Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 ... LastLast

Thread: PRIME: Michael Desormeaux

Default Re: Michael Desormeaux???

Like ya'll I would like to see him stay at QB but I do want to see him get some pt. The way Louisville handled their QB situation last year like I mentioned would be an ideal.

Quote Originally Posted by geauxboy
    We could have used a competent qb last year when Babb was hurt in the last 4 games. It cost us a winning season.
    Do you know something I don't?

Was there a competency problem with Luke last season?

I questioned the decision NOT to use him. From what little he played he seemed to be able to come in and run the offense fairly well.

Was that just luck?

Quote Originally Posted by Pirogue

I questioned the decision NOT to use him. From what little he played he seemed to be able to come in and run the offense fairly well.

Was that just luck?
    I agree with you, Pirogue. I thought it was a little bit like the Aaron Brooks/Jake Delhomme situation. Not exactly, but somewhat similar. I think when the main guy is not 100%, the tendency is to use him anyway since he knows the system so well and has the leadership skills. But Babb's throwing skills were hampered and he couldn't consistently make some of those critical throws in the game to keep drives alive. That's where I think it hurt us leaving him in. If they could have used Luke for several series in each game, that may have helped. But that is water under the bridge. I'll still put my faith in Coach Bustle & his staff to make those decisions. Even if they had changed QB's, there's no guarantee we would have won those games. Maybe we would have, maybe not. We'll never know for sure. It's easy in hind sight to say what should've/could've been done. If he had replaced Babb & we lost by the same score, don't you think people would've been all over him for not sticking with Jerry? Anyway, I'm looking forward to this coming season with a lot of hope. I think we will have not just a winning season, but a real exciting one as well! Geaux Ragin' Cajuns!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pirogue

Was that just luck?
    Absolutely not, I agree with you. My comment was facetious, my opinion was that Luke would have contributed not only during the last part of the season, but throughout the season. Apparently he thought so too, as did some of his teammates, since he transferred immediately after the season.

The problem with Luke was the fact that Frankenstein could move faster than him. Our offense last year revolved more around what Babb could do with his legs than his arm. THe fact that he could scramble around in the back field is what allowed him to make his passes. Lets face it, last year we did not have a strong running game (no mystery to anyone) and a mediocre O-line (which now has experience)....imagine a QB back there that cant move! The situation with Luke was just he didnt fit the system, he wouldve been pounded if he saw signifigant playing time, he had no run support and no line!

IMO, the reason he left, which is admirable, he wanted to play one more year before he hung his cleats up for good. He knew he wouldnt see it at our program with Babb and Freshman that would probably pass him up on the depth chart, so he went to a Division II school. I dont second guess coach for his decision, and wish luke the best with his senior season but he obviously is not Div I material!

Luke was more of a pocket passer and would not have been able to fully run our offense but like ya'll I think he should have been given the chance to try. We would have had to go to less of an option type attack but from watching him in his little playing time he had a great arm and could have maybe got us an extra win or two but you can never tell. I'll leave all the real coaching to the guys who get payed to do it because I'm sure they know a little bit mroe than myself.

Quote Originally Posted by lxa656
    The problem with Luke was the fact that Frankenstein could move faster than him. Our offense last year revolved more around what Babb could do with his legs than his arm. THe fact that he could scramble around in the back field is what allowed him to make his passes. Lets face it, last year we did not have a strong running game (no mystery to anyone) and a mediocre O-line (which now has experience)....imagine a QB back there that cant move! The situation with Luke was just he didnt fit the system, he wouldve been pounded if he saw signifigant playing time, he had no run support and no line!

IMO, the reason he left, which is admirable, he wanted to play one more year before he hung his cleats up for good. He knew he wouldnt see it at our program with Babb and Freshman that would probably pass him up on the depth chart, so he went to a Division II school. I dont second guess coach for his decision, and wish luke the best with his senior season but he obviously is not Div I material!

Luke was not a good fit, but he had a great arm, he was just wasn't utilized properly. I don't quite understand how a "mediocre" O-line can go to an all-conference line in one season despite experience (of course I have questions about that). The fact is Babb hasn't shown he can throw effectively in pocket regardless of protection, but he seems to be better when scrambling. This contributes to his inability to throw deep consistently & the tendency to throw more interceptions than touchdowns. He would certainly benefit from an improved running game, when your qb is the leading rusher @ 498 yds, that's less than desirable.

I don't quite understand how a "mediocre" O-line can go to an all-conference line in one season despite experience (of course I have questions about that).

I am not saying that our Line is going to run the table with all-conference honors, but that fact that on the outside you had a freshman and a sophmore starting with no experience tends to drop you to mediocre status. They were not bad, but they werent great either! This years line is much more expereinced and yes I believe that 11 games under your belt makes you that much better of a player! Again, i state they are not a great line, but a much improved line with the potential to be great! I dont think i was unfair in my analysis.

Luke was not a good fit, but he had a great arm, he was just wasn't utilized properly. I don't quite understand how a "mediocre" O-line can go to an all-conference line in one season despite experience (of course I have questions about that). The fact is Babb hasn't shown he can throw effectively in pocket regardless of protection, but he seems to be better when scrambling. This contributes to his inability to throw deep consistently & the tendency to throw more interceptions than touchdowns. He would certainly benefit from an improved running game, when your qb is the leading rusher @ 498 yds, that's less than desirable.

Ahhhhh. It's so nice to see someone who gets it on this board.

Your evaluations are dead-on accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by HOTBOUDIN
    Ahhhhh. It's so nice to see someone who gets it on this board.

Your evaluations are dead-on accurate.
    Thanks, my opinions are unpopular w/ some, but I have attended every game, home & away but two over the past three years. I comment what I see & know from 40 years of playing, coaching , & observing, not from some hype. Sometimes I think I get it right .

11. Default

just keep your eyes open for Conner Morel in the 2006 season
    he seems to be very athletic and pretty accurate

Quote Originally Posted by ragincajun4
    just keep your eyes open for Conner Morel in the 2006 season
    he seems to be very athletic and pretty accurate
    From what little I saw of him in the spring game & comments from some of the players, I will agree w/ you. Will be tough to get PT over all the locals though if past trends continue.

13. Default Geaux Desormeaux

I think we have one hell of a player in Desormeax. He made all of the freshman mistakes I expected him to. He threw late over the middle and gave up some INTs. And that INT on the goal line, he just threw too flat. The pure potential he shows is exciting. My favorite play of the game was when he ran and jumped over a defender, just awesome. If Babb was in street clothes before the game was over, we might be seeing more of Desormeaux next week. I do hope to see Babb back as soon as possible though, just glad to see the backup puting in some quality minutes.

Default Re: Geaux Desormeaux

The talk in the crowd was that Babb broke his collarbone. If so, that's likely season ending...

Default Re: Geaux Desormeaux

Quote Originally Posted by CajunCherokee
    The talk in the crowd was that Babb broke his collarbone. If so, that's likely season ending...
    Holy Schnikees!

Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information