0 0%
  • Marshall Delesdernier

3 7.32%
  • D'Anthony Batiste

0 0%

Thread: 2003 Offensive MVP

1. UL Football 2003 Offensive MVP

Who was the offensive MVP for 2003

You clearly have 2 front runners, Stamps and Babb. Babb really started off slow, but once he got a different perspective of the game on the sidelines, he played like a different person. Stamps was his usual self. The man could make a simple 5 yard slant into an 80 yard play in a blink of an eye. I voted for Babb. If we wouldn't have finished the season winning 4 of the last 5, I would have voted for Stamps. But Babb's role in leading this team to an amazing turnaround is what got me to vote for him.

Babb started slow and if Rekeita had not been injured I don't think Babb would have started a game for the rest of the season. Babb had a great finish to the year, but I think the momentum was started with Rekeita getting his starts. Stamps has been consistent for the whole season. In my opinion Stamps is without a doubt the off. MVP.

Stamps. No Question.

I liked Stamps and Babb this season a lot, but we started performing really well when our running game got going. I give Chester Johnson and the O-Line credit for that. Johnson's my pick, but it's just as easily Stamps and Babb.

I would have voted for the whole O-Line but since it is not a choice I'm going with Marshall Delesdernier.

The offense was one of the worst in the nation until Rekieta sparked it. He is the MVP because he showed Jerry how to lead an offense. Stamps is awesome, but Eric was the MVP on offense this season.

I'd like to throw in a word for Eric Bartel. I didn't think he would make it when he first got here. He looked way too small to play college ball. He toughed it out, took his licks, and played a full 4 years. He proved to me that us five foot seven, 150 pound, avarage guys have a chance to succeed. (well, I've gained a few pounds, but it still sounds good)

9. Default

That is a great point RedBug I once had the chance to ask Eric which receiver he liked or wanted to imulate. He said Wayne Chrebet, smaller than most but ready to toughed it out, take his licks, and lay it on the line.

I will miss Eric as well. Thanks Eric.

Thread Information