Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Wake Forest Game Week

UL Football Wake Forest Game Week

Time to turn the page to Wake Forest. It’s our first meeting against the Demon Deacons and our final non-conference game.

Wake Forest currently has a 1-2 record with a win against NC A&T and losses to Virginia and Ole Miss. They had a bye this weekend, so they will be well rested when the Cajuns head to Winston-Salem.

I’m not sure what to really expect in this game. They aren’t a powerhouse P4 program, but they aren’t bad either. I think if we can clean some things up on both sides of the football, this can be a win. Should be a good one.

2. Default Re: Wake Forest Game Week

I agree, this should be a fun matchup.

Default Re: Wake Forest Game Week

We have to take more chances in the passing game. What I mean by that is BW must look to drive the ball downfield, unlike what we saw against Tulane. In games of equal or near equal talent a QB will have to play to win, not play to not lose like we saw Saturday.

Defensively, man we were dominated late in the game especially on the right side of the box. Our 3rd down defense was terrible. The box players have to tackle better we got tons of pressure and couldn’t get a sack.

Special teams, well it contributed to the loss last week. We have to win the field position battle and keep doing what we’ve been doing.

Overall this is a very winnable game. I feel as though we are the better team and we just have to go out there and execute in all three phases and we walk out with a W. But we need Woolridge to make some plays down the field and take a few more chances.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    I agree, this should be a fun matchup.
    I know its early in the week but Louisiana is only a 2.5 dog for this game very winnable game for Louisiana to me

Quote Originally Posted by cajun4life View Post
    We have to take more chances in the passing game. What I mean by that is BW must look to drive the ball downfield, unlike what we saw against Tulane. In games of equal or near equal talent a QB will have to play to win, not play to not lose like we saw Saturday.

Defensively, man we were dominated late in the game especially on the right side of the box. Our 3rd down defense was terrible. The box players have to tackle better we got tons of pressure and couldn’t get a sack.

Special teams, well it contributed to the loss last week. We have to win the field position battle and keep doing what we’ve been doing.

Overall this is a very winnable game. I feel as though we are the better team and we just have to go out there and execute in all three phases and we walk out with a W. But we need Woolridge to make some plays down the field and take a few more chances.
    I still like where we are. Agree with everything but Ben driving the ball down the field. Yes, take some shots. He did in the first quarter again. But you don't want to throw to win. Tried that on Saturday and that is not when this offense is at its best. Ben was pressured and not sharp.

Stick to the run game to allow the QB to throw it when he wants to, not needs to. It's been highlighted time and again. We win when we run the ball effectively. When we have to throw, we're usually trying to come back from a deficit. And we absolutely stink in comeback games. Hence the terrible 1 score game record under Des.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    I still like where we are. Agree with everything but Ben driving the ball down the field. Yes, take some shots. He did in the first quarter again. But you don't want to throw to win. Tried that on Saturday and that is not when this offense is at its best. Ben was pressured and not sharp.

Stick to the run game to allow the QB to throw it when he wants to, not needs to. It's been highlighted time and again. We win when we run the ball effectively. When we have to throw, we're usually trying to come back from a deficit. And we absolutely stink in comeback games. Hence the terrible 1 score game record under Des.
    I actually felt that we threw it to much as well until I went and looked at the stat sheet. We were 55/45 on the pass to run ratio. Ben just wasn’t good Saturday. Not terrible, just not what was needed to win.

I’m not sure if the pick 6 was a misread, miscommunication or wrong route but any pick to the wide side of the field in the shallow routes is almost always going to the house.

We were not that effective running the ball. Davis broke the big run, but aside from that we averaged less than 4yd per carry. We were still in position to win the game. We just failed to execute.

If my math is correct, 2-10 in one score games under Coach Dez.

That MUST change. Hell, just be 50/50 in those.

I actually felt that we threw it to much as well until I went and looked at the stat sheet. We were 55/45 on the pass to run ratio. Ben just wasn’t good Saturday. Not terrible, just not what was needed to win.

I’m not sure if the pick 6 was a misread, miscommunication or wrong route but any pick to the wide side of the field in the shallow routes is almost always going to the house.

We were not that effective running the ball. Davis broke the big run, but aside from that we averaged less than 4yd per carry. We were still in position to win the game. We just failed to execute.
    I was more upset with what lead to the pick 6 than the actual pick 6. Tulane had just tied it at 10 with around 5 minutes to go in the 1st half. Up until that point, we were averaging 4-5 yards per carry on the ground. So instead of running the ball, we attempt two straight pass plays on 1st and 2nd down with two straight incompletions forcing a 3rd and 10. That's when Ben threw the pick 6 on what looked like a miscommunication because the targeted receiver wasn't even turned around, and the Tulane DB was right there to pick it off and take it to the house. But until that play, why pass on 1st and 2nd down? Why not use your strength and run the football with the 3 running backs we have? Who knows, if we run the ball and get maybe 6-7 yards and create a short yardage situation on 3rd down, maybe we don't run that play that turns into a pick 6.

All I'm saying is that we need to play to our strengths to win, and that's running the football.

After going look at the replay, it looks like Ben was expecting Terrance to stop at the 1st down marker, but Terrance ran a quick corner. DB was just sitting there in zone.

If the game comes down to “Water Planning”…we will lose.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTails View Post
    After going look at the replay, it looks like Ben was expecting Terrance to stop at the 1st down marker, but Terrance ran a quick corner. DB was just sitting there in zone.
    That’s what I saw too. Carter was wide open in the corner route once the DB settled.

Wake is not a good football team

13. Default Re: Wake Forest Game Week

Quote Originally Posted by Million$Mullet View Post
    Wake is not a good football team
    if wake fans are scouting this board, somebody is on their board posting "Louisiana is not a good football team, and they have no water . . .

Weather at wake Saturday 67-80. 40% chance of rain mostly early morning. So 2:30 (3:30est) kick will be as hot as it will get that day.

15. Default Re: Wake Forest Game Week

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    Weather at wake Saturday 67-80. 40% chance of rain mostly early morning. So 2:30 (3:30est) kick will be as hot as it will get that day.
    and water from nature . . .

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information