Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Nice win for the Cajuns ...

1. UL Baseball Nice win for the Cajuns ...

... to start the weekend. Justin Robichaux again proves how valuable he is to this team. UALR had been hot as well, winning five of their last six ... with a 9-6 win at Ole Miss included in that streak.

The Cajuns (8-8 in conference play) now have Justin back on the mound for 80-85 pitches tomorrow ... with momentum.

In some other good news for the Cajuns' positioning in the Sun Belt, Troy (5-8) knocked of Middle Tennessee (9-7) 10-1 tonight.

Meanwhile, a WKU (9-3) win over FAU (9-6) would help the Cajuns. WKU and FAU are tied 3-3 T6th in Boca Raton.

Unfortunately, FIU (7-6) defeated UNO (2-14) tonight 7-1 (no surprise).

Brian

Default Re: Nice win for the Cajuns ...

Quote Originally Posted by GoneGolfin View Post
    _ ... to start the weekend. Justin Robichaux again proves how valuable he is to this team. UALR had been hot as well, winning five of their last six ... with a 9-6 win at Ole Miss included in that streak.

The Cajuns (8-8 in conference play) now have Justin back on the mound for 80-85 pitches tomorrow ... with momentum.

In some other good news for the Cajuns' positioning in the Sun Belt, Troy (5-8) knocked of Middle Tennessee (9-7) 10-1 tonight.

Meanwhile, a WKU (9-3) win over FAU (9-6) would help the Cajuns. WKU and FAU are tied 3-3 T6th in Boca Raton.

Brian _
    What did Robe do? I was just keeping up on livestats as I could not get 1420 to work

Brian,
    Where RPI wise do the Cajuns need to be for them to be in at large consideration?

Robi apparently caught a bad throw with 2 out in the bottom of the ninth and the tie runner headed home. Robi got the ball and threw to home. Keef was able to either run down or tag the runner out.

5. Default Re: Nice win for the Cajuns ...

I am not in the real know as far as the baseball situation---BUT as I have posted before----Robe is just fun to watch play first base----I guess eventually he will get called for leaving the base too soon and have a runner safe on a sure out -----but really fun to watch!!!

6. Default Keefer's Homer Captures Series Opener

Chad Keefer homered in the eighth inning to break a tie that existed since the third inning and provide Louisiana with a 4-3 win in the series opener at UALR Friday evening at Gary Hogan Field in Little Rock.

7. UL Baseball Re: Nice win for the Cajuns ...

Great to start the series off on the right foot.

question for anyone....... in college baseball how would you grade a 5.40 ERA?

comment....... that's the highest ERA on the Cajuns pitching staff!!!!!!!!!!!

9. Default Re: Nice win for the Cajuns ...

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    _ Great to start the series off on the right foot. _
    20-14 overall
    8-8 conference

Season is looking up, if we can get a sweep this weekend.........

Geaux Cajuns

Quote Originally Posted by HOUCajun View Post
    _ ...as I could not get 1420 to work...
    When you say you couldn't get 1420 to work, were you looking at a "Loading data..." status indefinitely?

If so, I see the same thing nearly every time I click on "Listen Live". Dittos on the Talk Radio site (pun intended). If this is the case, all you have to do is right-click somewhere on the pop-up window and select "Reload" (Firefox) or "Refresh" (Internet Explorer).

For some reason, it almost never connects by clicking on the "Listen Live" link initially, but usually loads after the second attempt.

Quote Originally Posted by GoneGolfin View Post
    _ ... to start the weekend. Justin Robichaux again proves how valuable he is to this team. UALR had been hot as well, winning five of their last six ... with a 9-6 win at Ole Miss included in that streak.

Brian _
    Brian WKU down 8-3 in the 8th now.

WKU goes to 9-4, we are 8-8. We sweep WKU later in the year at home your looking at 9-7 and 11-8 which means in other conference games we would have to be only one game better than them to tie and hold the tie breaker??

Thats not being to optimistic with ULM and UNO left on the schedule. OR IS IT?

12. Default Re: Keefer's Homer Captures Series Opener

Could somebody explain the defensive play by Robe in the ninth---Please start with the inducing of the ground ball----To whom was it hit and ---well what happened?????

The only way we gonna get back to the top is to take it one game at a time. A sweep of WKU is waaaaaaaay to far down the road to be looking into. I'll be happy to take 2 this weekend against a much improved little rock team. Got to give it to the Cajuns...got a huge hit when we needed it at a place where I would imagine it's pretty tough to get adrenalized when u play infront of 200 people. Gotta keep chopping wood!!

igeaux.mobi

14. UL Baseball Re: Nice win for the Cajuns ...

Quote Originally Posted by LSUTiger4RaginCajuns View Post
    _ Robi apparently caught a bad throw with 2 out in the bottom of the ninth and the tie runner headed home. Robi got the ball and threw to home. Keef was able to either run down or tag the runner out. _
    There was one out when Robichaux successfully fielded the bad throw at first for the second out ... then had the presence of mind (with his back turned) to turn and throw home to prevent the runner from scoring from second base. The runner thought he could sneak in on the play, but Robe (as usual) knew the situation and was not fooled. The throw had the runner beat enough that he turned and tried to get back to third. Keefer correctly ran him back to the bag until the runner committed to third and then made the throw that ended the game.

Brian

15. UL Baseball Re: Nice win for the Cajuns ...

Quote Originally Posted by cajunhawk View Post
    _ Brian,
    Where RPI wise do the Cajuns need to be for them to be in at large consideration? _
    As discussed here ...
    https://forumeus.com/sh...6&postcount=11

... it really depends on where the Cajuns finish in conference. Unless they had an RPI in the 20s (highly doubtful), they probably need to finish top 4 in the Sun Belt.

If the Cajun finish 4th, I think low 40s will get them serious consideration, but will probably need to be in the 30s to have a decent shot. Much depends on how many conference tournament upsets there are.

Brian

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information