Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: UL vs UALR Game 2

Default Game 2 UL vs. UALR

Score tied 1-1 after 4 innings. Olisen lead off the game with a first pitch HR. UL has had other baserunners in scoring position a few different times but the bats has not deliverd. Lil Robe has looked good so far only giving up a couple of hits. UALR got its run after a hit then a sacrifice but which got the runner all the way to 3rd when no one covered the bag. The runner then scored on a balk.

UL should get to this pitcher soon.

Default Re: Game 2 UL vs. UALR

Top of the 5th with runners at 1st and 3rd and 2 outs Keefer up at bat when the runner at first steals second and the catcher makes a wild throw to score the runner from 3rd. Keefer then walks. Now runners at 2nd and 1st.

Marvel at bat. K's

UL 2 UALR 1.

After 5 still UL 2 and UALR 1. Keefer throws runner out at 2nd to end the inning. Keef has been way better than anyone could have thought at throwin out runners this year.

Keefer has thrown out 16 out of 23 base stealing attempts. That is 70%. For those of you who do not know that is really really good. I am not sure what the national average is but I would guess about 40%.

In comparison UL has stolen 64 out of 80. That is 80%. Also a really good number again.

Default Re: So is it about time to give Fuselier a couple of games off?

Jay said Bowman is kinda banged up so we see Fuse more, i.e. against the lefty yesterday. He is doing ok so far today though, 1 BB, 1 hit and 1K.

Top 6.

Fuse base hit.
    T-Fred double.
    wild pitch and both runners move up. Fuse scores. UL 3-1.
    Guillory base hit and T-Fred scores. UL 4-1.
    Fontenot reached on error.
    Olasin sac bunt and Guillory scores. UL 5-1.
    Goulas base hit runner held at 3rd and then Goulas gets caught out between 2nd and first.
    Poirrier base hit and Fontenot scores. UL 6-1.
    Keefer base hit and Poirrier scores. UL 7-1.
    Marvel K's.

Top of the 6th is going to be BIG for the Cajuns!.

Coach Robe told me Wednesday that Bowman is still recovering from a sore wrist and wouldn't be able to hit for the weekend.

igeaux.mobi

Justin still throwing? How many pitches is he on.

igeaux.mobi

Quote Originally Posted by raginsaints View Post
    _ He's not helping the team at all right now. Maybe a break would do him some good. _
    Fuselier is playing with a shoulder brace since he injured it against NWST. This is why Marvel is playing in the outfield.

Poirrier is just horrible defensively. He makes 2 errors on the play (1 fielding and 1 pitching) which on the play he could have made an easy double play to get out of the inning and save Lil Robe's arm.

Poirrier needs to be DH'ing for 2 reasons. Bostick is much better on D and Marvel has not shown me much at the plate. The way Osbourn and Robe pitch with a ton of ground balls we need to have our best defensive players out there.

Score now 7-3 with one runner thrown out at the plate. Robe throws another 20 or so pitches. All this after the error.

Poirrier now has 13 errors on the year. This is not counting the number of plays that are not counted as errors that Bostick can make such as turning double plays.

13. UL Baseball Re: Game 2 UL vs. UALR

Quote Originally Posted by wcd35 View Post
    _ Justin still throwing? How many pitches is he on.
    igeaux.mobi _
    86 pitches after six innings. That should be it for today.

Excellent outing for Justin today.

Brian

Lay off of Fuse. He just got a hit. despite batting with a shoulder brace.

I've read somewhere that Jordan is playing with a brace and Bowman is not available. Trask maybe?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information