Thread: Softball pairings

Default Softball pairings

So, is it pretty much set that the Lady Cajuns will be traveling to Tiger Park? Seems like a lock to me.

Default Re: Softball pairings

How did you come to that conclusion?

I added 30 plus 30 and it came out to 60 miles. lol. Seriously, it's not a given, but you have to admit that it points to that conclusion.

Quote Originally Posted by LSUalum1 View Post
    _ I added 30 plus 30 and it came out to 60 miles. lol. Seriously, it's not a given, but you have to admit that it points to that conclusion. _
    Safe bet is LSU, UL, McNeese and Alcorn in Baton Rouge. Just a hunch, all bus ride trips, saves the NCAA a ton of travel money and makes a ton in the process when LSU and UL play twice/three times.

Other options are sending UL to Texas (either UT or A&M), especially if they consider LSU a high national seed and reward them by giving them an "easier" region. Or another option is Georgia (either Atlanta for Tech or Athens for UGA).

I l;ike that LSU regional.fun beating Yvette when it counts the most. Sounds like a plan to me.

When are the pairings? What channel/time?

Quote Originally Posted by jllanclos View Post
    _ I l;ike that LSU regional.fun beating Yvette when it counts the most. Sounds like a plan to me.

When are the pairings? What channel/time? _
    It won't be McNeese. They will be going to Texas/A & M as a 4 seed. We'll get Louisville or Texas Tech as a 3 seed.

9 p.m. tonight. ESPNU 35/239 on LUS Fiber.

Up against the Survivor finale? I didn't want to hear them call us "U*L*Lafayette" anyway. Y'all let me know. I'll be on the mobile. Peace out

I don't think it's a given that LSU-BR is hosting. I hope they do, since it's a short trip and we should have a good shot there.

Quote Originally Posted by ragin50 View Post
    I don't think it's a given that LSU-BR is hosting. I hope they do, since it's a short trip and we should have a good shot there.
    No. 9 RPI, new stadium, SEC school, finished second in conference tournament by one run to a top 4 national seed. Believe me, LSU is hosting.

Now, UL might not end up there, but I'd be shocked if LSU doesn't host. NCAA has favored SEC the last few years, trying their hardest to get an SEC team to win the WCWS.

I think you're right, but I still don't think they are unbeatable there. If our pitching holds up, we should be right there. Speaking of stadiums, I think the SBC tournament is here next year, which should be nice with the new stadium. The last 2 at Troy and USA were embarrassing with those tiny stadiums with almost no seats to speak of.

Quote Originally Posted by ragin50 View Post
    I think you're right, but I still don't think they are unbeatable there. If our pitching holds up, we should be right there. Speaking of stadiums, I think the SBC tournament is here next year, which should be nice with the new stadium. The last 2 at Troy and USA were embarrassing with those tiny stadiums with almost no seats to speak of.
    No doubt about it. Given the choice of LSU/Alabama/Texas, I'd take my chances at LSU.

I think the new stadium (provided they don't cut any corners) will put the Cajuns right back in the mix to host NCAA Regionals on a yearly basis. That and the team they have coming back next year should make Cajun fans rush out to buy season tickets as soon as they go on sale.

12. Default Re: Softball pairings

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch24 View Post
    _ No doubt about it. Given the choice of LSU/Alabama/Texas, I'd take my chances at LSU.

I think the new stadium (provided they don't cut any corners) will put the Cajuns right back in the mix to host NCAA Regionals on a yearly basis. That and the team they have coming back next year should make Cajun fans rush out to buy season tickets as soon as they go on sale. _
    Sorry but I can't help it----What is the starting lineup and order of pitchers for next year??????

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    Sorry but I can't help it----What is the starting lineup and order of pitchers for next year??????
    Well, this is just my opinion, and a LOT can and will change this summer and fall. But for the sake of answering your question:

C — Sarah Draheim
    1B — Gabby Bridges
    2B — Britni Soria/Jennifer Martin
    SS — Nerissa Myers
    3B — Britni Soria/Jennifer Martin
    LF — Erikka Murphy
    CF — Katie Smith (welcome back for the second straight year)
    RF — Christi Orgeron
    DP — Taryn Broussard/Ashley Ray

Pitchers — Donna Bourgeois; Ashley Brignac; Allie Chenault; Christina Hamilton

I would also expect Brianna Cherry and Jensen Tydelski (outfielders) to be more in the mix now that they have a year of college softball under their belt.

But like I said, this is for entertainment purposes only. Don't bet your house on it. LOL

_ Well, this is just my opinion, and a LOT can and will change this summer and fall. But for the sake of answering your question:

C — Sarah Draheim
    1B — Gabby Bridges
    2B — Britni Soria/Jennifer Martin
    SS — Nerissa Myers
    3B — Britni Soria/Jennifer Martin
    LF — Erikka Murphy
    CF — Katie Smith (welcome back for the second straight year)
    RF — Christi Orgeron
    DP — Taryn Broussard/Ashley Ray

Pitchers — Donna Bourgeois; Ashley Brignac; Allie Chenault; Christina Hamilton

I would also expect Brianna Cherry and Jensen Tydelski (outfielders) to be more in the mix now that they have a year of college softball under their belt.

But like I said, this is for entertainment purposes only. Don't bet your house on it. LOL _
    I like it. The hitting should be strong. We'll be down to only 2 slappers. Myers will hit away next year. Hosting the conference tournament also.

No doubt about it. Given the choice of LSU/Alabama/Texas, I'd take my chances at LSU.

I think the new stadium (provided they don't cut any corners) will put the Cajuns right back in the mix to host NCAA Regionals on a yearly basis. That and the team they have coming back next year should make Cajun fans rush out to buy season tickets as soon as they go on sale.
    As long as you meet the host site minimum requirements the rest isn't going to matter much. As a non revenue sport it is more about keeping cost down. That means assigning regionals on a truly regional basis to keep as many teams on a bus as possible.

Thread Information