Thread: RPI - Monday 5/17/10

UL Baseball RPI - Monday 5/17/10

This spot reserved for Brian

Noticed the Boyds RPI came out with quite the bunching of SBC teams.

http://www.boydsworld.com/baseball/rpi/currentrpi.html

30 0.580 North Carolina
    31 0.578 Texas A&M
    32 0.577 Washington State
    33 0.576 Oregon State
    34 0.574 Louisiana
    35 0.574 California
    36 0.572 Florida Atlantic
    37 0.571 Western Kentucky
    38 0.569 New Mexico
    39 0.568 Tennessee
    40 0.568 Southeastern Louisiana
    41 0.567 Kansas State
    42 0.565 The Citadel
    43 0.564 Stanford
    44 0.564 Florida Gulf Coast
    45 0.563 Liberty
    46 0.562 Boston College
    47 0.562 Pittsburgh
    48 0.561 Elon
    49 0.561 Texas State
    50 0.561 Baylor
    51 0.561 Texas Tech
    52 0.560 UC Irvine

NW State is at 76, so sitting just out of the RPI Top 75 per Boyds.
    Brian, hope you are recovering well from your weekend No pressure, but it will be interesting to see Kislanko's RPI

2. UL Baseball Re: RPI - Monday 5/17/10

Quote Originally Posted by wcd35 View Post
    _ This spot reserved for Brian

Noticed the Boyds RPI came out with quite the bunching of SBC teams.

http://www.boydsworld.com/baseball/rpi/currentrpi.html

30 0.580 North Carolina
    31 0.578 Texas A&M
    32 0.577 Washington State
    33 0.576 Oregon State
    34 0.574 Louisiana
    35 0.574 California
    36 0.572 Florida Atlantic
    37 0.571 Western Kentucky
    38 0.569 New Mexico
    39 0.568 Tennessee
    40 0.568 Southeastern Louisiana
    41 0.567 Kansas State
    42 0.565 The Citadel
    43 0.564 Stanford
    44 0.564 Florida Gulf Coast
    45 0.563 Liberty
    46 0.562 Boston College
    47 0.562 Pittsburgh
    48 0.561 Elon
    49 0.561 Texas State
    50 0.561 Baylor
    51 0.561 Texas Tech
    52 0.560 UC Irvine

Brian, hope you are recovering well from your weekend No pressure, but it will be interesting to see Kislanko's RPI _
    Yes, thanks. Kislanko does not have his RPI out yet. Last night I thought it would be close between the Cajuns and Cal.

Brian

3. UL Baseball Re: RPI - Monday 5/17/10

Quote Originally Posted by wcd35 View Post
    Note that this is not what is important for records vs. Base RPI Top XX and RPI bonuses. Northwestern State is #76 in the Adjusted RPI. We will need to see where they came out with respect to the Base RPI. Yesterday, they were #75 in Adjusted RPI, but #76 (where it counts for us) in the Base RPI.

Brian

Default Re: RPI - Monday 5/17/10

Jay or Brian .I realize this is a super long shot but let's say we run the table the rest of the way thru the conference tourney and make ourselves a very strong 2 seedwhat's the possiblilities of us getting a look to be a host site. We would probably end up as one of if not the hottest team in America if that were to happen. Geographically speaking would we be attractive being lsu is probably not a host site if the season ended today? And are we planning to even submit a bid to host. I do understand that the stars would have to be in perfect order for this to happen, but.
    igeaux.mobi

Any projections out?

6. UL Baseball Re: RPI - Monday 5/17/10

Quote Originally Posted by lifetimecajun View Post
    _ Jay or Brian .I realize this is a super long shot but let's say we run the table the rest of the way thru the conference tourney and make ourselves a very strong 2 seed
    I see no chance. First, I do not think running the table (winning the regular season and conference tournament) makes us a strong #2 seed. Just a #2 seed.

Second, the award of host sites has changed a bit over the last five years or so. The NCAA has leaned heavily towards #1 seeds hosting . to the point where every #1 seed has hosted the last three seasons except for one (Michigan hosted as a #2 seed in 2008). And in 2006, the only reason a #1 seed traveled (Oklahoma State) was because there were problems with hotel rooms at the last minute in Stillwater. Hence, Oklahoma State went to Fayetteville where Arkansas was the #2 seed. So, that should have been one #2 seed host in the last four years with that #2 seed being a northern school.

When a #2 seed does host, it is likely to be a northern school (this year, Connecticut has a shot).

Now a super regional is a different story. If you bid and there is an upset in the paired regional, it could certainly happen.

Brian

Thx

igeaux.mobi

Quote Originally Posted by lifetimecajun View Post
    _ Jay or Brian .I realize this is a super long shot but let's say we run the table the rest of the way thru the conference tourney and make ourselves a very strong 2 seedwhat's the possiblilities of us getting a look to be a host site. We would probably end up as one of if not the hottest team in America if that were to happen. Geographically speaking would we be attractive being lsu is probably not a host site if the season ended today? And are we planning to even submit a bid to host. I do understand that the stars would have to be in perfect order for this to happen, but.
    igeaux.mobi _

Cajuns have put in a bid for a Regional and Super Regional.

9. Default Re: RPI - Monday 5/17/10

From my understanding we couldn't be a host site even if we were #1 because of our lighting and press box. The field was an issue as well but it has been corrected please tell me if im wrong.

UL Baseball Re: RPI - Monday 5/17/10

Quote Originally Posted by Ragingayle View Post
    From my understanding we couldn't be a host site even if we were #1 because of our lighting and press box. The field was an issue as well but it has been corrected please tell me if im wrong.
    Lighting & press facilities could be overcome on a temporary basis, but like GG said earlier, out best shot would be if we were to win to a super regional.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragingayle View Post
    _ From my understanding we couldn't be a host site even if we were #1 because of our lighting and press box. The field was an issue as well but it has been corrected please tell me if im wrong. _
    The field is not an issue and you can get some type of waiver as per the lighting. The key here is the Regional bid; you have to bid both up front now insteading of waiting.

12. UL Baseball Re: RPI - Monday 5/17/10

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    _ The field is not an issue and you can get some type of waiver as per the lighting. The key here is the Regional bid; you have to bid both up front now insteading of waiting. _
    . and as far as the press box is concerned, temporary construction can suffice. Many schools have done this, including Texas A&M in 2007.

Brian

CajunZ1's Avatar CajunZ1 is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by GoneGolfin View Post
    _ . and as far as the press box is concerned, temporary construction can suffice. Many schools have done this, including Texas A&M in 2007.

Brian _
    With the softball facility underway (meaning of course it's being held up and delayed due to some budgetary process I don't understand), I believe the time is now to submit all permitting to get The Tigue upgrades in the pipeline.

I know it isn't this simple, but still. Let's remove all of our bottlenecks so we can more effectively deal with the ones imposed upon us.

Thread Information