Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 20 ... LastLast

Thread: PRIME: Michael Desormeaux

Default Re: Getting Desormeaux on the Field

why not let him compete for the starting qb job? we all know what he can do with his feet. although he has suffered the setback of the accident, maybe he has still had time to develop an arm, in which case we are obliged to atleast let him compete for the starting job as qb, atleast before we talk about alternate positions. don't get me wrong, i love babb, but i can't say that i am fully convinced over his full superiority over mike. all im saying is that we gotta give mike a chance at the job he came here to play.

Quote Originally Posted by manizzle
    why not let him compete for the starting qb job? we all know what he can do with his feet. although he has suffered the setback of the accident, maybe he has still had time to develop an arm, in which case we are obliged to atleast let him compete for the starting job as qb, atleast before we talk about alternate positions. don't get me wrong, i love babb, but i can't say that i am fully convinced over his full superiority over mike. all im saying is that we gotta give mike a chance at the job he came here to play.
    Not this again...Babb is the starting QB going into this (his senior) season. Did you guy's forget what Babb did the last few games of the year? I think Des should be on the field in some situations but Babb gives UL the best chance to win.

Quote Originally Posted by KACajun
    Not this again...Babb is the starting QB going into this (his senior) season. Did you guy's forget what Babb did the last few games of the year? I think Des should be on the field in some situations but Babb gives UL the best chance to win.
    I agree with you 100%. Desormeaux might be more tallented but this is Babb's team. He has the experience & he is a leader! Babb will not do anything to hurt the team. He has been in the big situations and he knows the playbook in and out. Babb is my starting QB hands down. Desormeaux will get his time in the spotlight.

Again, these are the types of problems we need to have.

4. UL Football Mike’s visor for function, not form

Michael Desormeaux’s the only UL football player wearing a plastic visor on his helmet during the Ragin’ Cajuns’ fall practice camp, and it’s not from a desire to be different.

Desormeaux began wearing the face protection during spring practice, less than three months removed from what could have been a catastrophic all-terrain vehicle accident. The Catholic-New Iberia product sustained severe head and facial lacerations during the accident while on a hunting trip in Austin, Texas, with teammate and starting tight end Erik Jones.

The two were riding side-by-side in the vehicle and collided with an overhanging limb. Jones suffered minor injuries, and Desormeaux escaped with no broken bones, eye problems or jaw and teeth damage.

“We were very concerned for Michael’s health and well-being,” Cajun head coach Rickey Bustle said. “After hearing the details, he’s very lucky that it wasn’t worse than it was.”

Desormeaux made a much quicker than expected recovery and went through limited spring drills, and he quickly showed he hadn’t missed a beat during the first three days of UL’s fall drills. He had a succession of deep throws on target during pass skeleton drills Wednesday.

The rest of the story

Dan McDonald
    dmcdonald@theadvertisr.com

5. UL Football Desormeaux ready for football oddities

He won't admit it, but Saturday's University of Louisiana football practice session was one of Rickey Bustle's favorite days of the year.

The Ragin' Cajun players aren't too crazy about it, but they realize the necessity and the importance.

On the Saturday prior to each season's opener, Bustle and the UL staff go through virtually every situation that their team could find itself in during a game. The total was 72 different situations Saturday, with the coaches' scripts covering five typed pages.

"It's a day we hate to see coming, but it's necessary," said quarterback - and regular special teams performer - Michael Desormeaux. "Some of these things we probably won't see more than once or twice a year, but you have to know what's going on."

Desormeaux's on the punt block team, which if successful in its task can create several scenarios. In the situational practice, UL went through its procedures if the ball remains behind the line of scrimmage, reaches the line or goes past. Each has a different procedure.

The rest of the story

Dan McDonald
    dmcdonald@theadvertiser.com

Default Re: Desormeaux ready for football oddities

We are ready for Desormeaux...Go Cajuns...

7. People Meet the Cajuns: Mike Desormeaux

Sophomore quarterback, Michael Desormeaux, said the Ragin’ Cajun football team’s goals for the 2006 football season are simple.

“We want to win the conference and bowl game this year,” he said. Desormeaux, 20, definitely has the ability to help his team accomplish those goals.

Through two games this season, Desormeaux has recorded 62 yards rushing, scored the Cajuns’ lone touchdown and completed one pass for 7 yards. As a freshman, he completed 62 passes for a total 597 of yards and had 487 yards rushing while scoring three touchdowns.

“Mike [Desormeaux] just has this presence on the field,” said Kyle Pirtle, a teammate of Desormeaux. “He always gives 110 percent and he never takes a play off.” Desormeaux said he loves football because he has played it almost his entire life.

“I really like the whole team aspect, and I grew up playing football. My dad always coached me, and I have been playing since I was 6, so I really don’t know what I would do with out it,” he mentioned.

The rest of the story

By: Heather Warren
    The Vermilion

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Desormeaux will start Thursday's game

Quote Originally Posted by RaginEsquire06
    This is the exact issue that I wanted to raise! I think it would be crazy to remove a player who has the ability to put "W's" in the most important column! We all love Babb...But don't lose sight of the overall purpose of the program! Just think of all the different plays that our offense could run with Dez-Mo and J.B. on the field at the same time! J.B. would be great as a roaming flanker! With his understanding of the game...he would create mis-matches all over the second and third levels of the defenses that we face, simply because of cognative apptitude! Think of the QB now WR who is playing for Jacksonville Jags now!
    that QB converted to a WR for the jacksonville jaguars is matt jones. he clocked in a a 4.39 twice at the combine, which, by just observing, makes him slightly quicker than Babb. A 6'6", 243 lb guy who plays any position would def. create mismatches anywhere on the field, excluding the interior line. It would be nice to see the cajuns run the table in the SBC, which they are more than capable of doing, and perhaps knocking out a national powerhouse or two, when they do schedule them. Only problem is, when players like desormeaux aren't being utilized, it is just wasted talent. This causes local recruits-guys like Early Doucet, Harry Coleman, new LSU signees Jacob Cutrera, Jared Mitchell, ULM signees TE "ZeeK" Zacharie, Josh Boudreaux..etc, etc.-to give UL just enough attention, until other teams begin to heavily recruit them. Bottom line is, Desormeaux should be on the field, if not at QB, then somewhere. At his size (6'1, 1/2" , 200 lbs), speed (4.52 40 yd. dash), and his mental capacity, guys like him can be moved around and learn on the fly. Most of us would love to see UL, one day, competing with teams like Southern Miss, TCU, etc. in either the C-USA or the WAC, but you have to put your best out there on the field on saturdays

9. Default Re: Desormeaux will start Thursday's game

Quote Originally Posted by ragincajun0423
    Bottom line is, Desormeaux should be on the field, if not at QB, then somewhere. At his size (6'1, 1/2" , 200 lbs), speed (4.52 40 yd. dash), and his mental capacity, guys like him can be moved around and learn on the fly. Most of us would love to see UL, one day, competing with teams like Southern Miss, TCU, etc. in either the C-USA or the WAC, but you have to put your best out there on the field on saturdays
    I have no idea of the game plan but Desormeaux can run routes.

Default Re: Desormeaux will start Thursday's game

Quote Originally Posted by 2 ul 0105
    It is pronounced Des-er-meaux.
    There is an unwritten rule that Cajun names can not be pronounced the way they're spelled.........................

Default Where is Desormeaux?

The question on my mind and several people I have spoken to is "Where is Desormeaux?" Early in the year he was getting a series every game at QB. He did well with his opportunities.

Does anyone know why he is not playing QB at all. The question has been asked at the FB lunch, but the answers given are questionable at best.

Maybe coach is afraid of QB controversy.

Default Re: Where is Desormeaux?

Quote Originally Posted by DeadRed
    The question on my mind and several people I have spoken to is "Where is Desormeaux?" Early in the year he was getting a series every game at QB. He did well with his opportunities.

Does anyone know why he is not playing QB at all. The question has been asked at the FB lunch, but the answers given are questionable at best.

Brilliant inquiry. Would love to know the true answer.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunproud
    Brilliant inquiry. Would love to know the true answer.
    What I have heard is that with all of the injuries and therefore the necessity to play him at a variety of positions, he is not practicing at qb at all. In fact, I have heard that if we needed to go to another qb, it may not be Desormeaux for that very reason.

Don't have any real sources for this, just talk on the street.

Zeebart21's Avatar Zeebart21 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by DeadRed

now u opened Pandorahs Box....

I think I'll sit back and enjoy this one for a while.

carry on.

Z.

Babb is a good QB with senior experience, there's alot to be said for that. It's not like our 3 losses have been soley on him. What if we could actually get a few stops on 3rd down? What about the 2 fumbles?

Babb is the man for the job this season. Believe me, Bustle is not reading the messege boards are is he going to be seeking advice from callers of Jay Walker's show.

Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 20 ... LastLast

Thread Information