Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Coach (1986-98) Nelson Stokley

1. Default Nelson Stokley 1944-2010 - KLFY.com

The Ragin' Cajuns are saddened to learn of the loss of former head football coach and athletic director Nelson Stokley, who passed on Saturday. Stokley led the Cajuns for 13 seasons from 1986-98 and ranks second on the school's all-time coaching .

Homes SO Clean

2. Default Stokley funeral today in Lafayette

LAFAYETTE — Funeral services for former LSU quarterback and Louisiana-Lafayette coach Nelson Stokley will begin at 10 a.m. today in the Cathedral of St. John. Stokley died Saturday at 66 after a lengthy illness. Stokley played quarterback for LSU .

Homes SO Clean

Default Re: Nelson Stokely

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    _ Well I do think it is time to think marketing and quit naming buildings after donors and fans and go back/start naming venues after well known players and coaches.

jmo

igeaux.mobi _

That makes too much sense. Today, however, it's the greedy attitude about what can you do for me with your pocketbook (the almighty dollar).

On an unrelated note, it's ironic that Nelson will be buried next to Bayou Bend. I played many a round with him there. Good guys wear white hats and he wore many. May he rest in peace.

4. Default Nelson Stokley remembered for his class

LAFAYETTE — Nelson Stokley was remembered Tuesday during a ceremony as an affable and successful coach who was well-liked and respected by his former University of Louisiana players and assistants.

Homes SO Clean

5. Default Coach's life celebrated

Nelson Stokley was led into St. John's Cathedral by a phalanx of his former players and assistant coaches on Tuesday as family and friends remembered a life lived in and near the athletic arena. Stokley, the head .

The rest of the story

Daily Advertiser

Homes SO Clean

This says it all about Nelson ---- this came from a former player
    ==========================================================
    Damon Mason
    City: Conyers
    State/Province: Georgia
    Home Phone: 504 717 9554
    Email Address: damonmason9@gmail.com

Coach, I thank God for you Coach Stokley! God used you to give me the opportunity that know other person was willing to give me and that was to pursue my dream of playing college football! You took a chance on a person like me and help me to become the man and the player that I am to this very day! I will never forget you, Coach, and how important you were in my life! You took care of me in more ways than one for 5 years of my collegiate life and once again I want to say, Thank You, from the bottom of my heart! Rest In Peace Coach Stokley, with much Love and Respect.

Damon M. Mason #9

Oiler's Avatar Oiler is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Fan for Sure

Quote Originally Posted by GetTheFacts1st View Post
    _ This says it all about Nelson ---- this came from a former player
    ==========================================================
    Damon Mason
    City: Conyers
    State/Province: Georgia
    Home Phone: 504 717 9554
    Email Address: damonmason9@gmail.com

Coach, I thank God for you Coach Stokley! God used you to give me the opportunity that know other person was willing to give me and that was to pursue my dream of playing college football! You took a chance on a person like me and help me to become the man and the player that I am to this very day! I will never forget you, Coach, and how important you were in my life! You took care of me in more ways than one for 5 years of my collegiate life and once again I want to say, Thank You, from the bottom of my heart! Rest In Peace Coach Stokley, with much Love and Respect.

Damon M. Mason #9 _
    What a wonderfully touching gesture by Damon Mason. Thank you, Damon, for honoring Coach Stokely.

Default Brandon & Nelson Stokley

Brandon & Nelson Stokley
    UL Will Debut Restored UGA Field
    UNT Stadium Construction Photo Album
    Bowl President Sanguine about Big 12

.and more.

http://ultoday.com/node/1228

9. Default Stokley carries emotional pain and good memories

ENGLEWOOD — Brandon Stokley got to spend some time back home before his father’s death earlier this month, even though Alzheimer’s disease already had robbed Nelson Stokley.

The two men didn’t throw the football around, like they would when Brandon Stokley was young, or go golfing, which was typical when Brandon was an adult making his living in the NFL. But Brandon, a receiver for the Denver Broncos, got to say goodbye before Nelson lost a three-year battle with Alzheimer’s, a progressive brain disease and common form of dementia, on June 5.

“He wasn’t coherent at that time, but it was just good to be in the room with him,” Stokley said.

The rest of the story

By Frank Schwab
    The (Colorado Springs) Gazette
    Homes SO Clean

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information