Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: How to Increase Attendance?

Default Re: How to Increase Attendance?

Well there is booster clubs! As long as it isnt being used to support athletics, now this is where we would need a lawyer, but booster clubs that can help for activities outside of Cajun Field, that can help out with activiites that are happening outside of Cajun Field. As long as that booster club is not directly giving money to athletics. this could be used to help setup the tents and vendors outside before the game, but a lawyer on this subject would have to be consulted. Volunteers could be used.

The booster club could be funded through private money which would be used to help setup, just as long as the booster is not directly involved with giving money to the athletic department, but everything being sold outside would be for athletics. That wouldnt support the booster or the booster giving directly to athletics.

Could be wrong though!

Everything has a cost and yet we pay people to sit in lawn chairs under tents for security of our empty parking lots. Then say we can’t do “xyz” because we can’t afford the manpower. Gotta love it.

3. Default Re: How to Increase Attendance?

When it comes to having successful repeatable events they all have (in different ways) an aspect of how they made everyone feel.

Many aspects to this covered, some tried, many ignored.

Feeling welcomed or unwelcome is only one aspect and it won't flip the script by itself anymore than great beer prices will by itself.

A great feeling about an event includes aspects that you may never plan to use or may never use, but just knowing it's available can really move the needle towards creating a "good welcome feeling."

Making events at Cajun Basin "Come Again" events is one aspect that will go a long way towards making people feel comfortable mentally, and sometimes physically.

In this digital age, let game goers come, go, and come back in.

You're welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    We have done more than ever this year in game promotion? Where?
    If you don't know you don't follow them on social media.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragin9221 View Post
    Everything that i posted will raise revenue. If Festival International wasnt making money it wouldn’t even exist or any other festival around here.
    Festival International was around 100K in the hole for 2023. That is with subsidies and volunteers.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunT View Post
    With your suggestions and I applaud your efforts, there is no suggestions on how to raise revenue. This program is without student fees and continually robs Petter to pay Paul from the RCAF General Fund. Sorry, but I'm willing to listen to your or anyone else's suggestions but I need to see tangle ways to raise revenue to take any of it seriously. And finding revenue streams usually doesn't began with giving things away to attract the low-end casual fan to walk into Cajun Field.
    This right here nails it.

I do. If that’s the standard of what we expect from promotions, that’s pretty sad. Good social media push would be what we did for the App State game in 2019. Haven’t had anything like it since.

We are content to have poor promotions. As soon as more people come to the games, (like Tulane) we ____ down our leg and bungle gameday. Then we draw 14,000 for App State and athletics pats themselves on the back for improving operations.

Acadiana and UL’s relationship reminds of a Sean Price line: “I ain’t ____. You ain’t ____. We’re meant for each other.”

9. Default Re: How to Increase Attendance?

You "add" social media, its not a replacement.

Social media is far to fractured to drop everthing else that is required.

Just like you can never make a deal with a single newspaper, the media market is too fractured for that to be a good move.

Its a good move for the paper because it brings in some new readers. Readers who discovered the draw elsewhere

For the sake of your existing audience never abandon "elsewhere" because social media is just lagniappe

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun90 View Post
    This right here nails it.
    So there is nothing we can do, and it is what it is so i go back and crawl back in my hole okay fine by me. What a ______ poor way of looking at it and never get anything done but sure!

There is nothing we can do to help attendance and so we should be happy with eating cow manure and be happy. Glad i get how the University looks at it.

They will continue to blame the city of Lafayette and the community for there attendance woes okay great way of thinking!

Never seen such a defeatist attitude. A reason never to do nothing.

If i am off base then come up with other ideas!

11. Default Re: How to Increase Attendance?

Festival International was around 100K in the hole for 2023. That is with subsidies and volunteers.
    The underwriters are making money hand over fist in the form of tax dollars due to the influx of tourists including those from neighboring parishes.

Which exposes the fact that Cajun Dome, managment is ungrateful for the money subsidy they recieve from Lafayette and Lafayette is to naive to call them on it.

What the Cajun Dome does to Lafayette would be like Festival International saying visitors can't spend nights in hotels, visit other attractions, or go out to eat afterwards.

University owns Cajun Field, so anyone that setsup shop at Cajun Field the University makes money off anyone setting up shop!? One would assume? I am sure something can be worked out that a certain amount of proceeds goes back to Athletics.

So there is nothing we can do, and it is what it is so i go back and crawl back in my hole okay fine by me. What a ______ poor way of looking at it and never get anything done but sure!

There is nothing we can do to help attendance and so we should be happy with eating cow manure and be happy. Glad i get how the University looks at it.

They will continue to blame the city of Lafayette and the community for there attendance woes okay great way of thinking!

Until proven otherwise I truly don’t believe the administration wants to grow.

By no means am I saying to not do anything. However much of what you present is how to spend money to get someone to buy a ticket for $15-20 bucks. The tradeoff just isn't there.

By no means am I saying to not do anything. However much of what you present is how to spend money to get someone to buy a ticket for $15-20 bucks. The tradeoff just isn't there.
    Okay so this is where we gotta break people up in subgroups, yes the primary purpose is getting into purchasing a ticket into Cajun Field, but i will have different people who may come for other reason. You may have the person who wants to enjoy a day with the family, i may be the kid that just want to play, i may be that person who just wants to come to socialize, hell i may be the person who is coming to just get drunk, whatever your motivation is on coming, so as a University needs to break everyone in these subgroups, and say what can i do to get each group to spend money, or what are they looking to do, if i am in thr family category okay lets see

I can do activities like face painting, balloon animals, and arts and crafts. They might also enjoy bouncy castles, treasure hunts, and puppet shows. Some festivals even have kids' zones with interactive games, storytime sessions, or hands-on science experiments. Whatever and they can spend money on that.

Okay let’s go to the next group that may be at Cajun Field so on and so forth. Figure out which ones are feasible and which ones are not.

Either way they are coming to purchase a product, and in the end showing up to a football game and watching the Cajuns play.

Face Painting is the hook , and coming into Cajun Field that is the bait, once you buy that ticket to go to the football game and go in that is it i been caught my hook and bait has worked. If i like it i may be coming back again and again.

I am not saying this needs to be free they gonna have to pay for all these things.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information