Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: By my estimation ...

Default Re: By my estimation ...

Quote Originally Posted by BGlass29 View Post
    _ Amazing that at this point the SEC has 9 teams in the top 25 in RPI. _
    If other leagues got to play 90% of their non-conference games at home they probably would have pretty good RPI records too. It always amazes me how fans of the "name" schools don't realize the tremendous advantage they have over mid majors due to items of this nature.

Just1More's Avatar Just1More is offline Ragin Cajuns of Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns Greatest Fan Ever

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    _ If other leagues got to play 90% of their non-conference games at home they probably would have pretty good RPI records too. It always amazes me how fans of the "name" schools don't realize the tremendous advantage they have over mid majors due to items of this nature. _
    They don't have to "realize it"... or I should say "acknowledge it"... they just keep living the benefits of it. We have to use our superior intellect we've self-actualized 500 times on here and get on with making a powerful athletics program support our academic authority. It is never too late to turn from envious to envied.

Quote Originally Posted by BGlass29 View Post
    _ Amazing that at this point the SEC has 9 teams in the top 25 in RPI. _

...and here's hoping everyone of them loses as much as possible the rest of the season.

4. UL Baseball Re: By my estimation ...

Quote Originally Posted by CajunCherokee View Post
    _ Any updated RPI figures? _
    The Cajuns' Adjusted RPI is .5674 for a rank of 47. Base RPI is .5662 for a rank of 45.

Tulane has an Adjusted RPI of .5457 for a rank of 68. Base RPI is also .5457 (Tulane has no bonuses) for a rank of 67.

If the Cajuns can win tonight, they will earn an RPI bonus of .0012.

Brian

5. UL Baseball Re: By my estimation ...

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    _ If other leagues got to play 90% of their non-conference games at home they probably would have pretty good RPI records too. It always amazes me how fans of the "name" schools don't realize the tremendous advantage they have over mid majors due to items of this nature. _
    This is why I believe that the RPI should have adjustments for road games. The NCAA Basketball RPI does. Home field really does matter in college baseball.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by GoneGolfin View Post
    _ This is why I believe that the RPI should have adjustments for road games. The NCAA Basketball RPI does. Home field really does matter in college baseball.

Brian _
    I've said for years that it is ridiculous to not weight road games more heavily than home games. That gives some programs who simply want to sit at home for all non-conference games ZERO incentive to travel and play on the road. If all of a sudden a home win has less value than a road win, maybe that changes their way of thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunRed View Post
    _ I've said for years that it is ridiculous to not weight road games more heavily than home games. That gives some programs who simply want to sit at home for all non-conference games ZERO incentive to travel and play on the road. If all of a sudden a home win has less value than a road win, maybe that changes their way of thinking. _

Exactly, and this should especially be true for football and basketball.

8. Default Re: By my estimation ...

Quote Originally Posted by J-Town Cajun View Post
    Every conference goes .500 within its own conference, somebody must win and somebody must lose unless there is a tie. To build your conference's RPI the conference must win non-conference games.

I still say that the 3rd part of the RPI formula (25% x opponents opponents winning %) will be stronger if UL was to lose to a conference opponent rather than a non-conference opponent.

The reason again and I will use the same example of Miami-Ohio and FAU. Our opponents opponents winning % is affected much more in a positive way with a lose to FAU rather than a lose Miami-Ohio because we play many more teams that have FAU on their schedule because they are in our conference.
    Attaching this thread to the recent explanation.

Brian

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information