Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: How to Increase Attendance?

Default Re: How to Increase Attendance?

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Fire the bafoon PA guy and whoever is working the music selection...they actually qued up Zepplins "if it keeps on raining levee going to break" during App game...they just went through a flood of biblical proportions....tone deaf to say the least
    cannot deny this cracks me up.

2. UL Football Re: How to Increase Attendance?

Maybe we should open up some public tail gating areas that are first come. I remember when the tailgate area was full with even a few cooking off the truck tailgate. If you get half in the stadium that's a few more fans .
    Minimum charge?

3. Default Re: How to Increase Attendance?

Quote Originally Posted by Sonsissymia View Post
    cannot deny this cracks me up.
    Me too

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    Best shot we have is to make the best impressions we can when stadium renovations are complete. Both before 2025 season and during the 2025 games. If we can't capitalize and convince Acadiana/Lafayette it's an event worth attending, won't look good long-term.

We need the casuals that choose TSAB over us, whether they are alumni or not. We'll get some of them when renovations are complete, but an impression needs to be made to get them to come back. I think that means making tailgating way more affordable until we have wait lists again.
    100% agree with your tailgating suggestion. Would love to see more people my age get in to UL tailgating, but at a minimum of $1,000 to try it for a season, I don’t see many new groups doing so.

While I agree we need to make strong impressions post renovations, I haven’t seen anything yet indicating how we plan to do so for the common fan (not the premium experience seeker). We’ve all seen pictures of the new club level suites and loge boxes. I have yet to see a single projected image of the revamped main concourse. Seats on the home side (lower bowl) have been greatly decreased, so it seems like a lot of people are gonna be sitting on the visitor side or end zone. How does Cajun Field experience change for those folks? If it turns out to be same old same old in terms of gameday operations, the honeymoon phase for OLOL Stadium will be a short one. I don’t see too many people sticking around past the first season just to look across and watch other enjoying “premium” if their own experience is not improved.

5. Default Re: How to Increase Attendance?

Fire the bafoon PA guy and whoever is working the music selection...they actually qued up Zepplins "if it keeps on raining levee going to break" during App game...they just went through a flood of biblical proportions....tone deaf to say the least
    Yikes

Name:  Screenshot 2024-10-20 at 8.07.34 AM.png
Views: 77
Size:  116.9 KB

Yesterday's attendance in Conway. 17,812 for Homecoming.

7. Default Re: How to Increase Attendance?

You’ve got a few weeks until the next home game. It’s against a historical football rival in stAte. The team is 6-1. So, regardless of what happens @ TXST, the admin should be promoting the heck out of this team within the community. Build some buzz. Make it an event. Make Cajun field the place to be in the month of November.

One thing to look out for is the tv flex. You know how that goes sometimes. Especially when a team is winning.

8. Default Re: How to Increase Attendance?

If you owned a minor league baseball team, how would you boost attendance?

9. Default Re: How to Increase Attendance?

This administration has proven it’s not willing to take suggestions from us blue collar fans.

So quit worrying about what will increase attendance and just enjoy the games. Quit complaining, pay up and show up.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    You’ve got a few weeks until the next home game. It’s against a historical football rival in stAte. The team is 6-1. So, regardless of what happens @ TXST, the admin should be promoting the heck out of this team within the community. Build some buzz. Make it an event. Make Cajun field the place to be in the month of November.

One thing to look out for is the tv flex. You know how that goes sometimes. Especially when a team is winning.
    Will Maggard say no to an 11a kick?

11. Default Re: How to Increase Attendance?

Not without legislative help. We really need LSU on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    100% agree with your tailgating suggestion. Would love to see more people my age get in to UL tailgating, but at a minimum of $1,000 to try it for a season, I don’t see many new groups doing so.

While I agree we need to make strong impressions post renovations, I haven’t seen anything yet indicating how we plan to do so for the common fan (not the premium experience seeker). We’ve all seen pictures of the new club level suites and loge boxes. I have yet to see a single projected image of the revamped main concourse. Seats on the home side (lower bowl) have been greatly decreased, so it seems like a lot of people are gonna be sitting on the visitor side or end zone. How does Cajun Field experience change for those folks? If it turns out to be same old same old in terms of gameday operations, the honeymoon phase for OLOL Stadium will be a short one. I don’t see too many people sticking around past the first season just to look across and watch other enjoying “premium” if their own experience is not improved.
    100 couldnt said it better myself

13. Default Re: How to Increase Attendance?

He can say no, pitch a fit like a 2 year old, call the governor, threaten to boycott and it still won't change. Even the mighty SEC bows down to ESPN. Him saying no really isn't that different from you or I saying no.

Now some pleading and begging along with support from the conference office might and that is a big might get them to feel sorry for us. With that said ESPN has more in common with Hannibel Lector than Mother Theresa.

In pointing out that Coastal had 17,000 for Homecoming, it is interesting that we fell 3000 short of that vs. App St. and it wasn't even homecoming AND that we played at exactly the same time as LSU. As for the "Yard Goat" (LSU Central) its' layout now makes since. Damn near hidden, but in very close proximity to Legends Original. Parking out of sight, hell even an entrance completely out of sight, and the thing is packed with LSU fans.

LMAO, you pull for another city and discretely demonstrate your, F the Cajuns true nature in a hide out bar. _____cats.

According to the contract, I don't think he can.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information