Thread: If you missed the halftime show {i-camera}

UL Football If you missed the halftime show

If you missed the half time show, you missed a spectacle. With the exception of some years spent overseas during my military career, I have seen some pretty good half time shows. Last nights half time show was SPECTACULAR. They had the fans in the stands rocking with the final number, and the fans showed their appreciation with a rousing ovation. Phew!! Whatta night. The Cauns win big time, and the band out does itself with a performance I will never forget.

Thanks for the kind words, Charlie.

We had as much fun performing as ya'll did watching it. A lot of work in the hot sun went into that thing, and it was great to see it pay off. We've done it a bunch of times in practice and at Showcase last weekend, and it was good, but it was never THAT good!

Here's to UL beating Middle Tenn. giving us our first 4-win season in many years. Also, giving us something to build on and take into recruiting/spring practices and into next season.

On a side note, thanks to all those that supported the referendum that recently passed on campus. It increases tuition $20 per full-time student, but it's going to a good cause. $15 to athletics, $3 to the band, and $2 to the other spirit groups (who do a GREAT job, might I say.good luck to the cheerleaders and Ragin' Jazz in national competitions coming up soon). It helps us out a lot and will only make the band, as well as the atmosphere of the games, all that much better.

Ragin' Cajuns

Brock, if it gets any better than last night I sure as hell want to see and hear it. I get the frissons (that's Cajun for the chills) thinking about that performance. If they ever perform it again it should be advertised, so that the public can see the SPECTACLE.

Does anyone have a clip of that drum performance at the end? That was the wildest spectacle I've ever seen from a drum line, vastly out doing even that "Drum Line" movie that came out a while back. If someone has some film, please put it on. If you missed the half time show last night, you missed something really special. Maybe the band can do the drum part again at halftime of a basketball game. (Ga Tech on ESPN??)

5. Default

Snap shot from halftime, brockmeaux y'all sound great.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Louisiana

I am in the UL band and I am a tuba player. To me the performance of the UL band was great and we are creating a new standard. I really think that UL are bringing sports, band, cheerleading to a new standard as a university. To me we are bringing a higher standard in everything we do as a university, major colleges in the U.S.have a certain standard and to me the students are bringing a new standard to UL.

Some bands might give you the chills, but only the pride of Acadiana can give you frissons.

Normally when the band starts playing, its my cue to head to the bathroom, but im glad i held it in Saturday. I was on my feet after that performance. DO IT AGAIN NEXT YEAR!

I have been going to USL/UL football games since the early 60's. Saturday's half time performance was the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Square Head

The Band, athletes, and students are one unit! Good to hear you all are "taking it to the next level"!

Ragin' Cajuns

Who is the band director? I believe he is rather new, 2-3 years, and that he came to us from S Miss. It matters not where he is from. He certainly has energized that area of entertainment, and a little more support from the University has certainly helped.
    You are right Rebel on the frissons bit. Only the Pride of Acadiana can do that.

11. Default wow

Wow.that field sure does look alot better w/out 20 inches of rain on it.lol

Congrats on the win guys.keep up the good work!

My mom pointed out the band's snazzy new uniforms to me. They do look pretty sharp, and I must concur with my fellow Cajun fans that Saturday night's peformance was out of sight. I've never seen a crowd stand for half of the halftime show!

Ragin' Cajuns

Kate, when was the last time you saw a band receive a standing, rousing ovation. Yeah, Mom has a sharp eye. She doesn't miss much.

Ragin' Cajuns

Hey Rebel, I saw you hopping around, one foot to the other. I thought the man is caught up in the sound and excitement. Now I find out you had to gooooo.

DOES ANYONE HAVE FOOTAGE AS I WAS WALKING THE KIDS AND MISSED THIS HALFTIME SHOW, MY WIFE AND BROTHER WERE RAVING ABOUT IT THE WHOLE 3RD QUARTER!!!!!

DADDYCAJUN!!!!1

Thread Information