1. Default Re: KADN lays off 19

Scott Brazda also teaches at UL.

Default Re: KADN lays off 19

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun77 View Post
    Scott Brazda also teaches at UL.
    And. Teurlings

Quote Originally Posted by facelessjonmoon View Post
    If Gray Media would buy it we would get Pelicans games in Lafayette market.

It's the only market in the below map left out with no Pels coverage ( only market below w/ no station owned by Gray)

Attachment 20480
    I get every Pelicans game

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    I have a source who works for the Pels in marketing. Someone I coached in Biddy Ball when I lived in the New Orleans area over 2 decades ago. They knew from the beginning of the move away from Bally they had to have the Lafayette market. Per capita, there are more Pels fans here than anywhere in the state outside of New Orleans according to their research. Not having a Gray station in the market is what has caused the delays. Despite that, the Pels media team has been working tirelessly to secure a deal in this market and reassurances have been given to many that a deal was imminent. A streaming deal will also be announced soon. Not much time left as the season begins in less than 2 weeks. That is a side issue to the main topic. It is unfortunate that some good people will lose their jobs due to no fault of their own. Saw it happen many times in my years in the energy industry. However, many of those folks will bounce back. Good luck to them. Their are a couple of Cajun connections there. I believe the young lady named Alex is married to former baseball great, Jace Conrad. Also, when he was over at KATC TV 3, Scott Brazda always had positive coverage of the Cajuns. In his case, it is unfortunate as they made a big push to recruit him to the station only a few months ago. Perhaps he finds his way back there.
    Mike, why do people say that the pels are not in this market? Are you speaking directly to streaming services because I catch every single game on Cox

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    I get every Pelicans game
    You know there's a new tv setup this season right? No more Bally's

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr View Post
    Mike, why do people say that the pels are not in this market? Are you speaking directly to streaming services because I catch every single game on Cox
    Not anymore.

There's a big ommision in the coverage area below. Per Fanof71 and Cajunmike (great sources) an announcement for the Lafayette market will be made shortly.

https://www.nola.com/sports/pelicans...0362ca182.html

And how is this directly related to UL?

8. Default Re: KADN lays off 19

Quote Originally Posted by ULGrad@HOU View Post
    And how is this directly related to UL?
    It is not even indirectly related to UL

and Scott Brazda, as great of a fellow as he is, should never do a sporting event . . .

Quote Originally Posted by facelessjonmoon View Post
    Not anymore.

There's a big ommision in the coverage area below. Per Fanof71 and Cajunmike (great sources) an announcement for the Lafayette market will be made shortly.

https://www.nola.com/sports/pelicans...0362ca182.html

Looks like the over the air deal will get done, but I believe there will also be a free streaming option available as well.

The OTA deal is done... announcement to come...

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Fanof71 to return to channel 3?

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Great news right there. Now my kids don't have to watch all the games streaming on their phones. They can actually watch on a TV

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    Fanof71 to return to channel 3?
    No....and No...

Local news is a joke.

KLFY and KATC have basically turned into:
    1) who got murdered in Acadiana
    2) people who lost personal property, don't have insurance, and advertise their GoFundMe on the local news.

People who have insurance call their insurance agency and file a claim. They don't call KATC and KLFY.

These "field reporters" in each parish are desperate to find a story to meet their required quota and they really lean on these stories of people who lost something to weather, fire, etc. and need help.

Yes, I feel for people who had a tree fall on their house... but I do not consider that news.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information