but the recievers have to help him out. In the first half he was putting the ball in their hands and they were dropping it...in the first half. After that most of his passes were not close.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by redcajun
    D-Mo did struggle last night, but the recievers have to help him out. In the first half he was putting the ball in their hands and they were dropping it...in the first half. After that most of his passes were not close.
    no doubt...

Z.

10. UL Football Dwight Lindon on Desormeaux

Senior running back Dwight Lindon was on hand in 2003 when Jerry Babb stepped in as a redshirt freshman quarterback for Louisiana's Ragin' Cajuns.

Now, with Babb sidelined by a shoulder injury, Michael Desormeaux is in that position for the Cajuns as they try to rebound from a 1-4 season start.

"There's no way to compare the two," Lindon said. "I will say that the mistakes Michael makes now, Jerry made the same mistakes in the past.

"He's just going through growing pains right now. Once he gets through that position, he'll be all right."

While he's growing into the job, Desormeaux still has the presence he needs in the huddle.

The rest of the story

Bruce Brown
    bbrown@theadvertiser.com

11. People Meet the Desormeaux's

From this spring, Louisiana's super capable backup -till Jerry Babb gets healthy- and current Ragin' Cajun starter at quarterback, Michael Desormeaux and his parents.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Default Re: Meet the Desormeaux's

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine

From this spring, Louisiana's super capable backup -till Jerry Babb gets healthy- and current Ragin' Cajun starter at quarterback, Michael Desormeaux and his parents.

I say recruit his Dad as a linebacker!!!!!!

Default Re: Meet the Desormeaux's

Quote Originally Posted by RedBug58
    I say recruit his Dad as a linebacker!!!!!!

His dad was a QB in high school and threw me a few TD passes at NISH. Good to se him again.
    CC

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Meet the Desormeaux's

Quote Originally Posted by CajunConnection
    His dad was a QB in high school and threw me a few TD passes at NISH. Good to se him again.
    CC
    I hope we utilize both QB's when Babb returns. Desormeaux's a hugh threat as a option QB, utilize it for the rest of the season. If Babb doesn't return, work the hell out of the kid and help become a better QB than he is becoming. We have been fortunate to have gotten some good QBs the last few years. Our only problem is that they have been thrown into the fire with no experience. Jake, Babb, and now Desormeaux. Not bad. Let's hope whoever is in there for the last games can WIN. Beat ULM for Sure. Can you imagine they may be coming to play in the NO bowl. HELLO

15. Default Re: Meet the Desormeaux's

have any of you guys ever heard of michael's little brother, matt? he's a senior at catholic-new iberia and he's a fullback slash linebacker, but he is a beast for real and he's huge....go check him out at rivals

Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 ... LastLast

Thread Information