LOUISIANA La. — Louisiana women’s basketball coach J. Kelley Hall announced Wednesday the signing of four players to National Letters of Intent.

Leading the list is Sonora Edwards, a 6-foot-2 post player from Snook, Texas.

Throughout her junior season at Somerville High School, Edwards averaged 18 points, 12 rebounds and three blocks per game en route to being named First Team All-Brazos Valley.

The most decorated signee is 5-foot-6 point guard Domonique Thomas.

Thomas attended South Broward High School in Hollywood, Fla., winners of four consecutive state championships. She averaged 10 points, seven rebounds, 11 assists and three steals during her junior campaign.

The Cajuns nabbed their second Texan with Alicia McDaniel.

McDaniel prepped at James Madison High School in Houston. The 5-foot-8 shooting guard averaged 15 points, six rebounds and three steals per game as a junior.

She was ranked among the top 50 guards in the nation according to All-Star Girls Report.

Louisiana product Whitnee Chatman comes to the Cajuns from East St. John High School in LaPlace.

She scored 17 points and grabbed 12 rebounds, while adding two steals and three blocks per game last season.

Chatman recorded 25 points, 20 rebounds and six blocks against Ouchita High School in the 2003 LHSAA State semifinals.

“I’m very excited about this class,” Hall said. “They are one of the most athletic classes that I’ve ever signed.

“I’m happy that we were able to sign one at each position. They are not only good basketball players, but good people and solid students that have qualified academically. Our staff can’t wait to get them here.

“This group will allow us to press and run and really play the style and tempo I want in our third year. I feel that we’ve turned the corner on recruiting.”

The signing class is the second for Hall. Last season, UL’s class ranked No. 48 in the nation by All-Star Girls Report.

Louisiana's Women’s Basketball Signees

• Whitnee Chatman, 6-0, Forward, LaPlace, East St.
  • JohnSonora Edwards, 6-2, Power Forward, nook, TX.,
  • Alicia McDaniel. 5-8, Guard, Houston, James
  • Madison HS Domonique Thomas, 5-6, Guard, Hollywood, FL

Link to the story