Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: App State attendance

Default Re: Predict the App State attendance (Is it just me)

You could tell it was going to be a light crowd at the Cajun walk.

What’s going on across the basin is only part of the problem. No relief from that with the exception of the Troy game so we’ll be competing. Homecoming is the Bama game, so that.

We know the issues. Little to no marketing. Even after a big ACC win and a rivalry win. No buzz created with any promotion.

Game day experience. Even with perfect weather, you obviously didn’t have return customers from the first 2 games.

Where are the students? It was great to see the student reserve tailgate sold out for game 1. Have not heard a peep about those spots since. Have not made it over there to check it out either. How’s that going?

ooh LA La. Re: Predict the App State attendance (Is it just me)

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    We know the issues. Little to no marketing. Even after a big ACC win and a rivalry win. No buzz created with any promotion.
    It's simply amazing to watch the admin continually rely on "here's the schedule for this year -- expect you to be there!" as their marketing plan

Game day experience. Even with perfect weather, you obviously didn’t have return customers from the first 2 games.
    No surprise here. Same annoying PA. Same annoyingly loud music. Same crap marching band. Oh and we almost killed a bunch of people by forgetting to have WATER

Where are the students? It was great to see the student reserve tailgate sold out for game 1. Have not heard a peep about those spots since. Have not made it over there to check it out either. How’s that going?
    Many of them are tailgating on Nicholson Drive in Baton Rouge. Not because they're supporting LSU but because that's where the party is. That's where the drinking is, the girls are, the bad decisions are. Ya know - those things that make college "college"

Quote Originally Posted by jaxmc1023 View Post
    It's simply amazing to watch the admin continually rely on "here's the schedule for this year -- expect you to be there!" as their marketing plan

No surprise here. Same annoying PA. Same annoyingly loud music. Same crap marching band. Oh and we almost killed a bunch of people by forgetting to have WATER

Many of them are tailgating on Nicholson Drive in Baton Rouge. Not because they're supporting LSU but because that's where the party is. That's where the drinking is, the girls are, the bad decisions are. Ya know - those things that make college "college"
    And they want to charge more for the wonderful experience next year.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    In all fairness, other than taking your cousin on a date, what else is there to do in Monroe on a Saturday?
    Tough to beat up monroe when they drawing larger crowds. At some point we needa get our $h1+ together.

Quote Originally Posted by anhil8tor View Post
    Tough to beat up monroe when they drawing larger crowds. At some point we needa get our $h1+ together.
    ULM, Georgia State, and Troy are also inflating attendance numbers. If you look at the actual crowd compared to what they announce, they’re completely different. If we calculated our attendance last night using Troy math, we would’ve announced close to 25k. We need to start using their formula instead.

It was a pathetic showing.

Same annoying PA. Same annoyingly loud music. Same crap marching band. Oh and we almost killed a bunch of people by forgetting to have WATER

I’m going to very much disagree on this point, at least for last night. The in game music selection was actually pretty darn good, and the speakers didn’t have the annoying shrill like in the past. The band was pretty good too compared to past seasons. We sat next to them.

The in game experience last night put on by the university, with the exception of the big black box on the scoreboard preventing one from seeing replays, was actually pretty darn good. We all had a good time, and the win made it better.

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    It was a pathetic showing.
    The student “support” is horrible. Negligible noise from them.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    I’m going to very much disagree on this point, at least for last night. The in game music selection was actually pretty darn good, and the speakers didn’t have the annoying shrill like in the past. The band was pretty good too compared to past seasons. We sat next to them.

The in game experience last night put on by the university, with the exception of the big black box on the scoreboard preventing one from seeing replays, was actually pretty darn good. We all had a good time, and the win made it better.
    Please get a new PA announcer. He is lazy in that he barely recaps each play, and the 3rrrrrrrrrrrd Downnnnnnnn call is very annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by IdeaL View Post
    Attendance 14,058
    looked like ole pizz had that many in that little corner last night.

Quote Originally Posted by ragin50 View Post
    Please get a new PA announcer. He is lazy in that he barely recaps each play, and the 3rrrrrrrrrrrd Downnnnnnnn call is very annoying.
    Hardly ever mentions a D player making a tackle...play, tackle, que the music!

Maybe the ULLLLLLL foundation could find a way to monetize these?

Attached Images Attached Images  

Okay. Great.

Unfortunately several years of this BS in a row it's going to take some time to convince people that you got it fixed.

Or you know ... maybe .... you could advertise the fact that you heard the complaints and have addressed the issue

Okay. Great.

Unfortunately several years of this BS in a row it's going to take some time to convince people that you got it fixed.

Or you know ... maybe .... you could advertise the fact that you heard the complaints and have addressed the issue
    Well we’re 5-1 right now. I’m gonna try to focus on that right now and hope we just keep winning.

15. Default Re: Predict the App State attendance (Is it just me)

I’m running with this guy . . .

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread Information