Thread: basketball

UL Basketball basketball

i've seen poor basketball and poor coaching before but this was one of the worst, listen to this: you are ahead by 10 with a little over 5 min. to go, s. alabama has 10 fouls and their inside guys are in foul trouble, i know what i would doi'd go inside and make them foul me and go to the line, nooooooooooo he's letting them shoot 3's, what a sorry piece of coaching.and he will not play mouton, adam, or foster, and don't tell me they are not ready, "HOG WASH," i'm sorry this want cut it.

then i say to myself, self go to legend and talk this out with UL fans and grab a beer, well! guest what, i walk in and there starring me in the face is a lsu flag! oh my, cannot get a break i thought this was a place i could get away from that, but i gueat i was wrong they are taking over i'm done,done,done

This game last night was one of the worst displays of leadership i have ever seen on a basketball court. Brad Boyd is supposed to be a leader but he continues to throw up bad shots. He shot a three pointer last night with a hand in his face, got the ball rejected so bad that it never left his hand and he somehow got the ball back. After missing countless threes in the first half most people would realize that they are off and maybe start looking for a better shot or and open man. Brad just kept shooting. I would like to see him use his great passing skills and hit open players and maybe that would allow him to be open himself for a good shot. That bounce pass in the second half was great. We need more of that. Very sloppy play last night and bad shot selection led to that loss!

The Cajuns had no motivation and no concentration. They played sloppy ball, throwing it away on sorry passes, dribbling off the foot. Trying to get fancy instead of taking the sure points. I agree with oldman it was the right thing to do at the end DRIVE TO THE BASKET AND DRAW THE FOUL. Except you MUST PROTECT the ball at the end.

And what was the deal with Bridges (?) getting his pocket picked with 30 seconds to go with the ball and a one point lead? I was not at the game, so I didn't see it. I was stunned listening on the radio. There is no excuse for that last night. I am also extremely disappointed in Boyd's play this year. He is a senior and is not showing it.

Default Re: basketball

Originally posted by oldman
    i've seen poor basketball and poor coaching before but this was one of the worst, listen to this: you are ahead by 10 with a little over 5 min. to go, s. alabama has 10 fouls and their inside guys are in foul trouble, i know what i would doi'd go inside and make them foul me and go to the line, nooooooooooo he's letting them shoot 3's, what a sorry piece of coaching.and he will not play mouton, adam, or foster, and don't tell me they are not ready, "HOG WASH," i'm sorry this want cut it.

then i say to myself, self go to legend and talk this out with UL fans and grab a beer, well! guest what, i walk in and there starring me in the face is a lsu flag! oh my, cannot get a break i thought this was a place i could get away from that, but i gueat i was wrong they are taking over i'm done,done,done
    hey oldman did you use your cajun ticket stub and get a free drink?

no, sorry, i was too upset i didn't notice. thanks

Originally posted by oldman
    no, sorry, i was too upset i didn't notice. thanks
    then i wish to apologize i am sorry

for not alerting you to the the fact from the get go no matter what goes bad, during ones day that "any cajun game ticket stub" has always gotten anyone, one a free drink

nothing has changed since the cajuns last lost at home or that you happened to see a frind of mine's flag

oldman once in my life ( are these words i have once sung by? (grins)
    --------------------------
    again oldman i am sorry and wish to invite you back before saturdays game show me your ticket stub and i'll get you 4 free drinks

I think we should worry more about his comment then his ticket stub.

He's absolutley right it's ridiculous. I thought the game was over when we were up by 10 and S. Bama was in DOUBLE BONUS. Hello, they foul you anywhere on the court and to shots! it should have been a route! Going inside seals the win, shooting threes gives them a shot. And Landry getting his pocket picked was horrible. This will be tough to rebound from. I woke up feeling bad because of it. We were 12 1/2 poiint favorites!

Secondly, LSU in lafayette! What's this world coming to! Is this University not good enough for it's own town! We are not a communityy college! We are Louisiana! And we have the best program in the State. So get your damn LSU ~~~~ out of Lafayette!

It was a great game that UL lost, get over it.

Thread Information