Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Brad Boyd

1. Default

I know.I'm so excited!!! I'm sooo there! I was a little worried that he would hit 1,000 away from home. Do you think maybe he was worried about the same thing? I mean to stop at 8 points when he only needed 9. At any rate.I'm glad we'll be able to see it at home in the CagunDome!!! Big ups to him. And aside from that.I'm just really excited for this team. I'm really proud of them all.

2. Default

Brad's pretty cool, but if anyone's easy on the eyes, it's the freshman Ross Mouton! I go to games strictly to see if they'll put him in.

3. UL Basketball

Yeah.Ross.good call.a little hottie in the making, but there's just something about Brad. Let's just say he brings a little added excitement to the game .

Let me get the hose out

Leave those guys hoses alone!

Gosh, some of these folks need a cold shower!

7. Default

Well you can take Brad and I'll take Ross.LOL

Why no one wants me, the rebelman??

GEAUX CAJUNS!!!

9. UL Basketball Brad Boyd: Record Chaser

University of Louisiana senior Brad Boyd has 999 career points in his Ragin’ Cajun career. His first bucket Thursday night against North Texas will enable the St. Thomas More product to become the 35th player in school history with 1,000 points.

The rest of the story

10. Default Brad passes by 1000

Sparkling assist overshadows 1,000-point mark

LOUISIANA La. — It should have been a night that everyone remembered Brad Boyd’s signature shot.

It was a typical high-arching three-pointer, one he launched from the left wing with 16:58 remaining in Thursday’s battle with North Texas. When it ripped through, Louisiana had its 35th player in the school’s storied basketball history with 1,000 career points.

But on this night, none of the 5,116 fans at the Cajundome left talking about Boyd’s historic shot.

They all left talking about one of Boyd’s passes, one that typified a Cajun 94-81 win that wasn’t nearly that close.

“People that don’t watch us play much are always talking about me being a good shooter,” Boyd said, “but I’d rather be known for good passes. I work hard at being a good passer.”

The work paid off in one fleeting, highlight-reel assist that literally had Cajun fans dancing in the ‘Dome aisles.

The home team was already on a 10-0 run nearing the midpoint of the second half when UL senior Laurie Bridges got a hand on a pass on the Cajuns’ defensive end. He wasn’t able to get full control, but he was able to bat the ball toward midcourt and a trio of streaking Cajun teammates.

Orien Greene could have grabbed the loose ball, but at the last second he saw Boyd coming the other direction and the trajectories of Boyd and the ball intersecting. He continued his streak toward the Cajun basket, as did Dwayne Mitchell.

Boyd continued toward the ball, and when he got there fired a perfect reverse, two-hands, between-the-legs, bow-at-the-waist pass to a streaking Mitchell for one of his five second-half thunder dunks.

Lee Venable, Justin Venable, Chris Gannon, T-Boy Hamilton, Bill Delahoussaye and every other former Cajun football deep-snapper would have been proud.

The rest of the story

Dan McDonald
    dmcdonald@lafayette.gannett.com

That is Awesome!!

12. Default To: "RaginCajunChick"

Sweet deal. I'll take it.

13. UL Basketball Congratulations Brad Boyd tops in 3 pointers

Congratulations! Your personal pressure points of the 2003-04 season are now behind you. Ironically both came against North Texas.

In the first meeting you passed into the 1000 point club as the 35th member. (story) And even though the season isn't over you are up to 31st on the all-time list with 1064 points.

And now you hold the all-time 3 pointers made record at Louisiana. 254 three-pointers, 762 points, 71.6% of your 1064 points, WOW! Kudos, it’s a testament to your longevity, accuracy, proclivity and style. Speaking of style it would be remiss not to mention your great passes. Thanks.

Of course none of this would have been possible if you hadn't gotten the job done in the classroom. This in itself is no small task as basketball players are sometimes asked to be away fom the classromm for weeks at a time.

Well the season isn't over yet and the personal marks are yours, so we await the team marks yet to be set this year. The post season will be the icing on the cake of Brad Boyd's record breaking year.

Attached Images Attached Images  

14. Default

CONGRATULATIONS BRAD!!! YOU ROCK!!! WE'LL MISS ALL THE EXCITEMENT YOU BRING TO THIS TEAM. ALL THE BEST.

UL Basketball Brad Boyd 1 of 4 players to watch

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information