Thread: Lady Cajuns Cruise Past McNeese, 11-1

1. Default Lady Cajuns Cruise Past McNeese, 11-1

Louisiana's Lady Cajuns softball team rattled off 14 hits in an 11-1 rout of McNeese State in Lake Charles, La. on Wednesday evening. Every Cajun that stepped into the batter's box recorded a hit in the contest.

Default Re: Cajuns Cruise Past McNeese, 11-1

These are the types of scores we need to be seeing the rest of the way. Brittany & Donna need to bear down and start mowing down the competition and the fielders need to play with focus. No more errors, no more walks, start playing like a team that is gearing up for regionals. The rpi is in a dangerous place and needs much improvement if they plan on getting a good seed (re: 2 compared to a 3), just in case an at-large bid is needed.

Quote Originally Posted by lcitsh View Post
    These are the types of scores we need to be seeing the rest of the way. Brittany & Donna need to bear down and start mowing down the competition and the fielders need to play with focus. No more errors, no more walks, start playing like a team that is gearing up for regionals. The rpi is in a dangerous place and needs much improvement if they plan on getting a good seed (re: 2 compared to a 3), just in case an at-large bid is needed.
    All those things you said are true about playing better, with focus, etc. But getting a 2 vs. 3 seed matters very little with the new setup. If you're a 2, you play 3, and vice versa. Other than your number being one better, there's no real advantage to being a 2 seed, unless you're a 2 that hosts (which is rare in softball).

What they need to avoid is being shipped off somewhere as a 4 seed. If their RPI remains the same, they could be in dangerous waters. I personally don't think they'll wind up a 4 seed, but at the same time, I wouldn't put anything past the NCAA. They don't have the best track record when it comes to seeding UL.

Either way, the Cajuns have 17 of their last 20 at home and just need to get a little run going. Seeding and all that matters very little if they're still struggling come May.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch24 View Post
    _ All those things you said are true about playing better, with focus, etc. But getting a 2 vs. 3 seed matters very little with the new setup. If you're a 2, you play 3, and vice versa. Other than your number being one better, there's no real advantage to being a 2 seed, unless you're a 2 that hosts (which is rare in softball).

What they need to avoid is being shipped off somewhere as a 4 seed. If their RPI remains the same, they could be in dangerous waters. I personally don't think they'll wind up a 4 seed, but at the same time, I wouldn't put anything past the NCAA. They don't have the best track record when it comes to seeding UL.

Either way, the Cajuns have 17 of their last 20 at home and just need to get a little run going. Seeding and all that matters very little if they're still struggling come May. _
    A 4 seed is highly unlikely for the Cajuns. Those are usually conference tournament champions of the really weak leagues, like the SWAC, Pacific Coast, etc. I agree with you that there is little difference between a 2 & 3 seed if they are in the same regional, but when the selection committee begins looking at the pool of teams under consideration for these seeds, they are more likely to ship a 3 seed out of region than a 2 seed. Right now, the Cajuns are set to be in Baton Rouge for regionals, whether 2 seed or 3. I would not like to see that change.

Default Re: Lady Cajuns Cruise Past McNeese, 11-1

anyone know any updates on the injury report?

Default Re: Lady Cajuns Cruise Past McNeese, 11-1

Quote Originally Posted by remington11 View Post
    _ anyone know any updates on the injury report? _
    Soria (broken hand) has returned to practice and is wearing a splint on her throwing hand. I suspect she'll get some playing time this weekend, maybe an at-bat or two.

Taryn Broussard (appendectomy) is still recovering, from what I hear. Her procedure was a 4-6 week recovery deal, so she may end up taking the redshirt.

Orgeron is back in the lineup.

Anybody I miss?

Thread Information