Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: La Louisiane - Lourdes Stadium

1. Default Re: La Louisiane - Lourdes Stadium

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonCajun View Post
    Why not?
    It’s a high expense that may not be profitable. Also, health codes and additional insurance premiums may be an issue. Just my personal opinion. The restaurant industry is fickle to say the least.

Default Re: La Louisiane - Lourdes Stadium

If any restaurant had to be operated and run by Sodexo, it would be an absolute failure!

3. Default Re: La Louisiane - Lourdes Stadium

Quote Originally Posted by Big Buds View Post
    It’s a high expense that may not be profitable. Also, health codes and additional insurance premiums may be an issue. Just my personal opinion. The restaurant industry is fickle to say the least.
    With the number of restaurants that have closed in the area over the last year, might not be a sound investment.

4. Default Re: La Louisiane - Lourdes Stadium

Should create something like this, a restaurant patterned with WVUs NIL collective. Portion of proceeds goes to NIL.

https://countryroadstrust.com/2024/0...to-morgantown/

5. Default Re: La Louisiane - Lourdes Stadium

With the almost daily guarantee of a certain amount of foot traffic coupled with a small amount of required loitering, this has to be a, windfall location for any restaurant or eatery.

Pile on top of that about 60 days a year with viral levels of outside generated interest and this is the #1 prime location in Lafayette for the savvy investor.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    With the almost daily guarantee of a certain amount of foot traffic coupled with a small amount of required loitering, this has to be a, windfall location for any restaurant or eatery.

Pile on top of that about 60 days a year with viral levels of outside generated interest and this is the #1 prime location in Lafayette for the savvy investor.
    My initial thoughts reading the ideas of a permanent restaurant on the East side in this thread were skepticism and disregard...but even if it was a cafe + student dining like at Cypress Lake, it would give commuters and alumni/local professionals an easy place to stop and dine in and develop or strengthen a bond to the athletic complex.

Even a place like the old Grab N Geaux that was a Zeus near Olivier Hall when I was a student.

I think it's a great idea. Although I'm sure they have other plans for that side of the stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by jaxmc1023 View Post
    Kinda sounds like they want to get creative with state funds by adding classrooms or dorms on the east side. Sounds like someone else we know....
    I thought the original state funds for this aren't available anymore or at least at the moment?

(I hope they still are)

Quote Originally Posted by facelessjonmoon View Post
    I thought the original state funds for this aren't available anymore or at least at the moment?

(I hope they still are)
    That was my belief as well with the cuts to the state capital outlay budget, but hearing Scott mention it in that podcast gave me a little hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post

You know what you name it? Louisiana

For a stadium being in Cajun country the food at the stadium (last time I went) was absolutely horrible. My kids funnel cake was burnt and inedible. How do you F up a funnel cake????

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information