Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Texas State Headed To Mountain West Conference?

Default Re: Texas State Headed To Mountain West Conference?

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZoom View Post
    ULM dropped the name fight for SBC membership. In Tech’s case, probably help get a ULS med school in Lafayette might garner a vote.
    We won't need there help.

If Tech wants into this conference there needs to be a stipulation that they MUST refer to us as Louisiana or UL at all sporting events to include showing it on the scoreboard and state it in all broadcast… failure to comply will result in financial restitution paid to our university…. Also if I was ULM I would force them (tech) to recognize them as such and pay the same financial penalty. It would be one way to stick it to the necksters… MAKE THEM SAY OUR NAME!

Quote Originally Posted by mxpxfr690 View Post
    If Tech wants into this conference there needs to be a stipulation that they MUST refer to us as Louisiana or UL at all sporting events to include showing it on the scoreboard and state it in all broadcast… failure to comply will result in financial restitution paid to our university…. Also if I was ULM I would force them (tech) to recognize them as such and pay the same financial penalty. It would be one way to stick it to the necksters… MAKE THEM SAY OUR NAME!
    That won’t be an issue. It would be the same as Southern Miss.

We don't need three Sun Belt schools in the State of Louisiana. Why create additional recruiting competition within the State, when there is already plenty. The Sun Belt is now several steps above CUSA, why elevate LA Techs status?

I think Tech would have a snowball's chance in hell getting in the SBC. They done urinated on enough members where they won't even try. It's not just a UL/ULM issue. As long as they have the same donor family calling the shots, that leopard isn't changing their spots.

Tommy Mac's little video was the pure essence of the donor leadership at L A Tech. Let them rot.

I think Tech would have a snowball's chance in hell getting in the SBC. They done urinated on enough members where they won't even try. It's not just a UL/ULM issue. As long as they have the same donor family calling the shots, that leopard isn't changing their spots.

Tommy Mac's little video was the pure essence of the donor leadership at L A Tech. Let them rot.
    La Tech will not be in the SBC. Can we stop this talk!

From the Texas State board..In response to your question only the negotiating team and University administrators know for sure but names that have been suggested by local media are Sam Houston St, Tarleton St and UTEP. NIU and Toledo cannot be the only targets because they will be FB only and we need at least 2 more full member to qualify as a conference. Gloria is much more creative so NIU and Toledo came as a complete surprise to everybody. They being targeted means there is a broad net being cast and It would not surprise me if LLU were being considered. My best guess would be that your administration would be consulted about a travel partner.
    ////////////////

Goodness, what a wizzing contest out west. MWC and PAC need to check their egos, swap a little spit and merge.

I bet any school in the eastern and central time zones just can' wait to play games in the mountain and pacific time zones. I'm sure their fans would love it!

Wow, just seeing that Texas State lost to SHSU. Ouch

Question, if not Louisiana Tech possibly WKU or Middle Tennessee? Here's the problem, all of them took a dump on the SBC when they left for CUSA. There is a reason we are not playing WKU or MTSU in major sports, they have refused to schedule UL so we don't play them in any sports.

If Texas State is gone to the MWC, the three candidates with ties to the conference and existing rivalries are Louisiana Tech, WKU and Middle Tennessee. Of those three, WKU has the best football and mbb programs right now.

11. Default Re: Texas State Headed To Mountain West Conference?

Not based on current success, but I would take MTSU back before WKU

I don’t like any of the 3. They can all rot in cusa. I’d take Sam Houston state. They have a tradition of winning and will be top of cusa soon enough if not this year. They have good baseball and basketball. Also a close travel game.

13. Default Re: Texas State Headed To Mountain West Conference?

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    I don’t like any of the 3. They can all rot in cusa. I’d take Sam Houston state. They have a tradition of winning and will be top of cusa soon enough if not this year. They have good baseball and basketball. Also a close travel game.
    Hmmm

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    Infrastructure sucks, football stadium seats 14k (which is why they played in Houston this weekend).

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    Wow, just seeing that Texas State lost to SHSU. Ouch
    Yeah...that stings.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information