Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 ... LastLast

Thread: PRIME: Michael Desormeaux

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Geaux Desormeaux

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob
    Why not have Babb at Quarterback and D Mo at reciever. If Babb gets hurt you replace with D Mo and replace D Mo with a Reciver. If D Mo gets hurt you just replace him with a receiver. The only way you can get strait to Huntley is if Babb and D Mo get hurt on the same play. Unless that happens you'll always have one of them at Qback. We are that worried about one of them getting hurt and then having a green backup. Seriously, we are in the Sunbelt...I see this decision by the coaching staff to not play them both the same way I see them coaching games right now, Instead of trying to win they're trying not to lose....
    Jacob....Dat'z what I'z be tri'n to say! Yez in-Deed!

2. Default Re: Geaux Desormeaux

Quote Originally Posted by Tripple Threat
    CajunKate, your posts are always eloquent and appreciated. I got it...
    Awww, you made my miserable Monday so much better. That's awfully nice of you to say.

UL Football Re: Geaux Desormeaux

Quote Originally Posted by CajunKate
    Awww, you made my miserable Monday so much better. That's awfully nice of you to say.
    They still like you, in spite of your rose colored glasses!

4. UL Football 2005-10-04 Desormeaux will start Thursday's game

One year ago, Michael Desormeaux was redshirting and wasn't happy about it.

This week, he's realizing more than ever what a good decision that was.

"I really, really didn't want to redshirt," Desormeaux said Sunday, minutes after his first practice as the Louisiana starting quarterback.

"I probably thought in the back of my mind that it was the best thing, but I wanted to play."

It's not the way he wanted to earn that slot, but he's getting his chance now, and he'll be under center Thursday when the Ragin' Cajuns open Sun Belt Conference play in a televised contest against Florida Atlantic.

The former Catholic-New Iberia standout was pushed into duty Saturday when Cajun regular Jerry Babb suffered an injured shoulder five plays into the Central Florida contest. Even though UL lost a last-second 24-21 heartbreaker, Desormeaux showed much of the athletic ability that so impressed Cajun coaches during recruiting two years ago.

"He stepped in and took control," said Cajun coach Rickey Bustle. "I think that's what impressed our other kids, the fact that he showed he was going to go out there and fight along with them."

Desormeaux finished up 14-of-26 throwing for 119 yards and rushed for 76 yards, with most of those numbers coming in the second and third quarters after his abrupt entry.

"Jerry's such a great person and athlete, losing someone like him is tough for the team," Desormeaux said. "It's not easy to come in when a guy like that goes down. You don't want to get your first start under these circumstances. But you have to put that aside. You try to be as prepared as you can be."

He now realizes the importance of watching and learning the system last year.

"It's sure better now," he said. "I know I've still got three and a half more years."

The rest of the story

Dan McDonald
    La. Gannett News Service

Attached Images Attached Images  

Default Re: Desormeaux will start Thursday's game

This kid deserves a start with the way he played Saturday...Good luck Mike...

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Desormeaux will start Thursday's game

Now....If Dez-Mo Begins to win.....Do we yank him when J.B. is healthy? Hummmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by RaginEsquire06
    Now....If Dez-Mo Begins to win.....Do we yank him when J.B. is healthy? Hummmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Yes, a player should never lose his position to injury. Once he comes back the better quarterback will show himself, and that is who you play be it Desormeaux or Babb.

Quote Originally Posted by SlappyCajun
    Yes, a player should never lose his position to injury. Once he comes back the better quarterback will show himself, and that is who you play be it Desormeaux or Babb.
    Is it Desormeaux?? or Desameaux?

I mean I now how to spell it, but how does he pronounce it?

Babb should get his position back. Desormeaux will get his chance, he's only a freshmen. The QB position looks good for the future.

Quote Originally Posted by SlappyCajun
    Which one is it. Should you not lose your position or should the better qb play????????????

This is not kindergarden class. So say Babb comes back in 3 weeks hypothetically and we win these next three games impressively because of Desormeaux's play. Should we just go back to what wasn't working before because we don't want people's feelings hurt. Winning cures everything if we would win three straight games with D-Mo not one person on the field or in the stands would disagree with D-Mo staying at QB. Go Desormeaux

Quote Originally Posted by 2 ul 0105
    Which one is it. Should you not lose your position or should the better qb play????????????

This is not kindergarden class. So say Babb comes back in 3 weeks hypothetically and we win these next three games impressively because of Desormeaux's play. Should we just go back to what wasn't working before because we don't want people's feelings hurt. Winning cures everything if we would win three straight games with D-Mo not one person on the field or in the stands would disagree with D-Mo staying at QB. Go Desormeaux
    Hopefully it is a very tough decision for the coaches to make. That would mean that we've been winning. But just for argument sake; exactly what "wasn't working" with Babb leading the offense? Seems to me they were starting to click very well (ref: NWSt game).
    Shof

Quote Originally Posted by shof
    Hopefully it is a very tough decision for the coaches to make. That would mean that we've been winning. But just for argument sake; exactly what "wasn't working" with Babb leading the offense? Seems to me they were starting to click very well (ref: NWSt game).
    Shof
    They were starting to click well againist Northwestern State, but that was a division II team. Maybe I should have phrased that differently both may work but it Desormeaux works BETTER than we should stick to with him and not feel so loyal to Babb. He has done great things and I am not saying that he isn't a good quarterback but the best QB should play. If Michael goes out and gets us some wins and looks impressive doing it then we should stick with him. If he doesn't then go back to Babb. Simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns
    Is it Desormeaux?? or Desameaux?

I mean I now how to spell it, but how does he pronounce it?

Babb should get his position back. Desormeaux will get his chance, he's only a freshmen. The QB position looks good for the future.
    It is pronounced Des-er-meaux.

Quote Originally Posted by 2 ul 0105

This is the exact issue that I wanted to raise! I think it would be crazy to remove a player who has the ability to put "W's" in the most important column! We all love Babb...But don't lose sight of the overall purpose of the program! Just think of all the different plays that our offense could run with Dez-Mo and J.B. on the field at the same time! J.B. would be great as a roaming flanker! With his understanding of the game...he would create mis-matches all over the second and third levels of the defenses that we face, simply because of cognative apptitude! Think of the QB now WR who is playing for Jacksonville Jags now!

People have to realize that this was Desormeaux's first game and to be honest with you it really wasn't because he didn't practice as the starter all week he was the backup until the game started. I think right now Babb is probably the better person to be starting but if Desormeaux does get a couple of games under his belt I think his upside and potential is 10 fold over Babb. Again let me make it clear that I am not againist Babb I think he is a great guy on and off the field but we need to win and over the course of the whole season I think Desormeaux will get us more wins. Everyone needs to embrace him like they did Babb when he came in as the inexperienced freshman. GOOD LUCK

GO

Quote Originally Posted by RaginEsquire06
    This is the exact issue that I wanted to raise! I think it would be crazy to remove a player who has the ability to put "W's" in the most important column! We all love Babb...But don't lose sight of the overall purpose of the program! Just think of all the different plays that our offense could run with Dez-Mo and J.B. on the field at the same time! J.B. would be great as a roaming flanker! With his understanding of the game...he would create mis-matches all over the second and third levels of the defenses that we face, simply because of cognative apptitude! Think of the QB now WR who is playing for Jacksonville Jags now!
    Amazing.

Jerry Babb has the highest completion percentage in UL history. He has shown the ability to take over a game.

I think Michael did well. But, he's not ready YET to take us out of third and long situations.

Babb is the quarterback when he is healthy....and unless he gets hurt or gets decisively beaten out, he will be the quarterback through the 2006 season.

There may be plays where the two play at the same time. There may be times that Coach Bustle uses both quarterbacks in the same game.

But Babb is the starter. Make no mistake about that.

Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 ... LastLast

Thread Information