Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst . 12 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 . LastLast

Thread: PRIME: Michael Desormeaux

Default Re: Michael Desormeaux-nfl?

Quote Originally Posted by CajunZ1 View Post
    _ The NFL doesn't care how low your ACT/GPA is. _
    Thats a cheap shot. Do you have inside info on the scholastic records of these young me? I doubt that their scores were any different than the average ULL student athete.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Michael Desormeaux-nfl?

Quote Originally Posted by fbfan View Post
    _ Thats a cheap shot. Do you have inside info on the scholastic records of these young me? I doubt that their scores were any different than the average UL student athete. _
    fbfan, It's common knowledge that Lawrence was not qualified coming out of high school. Being 99% of student athletes signed at UL are eligible and a much larger percentage of McNeese athletes are not, then your statement above is false. It's reality.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by RCAJUN90 View Post
    _ How does Fenroy compare to Warrick Dunn? That is who he reminds me off. _
    Dunn isn't nearly as "built" as Fenroy. Fenroy is a little taller. I don't see their builds or running styles that comparable. They are both undersized for the NFL. by some people's standards. Barry Sanders was arguably the best ever and he was not a monster. Built. yes. monster. no way. There are so many other considerations. If I were to guess I would think that NFL scouts see Fenroy as a very strong powerful "little" back and that he may not take the wear and tear (their opinion. not mine). He also may not come across as a shifty enough juke and accelerate guy for his size (their opinion. not mine). I think he rates high in all categories as a RB. he simply does not have that single RB quality that gets an NFL scout's attention. I think he will get in a camp and be impressive. It will take a little luck to land in the right spot to show his stuff and stay on a roster IMO. It is just so hard to be on the outside working your way in.

Default mais huh?

Quote Originally Posted by RCAJUN90 View Post
    How does Fenroy compare to Warrick Dunn? That is who he reminds me off.
    ps. seems as if you give evidence that you could answer your own question?
    -------------

Quote Originally Posted by BeauCajun View Post
    _ fbfan, It's common knowledge that Lawrence was not qualified coming out of high school. Being 99% of student athletes signed at UL are eligible and a much larger percentage of McNeese athletes are not, then your statement above is false. It's reality. _
    First off, I am not trying to support any school over the other. Before you get too excited, take a look and the following link of NCAA 2008 APR scores. Check out some of our schools in LA and find out that ULL is in no better shape than the others. You had 3 sports on notice as of this report. Your football and basketball scores were no better or were worse than McNeese. It is not how a student shows up at school, but what they do while they are there that counts.

http://www.ncaa.org/wps/ncaa?ContentID=329

Just reality.

6. Default Re: Michael Desormeaux-nfl?

_ First off, I am not trying to support any school over the other. Before you get too excited, take a look and the following link of NCAA 2008 APR scores. Check out some of our schools in LA and find out that UL is in no better shape than the others. You had 3 sports on notice as of this report. Your football and basketball scores were no better or were worse than McNeese. It is not how a student shows up at school, but what they do while they are there that counts.

http://www.ncaa.org/wps/ncaa?ContentID=329

Just reality. _
    As a whole, you may have something here. But case-specific with Q Lawrence: I went to High School with him. The whole four year ride. All together, we had 6 classes together, including 2 Physical Eds. I don't want to be too harsh on the guy, because honestly, we became some sort of friends, but the Q was definitely not the sharpest tool in the shed. In fact, if he would have been even remotely average, he could have played a big time school.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1More View Post
    _ Dunn isn't nearly as "built" as Fenroy. Fenroy is a little taller. I don't see their builds or running styles that comparable. They are both undersized for the NFL. by some people's standards. Barry Sanders was arguably the best ever and he was not a monster. Built. yes. monster. no way. There are so many other considerations. If I were to guess I would think that NFL scouts see Fenroy as a very strong powerful "little" back and that he may not take the wear and tear (their opinion. not mine). He also may not come across as a shifty enough juke and accelerate guy for his size (their opinion. not mine). I think he rates high in all categories as a RB. he simply does not have that single RB quality that gets an NFL scout's attention. I think he will get in a camp and be impressive. It will take a little luck to land in the right spot to show his stuff and stay on a roster IMO. It is just so hard to be on the outside working your way in. _
    I just hope the guy gets his shot. Like his whole career all he needs is a crack in the door to knock it down.

Quote Originally Posted by foofoochaisson View Post
    _ As a whole, you may have something here. But case-specific with Q Lawrence: I went to High School with him. The whole four year ride. All together, we had 6 classes together, including 2 Physical Eds. I don't want to be too harsh on the guy, because honestly, we became some sort of friends, but the Q was definitely not the sharpest tool in the shed. In fact, if he would have been even remotely average, he could have played a big time school. _
    I understand Q's situation, but the earlier poster was talking about another player being invited to the combine from McNeese, Kyle Link. Kyle happens to be a honor roll student in engineering. I think that it is lame to paint with a broad brush before you know the facts!

_ I understand Q's situation, but the earlier poster was talking about another player being invited to the combine from McNeese, Kyle Link. Kyle happens to be a honor roll student in engineering. I think that it is lame to paint with a broad brush before you know the facts! _
    I couldn't give you an exact number, but Quinten Lawrence finished college with over a 3.0 g.pa. and no he did not have the best grades in high school as a freshman and sophomore, but he also endured a very tough adolescent life.

Something on Fenroy does not add up. He had a great career and it has been reported, can run a 4.3 40. Even at his size this would make him a NFL draft pick.

Judging by what I saw on the field I never thought of Fenroy as a burner. I bet the NFL has come to the same conclusion and believes he is a 4.5/4.6 guy. This is the only possible explanation I can come up with for his combine snub and lack of pro interest.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by MetryCajun View Post
    _ Something on Fenroy does not add up. He had a great career and it has been reported, can run a 4.3 40. Even at his size this would make him a NFL draft pick.

Judging by what I saw on the field I never thought of Fenroy as a burner. I bet the NFL has come to the same conclusion and believes he is a 4.5/4.6 guy. This is the only possible explanation I can come up with for his combine snub and lack of pro interest. _
    We may never know unless we get a pro scout to explain it. I can't believe that it is a speed issue. He has plenty of quickness. My guess is that if you rate each of his RB category ratings, they are all fairly high. But, no single category tops the charts on the NFL assessment "guide". Tyrell is going to have to get in the back door somehow. and prove that he was worthy all along of being let in thru the front.

Quote Originally Posted by wcd35 View Post
    _ Not being invited doesn't equate to not being drafted. There are plenty of guys in the league that didn't go to the combine or get drafted as well. _

I am not saying that they won't get drafted, I am just saying they are not going to get some well needed publicity. I think we can all agree that every major NFL Scout will be there, not to mention coaches.

13. Default Re: Michael Desormeaux-nfl?

_ Something on Fenroy does not add up. He had a great career and it has been reported, can run a 4.3 40. Even at his size this would make him a NFL draft pick.

Judging by what I saw on the field I never thought of Fenroy as a burner. I bet the NFL has come to the same conclusion and believes he is a 4.5/4.6 guy. This is the only possible explanation I can come up with for his combine snub and lack of pro interest. _
    When Tyrell was 100% at the beginning of the season (ULM particularly), he ran away from people. He looked like a burner.

Quote Originally Posted by Civil Cajun View Post
    _ I am not saying that they won't get drafted, I am just saying they are not going to get some well needed publicity. I think we can all agree that every major NFL Scout will be there, not to mention coaches. _
    I wasnt referring to you directly. I was speaking about the point R90 made. Of course it will be a negative for Tyrell not to go to the combine.

UL Football Re: Michael Desormeaux-nfl?

Something on Fenroy does not add up. He had a great career and it has been reported, can run a 4.3 40. Even at his size this would make him a NFL draft pick.

Judging by what I saw on the field I never thought of Fenroy as a burner. I bet the NFL has come to the same conclusion and believes he is a 4.5/4.6 guy. This is the only possible explanation I can come up with for his combine snub and lack of pro interest.
    Isn't this one of the reasons for the combine? To determine exactly how fast, strong, etc. these players truly are (i.e. rank you amongst your peers)? Why not invite him and find out once and for all?

Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst . 12 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 . LastLast

Thread Information