Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Thanks Cajun brothers

1. Default Re: Thanks Cajun brothers

all advertisement is great . . . sporting events are great . . . coming here and harping on every single little thing that you are not satisfied with is apparently doing nothing to solve any of those issues . . . but boy it paints a horrible picture after each sporting event as to why not to go and to any to any prospective fan looking here to see if they want to venture to a Louisiana sporting event, buy season tickets or even donating . . .

Default Re: Thanks Cajun brothers

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFun View Post
    Are athletics the only advertising available?

For a university that is trying to establish academics, is it the best advertising?
    We can do both. Establish academic standards while using athletic success to increase enrollment and market the school. When we play a nationally televised game on ESPN or make the postseason in a sport like basketball, there are millions of eyes who get to see "Louisiana Ragin' Cajuns" on their screen. A buddy of mine (who happens to post on here) and one who graduated at almost the top of his class from UL was inspired to attend the school when he watched the 2000 Omaha team as a kid.

I get that we are improving academics and that is awesome. But the perception of that outside of Acadiana is still not where it needs to be. We need athletics to help.

3. Default Re: Thanks Cajun brothers

Quote Originally Posted by CajunFun View Post
    Are athletics the only advertising available?

For a university that is trying to establish academics, is it the best advertising?
    Its not but I don't see any advertising educating the locals on what the true value (or meaning behind) having an R1 institution representing greater Louisiana.

Currently I feel the general public has no clue what Louisiana.edu means to their quality of life.

The ones who do know became interested through some other factor and dug deeper.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    all advertisement is great . . . sporting events are great . . . coming here and harping on every single little thing that you are not satisfied with is apparently doing nothing to solve any of those issues . . . but boy it paints a horrible picture after each sporting event as to why not to go and to any to any prospective fan looking here to see if they want to venture to a Louisiana sporting event, buy season tickets or even donating . . .
    But that's not on the fan. We are also customers giving feedback like on Google Review. Hiding it makes it worse because it comes off as lying.

5. Default Re: Thanks Cajun brothers

Quote Originally Posted by ULvictory View Post
    But that's not on the fan. We are also customers giving feedback like on Google Review. Hiding it makes it worse because it comes off as lying.
    let me know when you get a fan to attend by running down your universities events . . .

One of the things I like to do is look up reviews for local businesses that I don’t frequent. I then berate the people who leave negative reviews about hurting said business. I like to think I’m doing my part in helping Acadiana.

Yup. Burying one's head in the sand like ostriches leaves what? A bunch of arses to look at.

Going from we should allow anyone in so that everyone gets a shot to we have to be careful advertising with athletics because we don’t want to attract the wrong types should qualify someone for the mental gymnastics Olympics. I say go for gold.

9. Default Re: Thanks Cajun brothers

let me know when you get a fan to attend by running down your universities events . . .
    The idea is to improve.

If you sweep areas that can be improved under the rug, the attendees who were oblivios will never return.

The hiding method guarantees one-and-done.

The fixing method creates fans for life.

But how is it the fan's fault for giving honest feedback?

I forgot what this thread was even about.

Something like don't pull for the Cajuns or some other bs.

Cajuns Football 5-1, time to put the beatdown on the east coast Covid Carolina.

Let's rock. 3-0 away this season. Hattiesburg, Winston-Salem and somewhere in north Georgia.

But how is it the fan's fault for giving honest feedback?
    It’s like grandma used to say, “if you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say anything at all.” That’s why I don’t frequent local businesses at all. If I stay home, I don’t risk a negative experience that could tempt me into a negative review.

I commend all Louisiana supporters who don’t attend the games but instead warn others off of sharing feedback from the games. Support comes in many different shapes and forms!

We "run down" on areas they need to improve, thus if they improve those areas more fans will attend.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    Its not but I don't see any advertising educating the locals on what the true value (or meaning behind) having an R1 institution representing greater Louisiana.

Currently I feel the general public has no clue what Louisiana.edu means to their quality of life.

The ones who do know became interested through some other factor and dug deeper.
    One opportunity we have to showcase the academic achievements, beautiful campus and athletic facilities in a university commercial shown on every televised UL game locally and nationally and all we show is some girl doing ballet and hoping to go to college. This has been shown for at least 2 years now. What a golden opportunity lost.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    One opportunity we have to showcase the academic achievements, beautiful campus and athletic facilities in a university commercial shown on every televised UL game locally and nationally and all we show is some girl doing ballet and hoping to go to college. This has been shown for at least 2 years now. What a golden opportunity lost.
    Just a sampling of the big picture that UL fails to see (and many that posts on this forum as well)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information