Thread: Baseball Ranking Predictions

1. Default Baseball Ranking Predictions

Any predictions on whether or not the Cajuns will recieve votes or achieve the top 25 rankings this week?

Default Re: Baseball Ranking Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    _ Any predictions on whether or not the Cajuns will recieve votes or achieve the top 25 rankings this week? _
    I would be suprised it that happened and this point based on overall record. A sweep of WKU could change that!

3. Default Re: Baseball Ranking Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by HOUCajun View Post
    _ I would be suprised it that happened and this point based on overall record. A sweep of WKU could change that! _

First poll of the week has come out, the Baseball America poll, traditionally John Manuel has not been kind to the Cajuns, and again he was not. LSU did slip out of his top 25 this week.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/today.10/269941.html

4. Default Re: Baseball Ranking Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by RaginDave View Post
    _ First poll of the week has come out, the Baseball America poll, traditionally John Manuel has not been kind to the Cajuns, and again he was not. LSU did slip out of his top 25 this week.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/today.10/269941.html _

Second of the week out, USA Today/ESPN top 25, still no sign of the Cajuns not even in the others receiving votes.

Good thing these rankings have no bearing on where we will be seeded in a tournament. Rankings are good for message board discussions, but that's about it. I'd personally rather see all "Top 25" polls disappear.

UL Baseball Re: Baseball Ranking Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by andrepourciau View Post

31-16, 12 conference wins in a row in the #5 conference in the country, and 18 wins in our last 21 games and we still can't break the Top 30 with teams having fewer wins and more losses like USM and UC Irvine or similar records in lower conferences like Texas State. I don't get it. It doesn't appear that we are even on the radar for consideration.

8. Default Re: Baseball Ranking Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    _ 31-16, 12 conference wins in a row in the #5 conference in the country, and 18 wins in our last 21 games and we still can't break the Top 30 with teams having fewer wins and more losses like USM and UC Irvine or similar records in lower conferences like Texas State. I don't get it. It doesn't appear that we are even on the radar for consideration. _

Again, luckily none of this means squat when it is all said and done. But it would be nice to recieve some consideration. I really thought that we would be one of the others recieving votes this week.

Now back to the business at hand, go crush Southern tomorrow night, then take at least 2/3 from WKU over the weekend, beat Mcneese and sweep ULM.

That would finish us 38-17 and more importantly 21-9 in conference. 15-7 road record and 17-9 non conferecne record.

UL Baseball Re: Baseball Ranking Predictions

4th poll is out now.
    http://www.sportswriters.net/ncbwa/n.oll100510.html

Somehow LSU only moved down to 20th, but WE DID GET VOTES!!!

10. UL Baseball Re: Baseball Ranking Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    _ 31-16, 12 conference wins in a row in the #5 conference in the country, and 18 wins in our last 21 games and we still can't break the Top 30 with teams having fewer wins and more losses like USM and UC Irvine or similar records in lower conferences like Texas State. I don't get it. It doesn't appear that we are even on the radar for consideration. _
    I would not rank the Cajuns ahead of USM. USM is on a hot streak themselves (and are in 2nd place in CUSA) . and against a better schedule than we have played during our run. The Golden Eagles have won 12 consecutive games against .

Houston (3)
    South Alabama (1)
    at Tulane (3)
    Mississippi State (1) (neutral site)
    East Carolina (3)

USM also took 2/3 from the Cajuns in Lafayette.

UC Irvine has a good team and are in 2nd place in a good Big West. I think a series between the Anteaters and Cajuns would be close and entertaining (similar clubs). Of course, as far as the rankings go, I think they are getting some tail winds from past performances. UCI finished in the Top 4 of the 2007 CWS. They won the 2008 Lincoln regional, before falling in three games to LSU in Baton Rouge (super regionals). In 2009, they hosted a regional as a #6 National Seed, but lost to eventual CWS participant Virginia in the finals. They still have some good pitching back from several of those teams.

I think UL - Texas State would be a good series. The Bobcats are solid and are a borderline #2/#3 seed right now.

Brian

Ragin' Cajuns Re: Baseball Ranking Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by GoneGolfin View Post
    I think a series between the Anteaters and Cajuns would be close and entertaining (similar clubs).
    It would 100% for sure be the best nicknamed series ever in the history of sports!

Anteaters vs. Ragin' Cajuns!

Quote Originally Posted by andrepourciau View Post
    _ It would 100% for sure be the best nicknamed series ever in the history of sports!

Anteaters vs. Ragin' Cajuns! _
    If using the dominant animal theory I see the Cajuns having a decided advantage. How terrifying is an anteater? I see how good it is to have them, they eat ants. Ants can be a pain. But a Ragin Cajun? Fried Anteater. Anteater Gumbo. Anteater Etoufee. I think we have this one in the bag.

Thread Information