Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 ... LastLast

Thread: PRIME: Michael Desormeaux

Default Re: Desormeaux will start Thursday's game

Can someone tell us just what is wrong with Jerry Babbs shoulder. I saw him get hurt but did not see an injury report!

DaddyCajun!!

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyCajun
    Can someone tell us just what is wrong with Jerry Babbs shoulder. I saw him get hurt but did not see an injury report!

DaddyCajun!!

Bruised ligament in the throwing shoulder. Out 1-4 weeks.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by BirdofParadise
    Amazing.

Jerry Babb has the highest completion percentage in UL history. He has shown the ability to take over a game.

I think Michael did well. But, he's not ready YET to take us out of third and long situations.

Babb is the quarterback when he is healthy....and unless he gets hurt or gets decisively beaten out, he will be the quarterback through the 2006 season.

There may be plays where the two play at the same time. There may be times that Coach Bustle uses both quarterbacks in the same game.

But Babb is the starter. Make no mistake about that.
    Family members/friends/old class mates, always seem to show up in times like this....

LOL!!!

Z.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21
    Family members/friends/old class mates, always seem to show up in times like this....

LOL!!!

Z.
    Z, how can you not see the clarity of Jay's statement. Injury's have been handled that way for years (amateur, college {which I believe is actually semipro}, and pro). But...Maybe a paradigm can be broken. Not a fan of Birds Eye View? :o

LOL!!!

3T

5. Default Re: Desormeaux will start Thursday's game

Amazing.

Jerry Babb has the highest completion percentage in UL history. He has shown the ability to take over a game.

I think Michael did well. But, he's not ready YET to take us out of third and long situations.

Babb is the quarterback when he is healthy....and unless he gets hurt or gets decisively beaten out, he will be the quarterback through the 2006 season.

There may be plays where the two play at the same time. There may be times that Coach Bustle uses both quarterbacks in the same game.

Did coach bustle mention anything about changes to the offensive play calling for the game against FAU to better suit Mike D.'s ability?

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Tripple Threat
    Z, how can you not see the clarity of Jay's statement. Injury's have been handled that way for years (amateur, college {which I believe is actually semipro}, and pro). But...Maybe a paradigm can be broken. Not a fan of Birds Eye View? :o

LOL!!!

3T
    OH NO!! Big BOP fan...

my statement was aimed at the new person on the board extolling the virtues of Desormeaux over Babb....

Mike will be a hero before his 4 years are done...Right now JB is the heart and soul....

Hopefully he recouperates quickly...

That being said, I dont think there is a game left on our schedule that is not winnable with either qb at the helm...

Z.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeebart21
    OH NO!! Big BOP fan...

my statement was aimed at the new person on the board extolling the virtues of Desormeaux over Babb....

Mike will be a hero before his 4 years are done...Right now JB is the heart and soul....

Hopefully he recouperates quickly...

That being said, I dont think there is a game left on our schedule that is not winnable with either qb at the helm...

Z.

My statements were simply aimed at the person who said Babb should automatically regain his starting roll. What I am saying is that Desormeaux has great potential and if he is impressive we should leave him in when Babb comes back. If he is not very impressive then Babb should regain his spot. I just disagree with the idea that if a QB gets hurt then we should automatically give him his spot back when he returns no matter what the circumstances. I believe that Desormeaux has the potential to be great and if that potential shows up sooner rather than later we should not change if we are winning.

Amazing.

I would have to agree with all these valid points. Mike D did look good but there is also not a scouting report on him. He did play good enough to get him some time on the field.

Look at the New England Patriots a few years back. They were perenial losers for a few years at that point. Two weeks into the season Drew Bledsoe goes down with an injury. They start the season 0-2 under Bledsoe then this unexperienced young kid by the name of Tom Brady steps into the role. Struggles slightly early on, but yet, finds ways to win games. Do they go back to losing with Bledsoe, or do they keep Brady who has a weaker arm, less accuracy, less mobile, etc keep winning. They stick with the young gun who is winning, and it has proven to be the smartest thing in the history of the New England Patriots. Moral of the story.... You stick with who will win games... If M-Dez wins games keep him in.

Babb went out 5 plays into the game and was moving the ball from go. He looked great against NWST. We haven't seen him since. I think D Mo came in and played well. He made plays with his feet that Babb probably couldn't. He also made throws that Babb probably wouldn't. They have different styles both good. Babb has a better arm. I aslo think Babb can run, But he stays in the pocket longer and gives the play a chance. D Mo had some good long runs on 3rd and long but if Babb were in the game we might not have been in 3rd and long. I think Babb although not as exciting is the better QB right now. I think if Babb would have played the whole game we would have won by 2 TD's. Im not taking anything away from D Mo I like his style.

By the way, everyone talks about D Mo's feet and how great they are. I think he is a better runner also,but 17 rushes for 76 yards. I haven't researched the numbers but im almost certain Babb rushing stats are just as good if not better.

Alot of people think, If D Mo wouldn't have done this and this we would have won.
    If Babb would have played we would have won or we would be saying the same thing about his performance. D Mo took all but 5 snaps. Basically played the whole game. If we would have won by 2 TD's then I could understand the argument, but we still lost.

I know we'll probably win this week and everyone will keep saying it, but ask yourself what could Babb have done.

Quote Originally Posted by 2 ul 0105
    My statements were simply aimed at the person who said Babb should automatically regain his starting roll. What I am saying is that Desormeaux has great potential and if he is impressive we should leave him in when Babb comes back. If he is not very impressive then Babb should regain his spot. I just disagree with the idea that if a QB gets hurt then we should automatically give him his spot back when he returns no matter what the circumstances. I believe that Desormeaux has the potential to be great and if that potential shows up sooner rather than later we should not change if we are winning.
    Hey buddy, dont go fishing just yet I think Desormeaux will be the real deal before its all over....

Again, I think we can win out with either qb playing... If Jerry only misses a game or two, the job should still be his though.... just one working mans opinion...

Let me reiterate, MD is a top notch kid, and did an excellent job Saturday night!...

Put up the fishing pole and be apart of the fun!!!

Thanks,

Z.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob

I know we'll probably win this week and everyone will keep saying it, but ask yourself what could Babb have done.
    That's the great thing about being a fan

hell try the new QB ... i mean why not , UL has nothing to lose, jerry has had his fair chances, in division 1 college football when you get hurt you lose your spot untill you can earn it back.

It is pronounced Des-er-meaux.
    Yeah, tell that to T.D. who does the speaker announcing at the games. He said Mike's last name a million different ways. We couldn't believe he couldn't get it right!! And he's from here!!

Let's see what happens when Desormeaux is forced by defenses to beat them with his arm.The offense will be scaled back to allow him to work within a the scheme that uses his strenghts.Right now that is his athletic ability and rolling him out on passing downs.He is not a drop back passer right now.Babb on the other hand has proven he can do both well.Watch the game against K-State last year,he ran 60 yrds for a TD.Until Desormeaux can do both equally well, he will be the back-up.In other words,it's Babb's job until he graduates.
    If Babb can return healty,Desormeaux should continue to get some snaps in games situations.I also hope the staff will find some place to get Desormeaux on the field,maybe a slash position.He is that kind of athlete,too good to sit on the bench.

Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 ... LastLast

Thread Information