Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst . 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 . LastLast

Thread: Game Day Planning, Sodexo, Not Acceptable

1. Default Re: Game Day Planning…. Not Acceptable

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    RCAF? Dude.Maggard will explain everything on a 6am interview by Jay, Dan, or Billy with plenty of softball questions and answers

Don’t you have some grass to cut . . .

Default Re: Game day planning….

Quote Originally Posted by facelessjonmoon View Post
    Well damn. Thanks that’s good to know. That quadrant appeared to not be as congested as the South end zone area.

I 100% would have been there if I had known and will be there next game

I went to the ‘B’ beer and water stations as shown below , but I’m guessing it was the trailer above the NEZ hill (that’s not shown below)?
    Attachment 20407
    Just a heads up for people, there's a table next to the lemonade stand (D) that accepts cash for beer. Usually has the shortest line because people don't realize it's a beer booth.

Default Re: Game Day Planning…. Not Acceptable

Quote Originally Posted by Jarhead1 View Post
    When is the university gonna make changes to the concessions issues ? It’s all the sports that has Sodexho. Something has to change with the poor communication , running out out of items and overall performance . This has been an issue for a very long time . Hopefully that this issue can be brought up at the next rcaf meeting .
    It isn't an RCAF issue. This is a University/game day management issue.

JMO: if you have a problem with 8,000 bottles of water for 22,000 people, you hate UL and want to see us fail. Which in turn means you hate the players with Louisiana across their chest. And if you hate a school that’s in the US, you probably hate America. And if you hate America, you probably despise the troops. For shame.

I think we did a great job with operations. We should promote this. No more “cheapest beer in America.” I want to hear about “fewest bottles of water per capita.” Suck it hydration.

Quote Originally Posted by zeppelincajun View Post
    JMO: if you have a problem with 8,000 bottles of water for 22,000 people, you hate UL and want to see us fail. Which in turn means you hate the players with Louisiana across their chest. And if you hate a school that’s in the US, you probably hate America. And if you hate America, you probably despise the troops. For shame.

I think we did a great job with operations. We should promote this. No more “cheapest beer in America.” I want to hear about “fewest bottles of water per capita.” Suck it hydration.
    Only 6000 bottles were available.

Classic post right here. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by cjr3888 View Post
    Just a heads up for people, there's a table next to the lemonade stand (D) that accepts cash for beer. Usually has the shortest line because people don't realize it's a beer booth.
    Nice

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    From what I have been told, this is an incorrect figure from the Advocate. Its improbable especially considering they didn't run out until the second half. If it was 6,000, they would have run out probably in the 1st quarter.

Quote Originally Posted by JMV JustMyView View Post
    We also had the free stations which had enough for an extra 2K bottles of water. The 6K bottles of water narrative is a false equivalency being pushed by the anti-UL deep state.

Regardless if the number was 6,000 or 8,000 or 10,000. The facts are that they ran out.

Considering that we have 4 more home games and water really does not expire, zero excuse for "overstocking" water for a 11am September home game in South Louisiana.

One would think that someone with Sodexo would know, on average how many waters they sell during a home game. They should also know how many were sold per person in attendance. They should also know the average sold per person in attendance in Sep, Oct, and Nov.

Knowing the average. Knowing that we could easily draw 20k+. Knowing its a 11am game in Sep in S.LA where heat index will be 100+ with zero shade and sun hitting everyone in the face. You plan for double the amount of consumption.

This is all simple math and its called business planning. There is no way possible that this was done.

Zero excuses and they need to be fired. Kicking a dead horse here. Many have said this for years.

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaB View Post
    From what I have been told, this is an incorrect figure from the Advocate. Its improbable especially considering they didn't run out until the second half. If it was 6,000, they would have run out probably in the 1st quarter.
    According to the Advocate article, that figure came directly from our SID.

All of this "liability" talk from the university (ex. can't have proper Greek participation on gamedays because of liability, can't charge to park gameday rates in Lot E because of liability, blah blah blah) suddenly went out the window the other day when they ran out of bottled water and a number of fans had to get tended to by first responders and ENT units.

I don't want to hear another excuse about "liability" from this school if this is the kind of stuff that's happening on gamedays.

I’m not trying to take a potshot at the person I argued with earlier this week who said, “if we don’t show up at this point, it’s on us. Not the admin, etc etc.” I think it was AirBill. No disrespect intended to you sir, but I hope you see this thread. This is not new to this year with the renovations. This is year after year after year with awful gameday operations. We BEG people to support us and when they do this is how we treat our community. It’s frickin embarrassing man. People say “the community didn’t support even when we were winning.” We never stopped doing things like this…even when we were winning!

I’m convinced these issues persist because the people with the power to make a difference don’t care enough to do so. And so next year they’ll be tucked away in their beautiful new suites and the rest of us will continue to put up with this nonsense, until we decide it’s not worth it anymore.
    I see it, and no argument here.

Was actually pleasantly surprised to see the attendance at 22k. But not surprised to read about the s__tshow regarding the lack of water and long lines. And you do start to get the impression that we're always going to USL these things. What a mess.

We tried to buy water in 2nd quarter and was told they were out. The stadium may not have been completely out but different areas were out well before 2nd half.

On top of that once you are told we are out, no one is going wait another 30 minutes in a different line for water.

15. Default Re: Game Day Planning…. Not Acceptable

Seeing some try to justify the shortfall is disheartening.

It means things won't change long term.

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst . 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 . LastLast

Thread Information