Thread: Gradnigo moving to the post?

1. Default Gradnigo moving to the post?

Based on what new UL men's basketball coach Bob Marlin saw during individual workouts last month, he thinks there's the potential for forward Chris Gradnigo to have a special senior season.

Gradnigo is expected to see time next season at both forward spots for the Ragin' Cajuns in the same up-tempo offensive attack that Marlin used to find success for the past 12 years at Sam Houston State.

The rest of the story

Joshua Parrott
    jparrott@theadvertiser.com

Default Re: Gradnigo moving to the post?

If Grads gonna do this I hope he bulks up and gets a bit tougher because what I've seen out of him in the past 2 years leads me to believe he's a little lazy and not very inspired.

igeaux.mobi

I agree 100%. He needs to average 6 rebounds per game. Today is signing day, whats the word?

Today is the end of spring signing period. However, I would expect signings due to the late arrival of the coaching staff into the summer.

igeaux.mobi

I think he'll play more inspired; he's playing for his future and I don't think that coach Marlin will stand for any bs. My fingers are crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripple Threat View Post
    _ I think he'll play more inspired; he's playing for his future and I don't think that coach Marlin will stand for any bs. My fingers are crossed. _
    Truth is his basketball future is not in the post, its as a power forward/shooting guard.

7. Default Re: Gradnigo moving to the post?

Quote Originally Posted by SlappyCajun View Post
    _ Today is the end of spring signing period. However, I would expect signings due to the late arrival of the coaching staff into the summer.

igeaux.mobi _
    Recruiting is addressed in my most recent blog: http://www.theadvertiser.com/apps/pb.Id=personaDest

8. Default Re: Gradnigo moving to the post?

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    _ Truth is his basketball future is not in the post, its as a power forward/shooting guard. _
    I am not familiar with Coach M's offense but from reading it it kinda sounded like they wanted to hook a 4 type guarding Grad.---he mentioned as a trailer down court and slashing on quick moves to the basket-----Just a thought, but would like to see it!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    _ Truth is his basketball future is not in the post, its as a power forward/shooting guard. _

In marlin's scheme, the PF will often not spend much time in the post since he likes to play a transition game. However, at some point, we will have to utilize a larger lineup to either help on the rebounding front or utilize a height advantage. The PF traditionally spends a lot of time in the post and that is not where Gradnigo will be the most beneficial. He will be good enough on offense to take advantage of size matchups but will and can't be counted on it for defensive purposes. In the traditional sense, he will not be utilized as a PF but rather a hybrid SF,SG and sparingly at PF.

10. Default Re: Gradnigo moving to the post?

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    I am not familiar with Coach M's offense but from reading it it kinda sounded like they wanted to hook a 4 type guarding Grad.---he mentioned as a trailer down court and slashing on quick moves to the basket-----Just a thought, but would like to see it!!!!!!
    Exactly. It's all about matchups. Gradnigo won't be as tall as most fours. But he presents a mismatch on the perimeter. They stay in the lane, he hits the outside shot. They come out to defend him, he uses his dribble to break them down. Either way, he can expose the defense.

I hope he accepts this new staff's coaching instruction more than he
    did with the previous staff. He would often times come off the
    court rollilng his eyes and walking away from them before they
    were finished talking to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin Roar View Post
    _ I hope he accepts this new staff's coaching instruction more than he
    did with the previous staff. He would often times come off the
    court rollilng his eyes and walking away from them before they
    were finished talking to him. _

Careful Roar, many here don't want to hear that the coaches may have actually tried to coach up the players and they didn't listen. That would go against the grain of blaming everything that went wrong on Lee.

My point was that it was dis-respectful, not so much that
    the Coaches were right.

Thread Information