Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 ... LastLast

Thread: PRIME: Michael Desormeaux

Default Re: Geaux Desormeaux

I know that when Desormeaux was in high school (my alma mater) he worked with five wide reciever sets. He was extremely effective in this type of offense and he did made quick and proper decisions. All that needs to happen is for him to get used to the speed of the college game. Once he gets more college game experience...watch out! Fellow Cajun fans, we have something very special in this young QB.

Geaux Cajuns.

I've always felt Desormeaux would be our best option at QB but always knew he would never get a shot seeing as that he was behind Babb. I think once he becomes more experienced and the coaching staff puts more faith in him we'll have one very dangerous QB.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Geaux Desormeaux

Great showing Dez-Mo! Very fun to watch! You are incredible!

4. Default Re: Geaux Desormeaux

Michael Desormeaux was thrust into the spotlight early in Saturday night's home game with Central Florida at Cajun Field, and the redshirt freshman showed flashes of the skills that made him such a highly recruited quarterback two years ago.

His hurdle of UCF tacklers on a 19-yard run was the kind of thing even Desormeaux couldn't fully explain afterwards, but that kind of move helped the Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns rally from a 21-0 deficit to tie the Knights 21-21 in the fourth period.

But there were also moments when he was betrayed by his inexperience, throwing two interceptions including one in the UCF end zone after the Cajuns blocked a punt.

"I'd give myself a 5 out of 10," said Desormeaux, who rushed for 76 yards and threw for 119 more in the disappointing 24-21 defeat. "I did a couple of good things, but I made some mistakes that ended up being crucial to the team."

The rest of the story

Bruce Brown
    bbrown@theadvertiser.com

5. Default Re: Geaux Desormeaux

Quote Originally Posted by CajunCherokee
    The talk in the crowd was that Babb broke his collarbone. If so, that's likely season ending...
    Not true. My brother is trainer and said Babb has a sprained shoulder, and he should be fine. Maybe not by Thursday, but Jerry should not be out for the season.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunKate
    Not true. My brother is trainer and said Babb has a sprained shoulder, and he should be fine. May be not by Thursday, but he should not out for the season.
    Thanks for the update.

Once Babb gets back I believe he should be our starter but with how athleticly gifted Desormeaux is we have to get him on the field. When he jumped the defenders and stayed on his feet to pick up that first down I was shocked and amazed. Great effort I just wish the result of the game would have been different.

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch0364
    Once Babb gets back I believe he should be our starter but with how athleticly gifted Desormeaux is we have to get him on the field. When he jumped the defenders and stayed on his feet to pick up that first down I was shocked and amazed. Great effort I just wish the result of the game would have been different.
    I like what I see in the quarterbacks. Babb with experience, Desormeaux young & with a lot of raw talent, and we know Hundley was awsome in High School & highly recruited.
    Running backs are very impressive also.

The loss hurt last night, but the program IS moving forward.

9. Default Re: Geaux Desormeaux

Quote Originally Posted by RedBug58
    The loss hurt last night, but the program IS moving forward.
    I'm sorry, but the voice of reason is not allowed here.

I'm sorry, but the voice of reason is not allowed here.

Sorry CajunKate, but everyone has the right to their own opinion and it certainly doesn't make yours right. I've been around football for a long time and I can tell you this staff made some game mangement mistakes last night that were very obvious to most folks that know a little about football. Yes, we have talent and we are better off then four years ago.But there comes a time when potential must turn into results.If you don't believe that then just look at attendance last night.We are averaging less per game then last year.
    It will be less if this staff does not start to win some of these games.That's just fact! Now you can label people bad fans all you want, but I will be at the game Thursday night.

11. Default Re: Geaux Desormeaux

Quote Originally Posted by CajunGuru
    Sorry CajunKate, but everyone has the right to their own opinion and it certainly doesn't make yours right.
    Okaaaaaayyyy...number one, the wink smiley should have tipped you off that I was teasing RedBug. And I certainly never meant to imply that my opinion was the only one. (Is that remark even something that can be labeled an opinion?) Frankly, I don't think I did. I haven't posted anything that rips on anyone else's opinion, at all. Oh, I'm sorry. I did rip a little on Mineshaft in another thread and told him to "put down the poison" but, all things considered, I don't think I was telling him his opinion didn't count.
    I've been around football for a long time and I can tell you this staff made some game mangement mistakes last night that were very obvious to most folks that know a little about football. Yes, we have talent and we are better off then four years ago.But there comes a time when potential must turn into results.If you don't believe that then just look at attendance last night.We are averaging less per game then last year.
    It will be less if this staff does not start to win some of these games.That's just fact!
    I know you have been around football. I have read your posts for a long time now. I actually agree with you on some of these points. I just happened not to post anything about my particular gripes.
    Now you can label people bad fans all you want, but I will be at the game Thursday night.
    I NEVER, EVER called/labeled anyone a bad fan. You can be any kind of fan you like. I may not like it, but I wouldn't give you any ~~~~ for it on these boards. It's not me. I really do take offense to your suggestion that I did "labeled" anyone. I think you took a very benign statement and turned into a lot more than it was meant to be. It was a simple, teasing remark directed toward RedBug, not a slam toward any person who has issues with the football program or its coaching or anything else.
    I, too, will be at the game on Thursday night, just like I've been at every other Cajun home game for the last three years with my season tickets. I'll be the crazy chick in Section D3 screaming louder than any other person within 10 rows of me.

Okaaaaaayyyy...number one, the wink smiley should have tipped you off that I was teasing RedBug. And I certainly never meant to imply that my opinion was the only one. (Is that remark even something that can be labeled an opinion?) Frankly, I don't think I did. I haven't posted anything that rips on anyone else's opinion, at all. Oh, I'm sorry. I did rip a little on Mineshaft in another thread and told him to "put down the poison" but, all things considered, I don't think I was telling him his opinion didn't count.

I know you have been around football. I have read your posts for a long time now. I actually agree with you on some of these points. I just happened not to post anything about my particular gripes.

I NEVER, EVER called/labeled anyone a bad fan. You can be any kind of fan you like. I may not like it, but I wouldn't give you any ~~~~ for it on these boards. It's not me. I really do take offense to your suggestion that I did "labeled" anyone. I think you took a very benign statement and turned into a lot more than it was meant to be. It was a simple, teasing remark directed toward RedBug, not a slam toward any person who has issues with the football program or its coaching or anything else.
    I, too, will be at the game on Thursday night, just like I've been at every other Cajun home game for the last three years with my season tickets. I'll be the crazy chick in Section D3 screaming louder than any other person within 10 rows of me.
    CajunKate, your posts are always eloquent and appreciated. I got it...

Fair enough then, my Apologies !

UL Football Re: Geaux Desormeaux

Sorry CajunKate, but everyone has the right to their own opinion and it certainly doesn't make yours right. I've been around football for a long time and I can tell you this staff made some game mangement mistakes last night that were very obvious to most folks that know a little about football. Yes, we have talent and we are better off then four years ago.But there comes a time when potential must turn into results.If you don't believe that then just look at attendance last night.We are averaging less per game then last year.
    It will be less if this staff does not start to win some of these games.That's just fact! Now you can label people bad fans all you want, but I will be at the game Thursday night.
    Nor does it make your opinion right. Certainly every one has the right to express themselves, and there will be diagreements. To say that your years of experience makes YOU right seems a little sanctimonious.
    Mistakes by the coaching staff. Certainly! But tell me when did you ever see a game that the coaching staff did not make mistakes during the game.

In some of these posts I sense a mentality that is very prevalent to the east of us. I too will be there Thursday and the rest of the home games. Hopefully, I can also make some of the away games.

I also will be there let's put this one behind us and move on.

Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information