Thread: Cajun RPI 5/14/2010

1. UL Baseball Cajun RPI 5/14/2010

There were only a few games tonight . none involving Cajun opponents, but several involving Cajun opponents' opponents. There was a very minor change in the Cajuns OOWP. But not enough to change the Cajuns' RPI from .5711 (both Base RPI and Adjusted RPI).

All other things being equal (Cajun opponents and Cajun opponents' opponents exactly maintaining their current winning percentage after tomorrow night's games), a win over Western Kentucky tomorrow night will add .0028 to the Cajun RPI (.5711 to .5739). A loss will subtract .0023 from the Cajun RPI (.5711 to .5688).

Brian

2. Default Re: Cajun RPI 5/14/2010

GG, are you still up? Get some sleep, you need your rest so you can be sharp with this RPI business. Thanks for what you do on this board.

3. Default Re: Cajun RPI 5/14/2010

Brian,

A couple of questions if you have the time:

1) I saw from your other post that you analized "what if" the cajuns go 6-1. How does that change if we're 5-2, 4-3, etc. ?

2) For regional selection . I understand it's a lot more than just RPI that goes into it, e.g., team locality, conference tourney winners, etc. But, is there a rough RPI ranking that we need to have in mind to be *reasonably* confident of getting an at large bid?

Thanks,
    BigCas

4. Default Re: Cajun RPI 5/14/2010

Quote Originally Posted by BigCas View Post
    _ Brian,

1) I saw from your other post that you analized "what if" the cajuns go 6-1. How does that change if we're 5-2, 4-3, etc. ?

2) For regional selection . I understand it's a lot more than just RPI that goes into it, e.g., team locality, conference tourney winners, etc. But, is there a rough RPI ranking that we need to have in mind to be *reasonably* confident of getting an at large bid?

Thanks,
    BigCas _
    The boydsworld "ncaa needs report" is the best that I personally know of.

It basically breaks down top 8, 16, 32 and 45. So that if the Cajuns finish 4-3 they should lock themselves into the top 45 giving them a chance at the NCAA tournament, going 7-0 (mind you this changed recently, it was 6-1, would lock them into a top 32) While this is not exact, it is the best locator of this I could find, personally. maybe Brian has something better.

5. Default

I am on my way to Lafayette. Let me get back to you later today.

Brian

Brian,

Thanks,
    BigCas

igeaux.mobi

6. UL Baseball Re: Cajun RPI 5/14/2010

_ Brian,

The Cajuns' current Base RPI is .5711. RPI projection assumptions are the same as stated in the earlier post) . https://forumeus.com/sh.57&postcount=3

Going 5-2 projects a Base RPI of .5710. In the current ordinal rankings, the Cajuns would remain at #36.

Going 4-3 projects a Base RPI of .5664. In the current ordinal rankings, the Cajuns would project to #43.

Going 3-4 projects a Base RPI of .5618. In the current ordinal rankings, the Cajuns would project to #50.

If the Cajuns finish on the Top 3 of the Sun Belt, Top 45 gives them a decent shot. Top 40 would be much safer.

But they also cannot tank the Sun Belt tournament.

Brian

Thread Information