Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst . 13 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 . LastLast

Thread: PRIME: Michael Desormeaux

Default Re: Michael Desormeaux-nfl?

Quote Originally Posted by andrepourciau View Post
    Why not invite him and find out once and for all?
    hey i'll attempt an answer to your question with no malice in my heart

why not? cause they only have room for about 330 other guys they want to find out about ahead of whomever was not invited

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Andre, I think you'd make an excellent straight man for Snote's radio show.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    Andre, I think you'd make an excellent straight man for Snote's radio show.
    speaking of the snote radio show
    when i was reading your words . i immediately burst out. has anyone heard me laughing ! (ha-ha-ha-ing )

great reply thanks.

4. Research Desormeaux on 2009 Hampshire Honor Society

Louisiana’s Ragin’ Cajuns announced that Michael Desormeaux has been named to the 2009 National Football Foundation & College Hall of Fame (NFF) Hampshire Honor Society, which is comprised of college football players from all divisions of play who each maintained a 3.2 GPA or better.

A total of 564 players from 266 schools qualified for membership in the society's third year, a 27 percent increase from the 2008 class. In its inaugural year in 2007, the Hampshire Honor Society honored over 300 students from 195 schools.

“I’m very proud of Michael, not only because he was a great student and a great football player, but because he graduated,” head football coach Rickey Bustle said. “After his NFL career, he will have the opportunity to put his degree to use.”

Desormeaux capped a stellar career in 2008 by leading the Cajuns offense to the highest scoring season in school history. For his efforts, Desormeaux was named the 2008 Sun Belt Conference Offensive Player of the Year. He also became just the eighth quarterback in NCAA history to rush for 1,000 yards in back-to-back seasons.

Desormeaux is currently a member of the Jacksonville Jaguars, having signed as an undrafted free agent.

He graduated in December 2008 with a cumulative grade-point-average of 3.91.

The Cajuns also had a member of the 2008 NFF Hampshire Honor Society, as former safety Lamar Morgan earned the honor. Both Desormeaux and Morgan were named a semifinalist for the Draddy Trophy during their respective senior season.

The NFF Hampshire Honor Society capitalizes on the NFF's current National Scholar-Athlete program, greatly expanding the number of scholar-athletes the NFF can recognize each year and further strengthening the organization's leadership role in encouraging academic performance by the student-athletes who play football at the more than 700 college and universities with football programs nationwide. Jon F. Hanson, the chairman and founder of The Hampshire Companies, provided an endowment to launch the NFF Hampshire Honor Society in 2007. He made the contribution as part of his legacy to the organization after serving as NFF chairman from 1994-2006.

Qualifications for membership in the inaugural NFF National Honor Society include:

•Being a starter or a significant substitute in one's last year of eligibility at an accredited NCAA Football Bowl Subdivision, Football Championship Subdivision, Division II, Division III, or an NAIA college or university; •Achieving a 3.2 cumulative grade point average throughout entire course of undergraduate study; and •Meeting all NCAA-mandated progress towards degree requirements. The National Honor Society becomes the latest component of the organization's efforts to promote combined athletic and academic success. Launched in 1959 with a donation from Hall of Fame coach Earl "Red" Blaik, the NFF's National Scholar-Athlete Awards program became the first initiative in history to credit a player for his combined academic success, football performance and community leadership.

Since its inception, the NFF National Scholar-Athlete Awards program has awarded $8.9 million to 708 top scholars and community leaders. Currently, the NFF distributes more than $300,000 a year at the national level through the program to 15 individuals. Each winner of a National Scholar-Athlete Award receives an $18,000 post-graduate scholarship. Additionally, the Draddy Trophy, presented by HealthSouth, is given to one member of each year's class as the absolute best. The winner of the Draddy, claimed by Cal center Alex Mack in 2008, receives a total scholarship of $25,000 and a stunning 24-inch, 25-pound bronze trophy. Through, its chapter network, the NFF awards an additional $800,000 to local high school student-athletes, bringing the NFF's annual scholarship total to more than $1.1 million.

UL SI

5. Default Re: Desormeaux on 2009 Hampshire Honor Society

Congratulations Mike

6. Research Desormeaux recognized by Honor Society

Former UL quarterback Michael Desormeaux helped the Ragin' Cajuns shred opposing defenses with his run-pass skills.

Now the New Iberia native is once again getting recognized for his work in the classroom.

Desormeaux was recently named to the 2009 National Football Foundation & College Hall of Fame Hampshire Honor Society, which includes collegiate football players from all levels who made at least a 3.2 grade-point average.

The rest of the story

Joshua Parrott • jparrott@theadvertiser.com • June 21, 2009

7. Default Desormeaux - It's a new world

Former Cajun quarterback Michael Desormeaux will take the field tonight for his third preseason game as a member of the Jacksonville Jaguars, who take on the Philadelphia Eagles in Philadelphia.

After playing in the fourth quarter of Jacksonville's 12-9 loss to Miami on Aug. 17, the rookie strong safety had two tackles in last Saturday's 24-23 loss to Tampa Bay. He played on special teams and spent most of the second half at free safety due to other player injuries.

Desormeaux says he has made a lot of progress since moving to the defensive side of the ball.

The rest of the story

Joshua Parrott
    jparrott@theadvertiser.com

Default Desormeaux

I saw he had 4 solo tackles last night (second most on the jag defense). Did anybody see this game? I'm not sure it was on anywhere. Anyone know how much PT he got?

Default Re: Desormeaux

The game was delayed broadcast at 10 PM on NFL Network. I taped it but haven't watched it yet. Hopefully I'll get to watch it later this evening.

Cuts are coming up soon. It will be a crucial week until the first of the month (unless they choose to cut sooner)

I read on a Jags message board that a lot of fans were disappointed with some of the other safeties' lack of tackling ability, so hopefully, the coaches have faith in his ability. That being said, the Jags let the Eagles come back late and scored the last 3 times to win.

Even if he gets cut, I'd be willing to bet they put him on the PS.

quick heads-up for those interested

michael scheduled to be a guest on the sportsnote radio program today 2:05ish (cst)
    espn1420.com

ps we weren't able to make the time work to have him on live, so we taped a short 10 minute interview he sounds good!

12. Default Re: Desormeaux

I called your show--again great interview!!!

Can those of us who could not listen get a summary of the interview Please?

Quote Originally Posted by snote View Post
    quick heads-up for those interested

michael scheduled to be a guest on the sportsnote radio program today 2:05ish (cst)
    espn1420.com

ps we weren't able to make the time work to have him on live, so we taped a short 10 minute interview he sounds good!

Great work grabbing Desormeaux on such short notice, Bil. I spoke with Mike on Tuesday, and he wasn't even sure he would get to play in the third preseason game because the veterans usually get a little more action . What a nice surprise for him, the Desormeaux family and all Cajun fans.

Quote Originally Posted by ULtimateCajun View Post
    _ I saw he had 4 solo tackles last night (second most on the jag defense). Did anybody see this game? I'm not sure it was on anywhere. Anyone know how much PT he got? _
    I watched the replay of the game. Unfortunately it was a local Eagles broadcasting crew and they did not really talk much about the jags players or highlight them in replays. I did get a glimpse of him a couple of times late in the game making tackles but you really had to look closely to spot him. He was involved in the late play which drew a totally bogus homer call for delay of game against the Jags defense which set the eagles up for the game winning FG on the next play.

Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst . 13 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 . LastLast

Thread Information