Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 ... LastLast

Thread: NO WATER for YOU

Default Re: Game day planning….

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    People were literally sitting inside the ice storage bins to cool off. No excuses for today. Everyone involved in game day management FAILED. Thanks to the paramedics & security for working like crazy in the heat.

Some of our crew left at half to go back to the camper. They were able to throw us water over the fence since concessions ran out.
    Yikes . Unacceptable

Default Re: Game day planning….

I would suggest firing off an email to keene@sunbeltsports.org

Deputy CommissionerI just did, told her theyre lucky no one died

3. Default Re: Game day planning….

. . . sorry folks but my University of Louisiana has served me and my son who also has a degree from Louisiana darn well and I am darn proud of it . . .

Default Re: Not acceptable…

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    But then say you fail, get a stop, and a TD. All of a sudden your lead is no longer FG proof. I don’t get the decision of chasing points that early in a game. JMO. I know it’s all analytics. If the card says go for 2, the card must not be ignored.
    I think analytics works for most likely situations. You can what if all day, both ways.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunJack55 View Post
    Can we also talk about the play call? A reverse??
    That certainly is the issue.

Running out of water isn't acceptable.

7. Default Re: Game day planning….

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    I would suggest firing off an email to keene@sunbeltsports.org

Deputy CommissionerI just did, told her theyre lucky no one died
    The Commissioner himself was there and spent at least a little bit of time in the bleachers. I spoke to him myself as he was making his way up from the bottom of Section 103 or 104 to the concourse.

8. Default Re: Not acceptable…

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    Running out of water isn't acceptable.
    That must have been certain stands. The one by us had water all game.

Quote Originally Posted by CRISPER16 View Post
    That must have been certain stands. The one by us had water all game.
    One closest to northside entrance told us they didn’t have any just before half.

The fans showed up and in typical Cajun fashion, the game day experience was crap-tastic.

Two critical mistakes cost us the game. But overall we played good enough to keep the fans there.

But for the life of me, I can’t understand how we consistently screw the pooch. We should NEVER play a game earlier than 6pm and honestly KO should be at 7:05 no matter what. At least until the time change.

Absolutely brutal out there, I’m still fricken hot and it’s 7:45pm

F ESPN.

Surely we will… or hopefully HAVE already learned this lesson

Hello espn….
    You screwed the pooch.
    But that is no surprise.
    You don’t give a ____ about anything but money!

Or how about security taking a wallet out of a CLEAR BAG and telling you it's too big.

15. Default Re: Game day planning….

On a hot day what’s the number one thing you need to be prepared to do? “Keep your fans hydrated.” How do you do that? “Plenty of water.” The fact that they ran out of water for the Grambling game should have been a lesson. You were expecting a similar crowd but in much warmer conditions, you need to increase the order accordingly, then increase it even more. Water doesn’t spoil. Order 10 times more than you think you will need and whatever you don’t use you can sell at the next game. The alternative is you don’t order enough and you have the fiasco that happened today. Which is better? Oh yeah, and make sure you have a plan and personnel to move it to the concession stands.

It’s like Sodexo is staffed by people who have never planned for an event like this and UL doesn’t hold them accountable. Now there’s another huge black eye that this program can’t afford if you’re trying to increase attendance. Mind boggling the things our administration accepts.

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 ... LastLast

Thread Information