Thread: Louisiana receives 3rd commitment: Jesse Newman (Offensive Lineman)

1. UL Football 3rd Commitment: Jesse Newman (Offensive Lineman)

Newman pledges to Cajuns

LOUISIANA La. — Jesse Newman is unquestionably the long-distance champion of Louisiana’s upcoming recruiting class.

And he’s probably the farthest-flung recruit in modern-day history for the Ragin’ Cajun program.

The 6-foot-4, 312-pound offensive lineman from Powell River, British Columbia, became the fourth verbal commitment to head coach Rickey Bustle and the Cajun program on Wednesday.

“I can’t wait to get down there and get started,” Newman said on Thursday. “I’ve wanted for a long time to come down there and play some real football.”

Newman’s circumstances are definitely different from anyone else in the Cajuns’ potential recruiting class. For starters, he’s already 21 years old, but will still have five years to play four since he has never enrolled in college.

For the past three years, he’s been playing in the Canadian Junior Football League following graduation from South Delta Secondary School in Powell River. He moved to Tswassen, British Columbia, following high school graduation to play in that league.

“In Canada, there are a lot of ways to play football after high school and still have your eligibility,” Newman said. “The junior league doesn’t have anything to do with any of the schools. It’s strictly amateur football, and it’s great for what most guys need.”

Newman only played one year, his senior season, of high school football at South Delta, and even with that limited experience with the Sun Devils was selected to play in the Senior Bowl, similar to Louisiana’s All-Star Games. In that game, he was picked as the most valuable offensive lineman that year.

The rest of the story

Dan McDonald
    dmcdonald@lafayette.gannett.com

Welcome to Cajun Country Jesse.

This guy sounds like the real deal, I love his attitude and I can't wait to see him play. Turbine you got any pics of Jesse?

I dont know if he has any pictures of him, but over at www.cajunfield.com, in the cajun report message board, the big guy has been posten messages since his visit, you can ask him some questions there. hes given us some nice comments.

Tuffguy

5. Default

I tried to show a pic. but can't seem to figure it out. I'm not that computer savvy. I also can't delete my own messege. It says I'm not subscribed to this forum and some other stuff like that.

6. Default

These pictures are from Jesse Newmans time dominatiing the line with the Victoria Rebels. These are like Iron man leagues, they played 20 games in 02.

7. Default

I don't know where you got that, but we played 12 games last year. 10 regular season and 2 post.

8. Default

Oh ya, one pre-season as well.

9. Default

Originally posted by big67
    I don't know where you got that, but we played 12 games last year. 10 regular season and 2 post.
    Wow I guess I wasn't fully awake yet. I don't know what I was thinking, I saw 10 games and added the 7 wins and 3 losses, and somehow came up with 10+7+3=20

Victoria Rebels site

Turbine, our boy, Big Canadian also has a carry! Check out the stats on the Rebs webpage.

He is cute, or should I say good looking

signed, Married in Dallas

I plan on going to the next scrimmage, does anyone know Jesse's number?

our next scrimmage is this saturday and he is number 61 but watch for me #75. I'll be right next to him. We will be starting next season

I meant to say watch number 71. I'll be 75 during the season

Thread Information