Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 ... LastLast

Thread: NO WATER for YOU

Default Re: Game day planning….

Many have been saying bad things about espn for more than a decade yet kept getting called conspiracy theorists, i bet even now they still wont buhleeve

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    As mentioned earlier this week, Maggard should tell the conference no to day games in September.the well being of your fans and players far outweighs the advantage of playing on ESPN. It's the same old complaints every game. Maggard and the current staff of hangers on, including the band directors need to go and take the bafoons in the PA booth with you ...Game day at UL is the biggest s h I t show on earth.
    100%

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    I’m not trying to take a potshot at the person I argued with earlier this week who said, “if we don’t show up at this point, it’s on us. Not the admin, etc etc.” I think it was AirBill. No disrespect intended to you sir, but I hope you see this thread. This is not new to this year with the renovations. This is year after year after year with awful gameday operations. We BEG people to support us and when they do this is how we treat our community. It’s frickin embarrassing man. People say “the community didn’t support even when we were winning.” We never stopped doing things like this…even when we were winning!

I’m convinced these issues persist because the people with the power to make a difference don’t care enough to do so. And so next year they’ll be tucked away in their beautiful new suites and the rest of us will continue to put up with this nonsense, until we decide it’s not worth it anymore.
    Well said Amigo

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    ...until we decide it’s not worth it anymore.
    I'm there. Gave up my FB and BB season tix a few years ago. Gave it a shot today as a "common folk." No thanks. It's just not worth the hassle. Everything was atrocious. I can't even find a bright spot. Actually there is one - found some fried fish w/o much of a line and it was solid. The nightmare experience started with the idiotic parking and continued through the entry and through the RCAF "Fast Pass" line that wasn't being enforced. Pointless.

I'll continue to be an RCAF member and hold Baseball season tickets. I'm ready for the Spring!

I’m not a “fire anyone who makes a mistake” person. But running out of water in that heat should be a fireable offense. That’s a health and safety issue. You’re putting people at risk. That is unacceptable. For a university that is so afraid of liability, you do that?

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    Maggard to issue an apology letter soon.
    Via usps snail mail

Quote Originally Posted by cajundiehard View Post
    I'm there. Gave up my FB and BB season tix a few years ago. Gave it a shot today as a "common folk." No thanks. It's just not worth the hassle. Everything was atrocious. I can't even find a bright spot. Actually there is one - found some fried fish w/o much of a line and it was solid. The nightmare experience started with the idiotic parking and continued through the entry and through the RCAF "Fast Pass" line that wasn't being enforced. Pointless.

I'll continue to be an RCAF member and hold Baseball season tickets. I'm ready for the Spring!
    I think this is where the majority of Acadiana residents who we need to reengage currently stand on UL fall sports. Hear it all the time. Still love baseball but football just isn’t worth the hassle. All you have to do is ask people why they dont attend anymore and a lot will tell you this exact thing. Why we continue to do nothing with this readily available information is the only thing left to debate.

Even LSU game crowd is sparse. Terribly hot day.

We left end of third Q. Couldn’t keep my fam there anymore

I know with HIPPA, we may never know, but wonder how many people were attended to by medics today and how many got transported.

As mentioned earlier this week, Maggard should tell the conference no to day games in September.the well being of your fans and players far outweighs the advantage of playing on ESPN. It's the same old complaints every game. Maggard and the current staff of hangers on, including the band directors need to go and take the bafoons in the PA booth with you ...Game day at UL is the biggest s h I t show on earth.
    And they want to charge more next year. I was glad to stay home. Then go visit my nephew and new baby.

You're not wrong on any of this

I saw 4 taken away on stetchers

Stupid, Stupid, Stupid!!! Why are we so stupid! We had this issue with the heat only a few years ago and it was said that it would never happen again. And here we go, same thing all over again. We never learn. I don’t care how much money is waived in front of us, NO DAY GAMES IN SEPTEMBER!!!!! My wife left after the 1st quarter (got an Uber) I only made it to the 3rd quarter. Are we trying to kill off our supporters?

People were literally sitting inside the ice storage bins to cool off. No excuses for today. Everyone involved in game day management FAILED. Thanks to the paramedics & security for working like crazy in the heat.

Some of our crew left at half to go back to the camper. They were able to throw us water over the fence since concessions ran out.

Default Re: Not acceptable…

Look gents. Let’s learn from it and move on.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information