Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Brad Boyd

1. Default

Brad is due for his monster game this year.

UL Basketball Brad Boyd after UL . . .

I just read on another board that the Hornets had Brad Boyd and 3 other players in today fot a workout leading up to the NBA draft. I never would have thought that he was good enough to even get looked at by an NBA team. But hey, I wish him the best. Can anyone confirm that this is true?

3. Default

Don't know, but If Brad has his shooting touch from his Jr. year he might be able to turn some heads.

4. Default

OMG!!! As a huge fan of this guy I hope that it's true and I hope that he makes a good impression on the hornets team and coaches. I always felt he had the potential to get his foot in that door. All the best to you Brad!!!

5. Default

It is true. Although this particular site (http://www.hornets247.com/) doesn't speak too favorably of him.

UL Basketball

Originally posted by raginbballfan
    It is true. Although this particular site (http://www.hornets247.com/) doesn't speak too favorably of him.
    definately a walk on. there are only two rounds in the nba and brad boyd resume does not justify making him one of what 64 top players.

That website's assesment of Boyd seems accurate and fair. I don't think he'll be drafted, but maybe the NBA-DL is an option. You never know. Was it last year that former LSU guy Ronald Dupree was signed by the Bulls, came in and turned some heads? Good luck, Brad, we're all rooting for ya'!!!!!

8. Default

I've said it before. The DL is a totally respectable route to the NBA. Not every player is ready right out of college. If he needs to develop his skill a little more I hope that someone with a good eye sees his potential and at least gives him that chance. It would be so cool to see a Ragin' Cajun work his way up to the league.

9. Default

Just an idea of what Brad thought about his workout.

http://www.nba.com/hornets/news/quotes_040601.html

10. Default

Originally posted by raginbballfan
    Just an idea of what Brad thought about his workout.

http://www.nba.com/hornets/news/quotes_040601.html

BRAD BOYD – 6-6, 195 lbs.
    University of Louisiana – Lafayette

(on how the workouts went)
    It went pretty good. From this experience, I know I need to get a little bit better with conditioning. It was a tough workout. It’s the NBA, so it’s the real deal. It’s a great experience and I’m just happy to be here.

(on getting the workout with the Hornets)
    I’ve got a pretty good agent. He made some contacts. Got a few of my college films out, a couple of games I did pretty well in. I’m a shooter and everybody needs a shooter on their team so they brought me in and I worked out.

(on if shooting is his biggest strength)
    Yeah, that’s definitely it. I’m not the fastest guy and I’m not going to jump the highest but I know the game of basketball and I can shoot so that pretty much equals out my strengths and weaknesses so that helps me out a lot.

(on being local)
    Me and my ex-center from ULL we come to a lot of games out here and it’s just a great atmosphere. I like how they play music during the game. I wish they did that for college. It’s just relaxes you more out there. I’m amazed just looking at Baron Davis (who was shooting at the other end of the court) over there so I look up to those guys and it’s a great experience.

11. I have a Question If Brad Boyd had redshirted . . .

I watched West Virginia almost beat Louisville with the three pointer and it dawned on me, with Green, Mitchell, Cameron, Hamilton, and Wade having a 6th player like Brad Boyd and the Cajuns might be in the final-four.

I'm being a tad facetious but it seems to me that if Brad Boyd had redshirted . . ., with his ability to hit the three pointer. . ., it would have been the difference maker.

Default Re: If Brad Boyd had redshirted . . .

Antoine Landry could have been redshirted to.he would have helped out point guard problem and have added much needed depth.

Ragin' Cajuns Re: If Brad Boyd had redshirted . . .

hopefully Francis can step up as our point guard. But is he too goo to be redshirted?

I don't think his talent is what would get him redshirted his freshmen year.it would be his size. He does have ability but his weight will be an issue when he is banging with guys much bigger.

15. UL Basketball Brad Boyd a Coach

One of Acadiana Prep's favorite sons has returned to the Opelousas campus.

Brad Boyd, who starred at Acadiana Prep early in his basketball career, has joined the coaching staff as an assistant coach for boys basketball.

"I jumped at the opportunity," Boyd said of the opening to help the Eagles basketball team. "I know what coach (David) Barham is trying to do here, and I just want to help youth too.

"I just want to give back because people helped me learn every thing I know about the game," Boyd said. "I feel it is my duty to give back to these young kids."

The son of Beth and Tim Boyd, Brad Boyd was a student at Prep from kindergarten through eighth grade before he transferred to St. Thomas More.

"My mom taught me how to play the game at a young age," Boyd said. "I am not sure if I had grabbed it like I did if I hadn't been taught at four or five years old."

Boyd said his practice at home and his playing days at Prep helped set the stage for the rest of his career.

"I scored over 1,500 points when I was at Prep and more than 3,000 points total in my varsity career," Boyd said. "Playing for Danny Broussard at STM helped me improve my game."

Boyd then went on to star at the University of Louisiana, where he was a member of the Ragin' Cajun 1,000 point club (1,130).

He set the career 3-point record (271) and the Cajundome assist record (17) for a single game, one away from the school record set in 1975.

The rest of the story

By Tom Dodge
    tdodge@dailyworld.com

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information