Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Question about Freshmen?????

UL Football Question about Freshmen?????

Anybody have an update on Devin Williams? I heard great things about him in the spring, but haven't heard anyhting positive as of late. Also how about Jordan Jackson, and Abdul Le'Vier?

Thanks

From what I am hearing Williams will not be with the team. Did not make the grades. I heard that he had a GPA of 0.9 this semester. I guess he was studying with Southall.

WOWHe must have really worked hard for that .9 GPA! What a waste. What about Jackson and Levier? Also, is Ross Rix expected to see more time next year?

4. Default

Originally posted by RaginCajun08
    From what I am hearing Williams will not be with the team. Did not make the grades. I heard that he had a GPA of 0.9 this semester. I guess he was studying with Southall.
    Too bad! I was hoping he would wear Stamps #
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Is it a definate that is out, or is it kind of a "wait and see deal?" Either way, I know Coach isn't going to wait on this guy or anyone else for that matter. I'd like to see us sign Haynes, because he reminds me of Williams (similar atributes).

No I dont think it is definite but I heard it from a pretty reliable source. So I would say that its about 99% definite.

I'm betting he won't be around, and if not, good for Coach Bustle for laying down the law. I like coach's "team first" mentality. I think when you get a team to buy into that (as Saban has with LSU) you are on the road to success. NO ONE is bigger than the team!

Before we hang this guy out to dry, we should consider the possibilty that he may have really tried but because of ability (or even possibly a learning disorder?) did not do so well. Since he was ineligible coming in, this is a distinct possibilty. Not everyone can pass college courses no matter how hard they try. If this kid is gone, we should be wishing him well and thanking him for giviing it a shot at least. He could have went the JC route you know.

No offense but come on.a 0.9 GPA. I can do that with my eyes closed and one hand behind my back. Keep in mind, college players need only pass 6 hours to be eligible. Personally, I think this is pathetic. Hope he like bagging groceries, because Albertson's is hiring!!!!

UL Football

Anyone want to take a stab at our projected starting line-up for next year? Specifically, who replaces Stamps? Jordan Jackson a possibility?

Sampy will prlly replace stamps, and jackson will be on the other side, with kemmie lewis as a #3. Babb at QB, Levier/Johnson will fight it out for the starting RB spot. I dont deal with lineman cuzz im moronic when it comes to who we have and who will go where, though i will say, hodges and newman will prlly start. on the defensive side, I heard venable wants to play linebacker again, so he prlly will, Lamar mogan definitly should and prlly will start at corner, outside of who i said, i have no clue who goes where.

Tuffguy

From what I heard Jordan Jackson had an outstanding semester in the classroom, and coach Bustle really thinks that he is something special. And may people think that if Abdule Levier is recovered from his knee injury that the RB job is his to lose.

My 2004 starting lineup
    QB:Jerry Babb
    RB:Abdule Levier
    WR:Bill Sampy
    WR:Jordan Jackson
    TE:Lawrence Johnson
    OL:LT someone other than Demetrious Brooks
    LG:Will Chance
    C:Ronnie Harvey
    RG:Jesse Newman
    RT:Brandon Cox

DE:Eugene Kwarteng
    DT:Ken Haynes
    DT:Chris Culter
    DE:Travis Bass
    LB:Tre' Green
    LB:Stanely Smith
    LB:G.W.Ruddick
    CB:Antwan Spann
    FS:Lamar Morgan
    SS:C.C. Brown
    CB:Jerell Carter

If Jerry Babb is our starting QB next year, he will have beaten out some more good talent. I hear that we have some talent at the QB spot that could give Jerry a good chalenge or possibly take the QB spot from him.

I thought Abdule Levier had a bum knee or something.

What about Ross Rix? Does he fit into the mix at RB?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information