Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 . LastLast

Thread: Game Day Planning, Sodexo, Not Acceptable

Default Re: Game day planning….

Quote Originally Posted by axg8750 View Post
    So, only 7,000 bottles of water total for 23k fans?

Am I missing something?
    The next delivery was expected at 4pm, plenty of time for a 6 or 7 kick off

2. Default Re: Game day planning….

The last FB game my family attended two seasons ago had a 30 minute wait for concessions only to sell out in the 2nd quarter. It was scorching, and thankfully I was able to get a couple of ice only snowballs from the local venders. Concessions take forever even when half the stadium isn’t in search of water in the heat. Just garbage. Sodexo shouldn’t be let anywhere near Louisiana athletics.

Unfortunately we didn't know about the free water station. Wish they would have announced it on the PA system, but the PA was too busy in blaring way too loud music drowning out any chance of hearing our band play. You would also think the band director would be in contact with the PA person to not play the way to loud PA rap music when the band plays. Just sad that some may never come back after their terrible experience yesterday. I am told all this will be fixed with the new stadium. LOL.
    Anyway, why are we surprised. Moving on. Beat Wake.

Quote Originally Posted by RaginScotsman View Post
    What a garbage response from the university. Sodexo has flubbed concessions for over a decade. How in the hell do you not prepare for that? In the pre game meeting you ask “how many tickets sold? What time is the game? What’s the forecast?” The do the freaking math.
    6000 bottles of water were available. For 23000 people?? I asked someone with a background in food service what they would have had on hand. Answer was two to three bottles per person. Doing a quick google search seems to confirm that number is close. While not exclusive to just water the planning should be for 1 drink per person per hour. Obviously that number isn't taking into account a venue with high temps and direct sun.

Sodexo didn't even come close on this one. No excuse for that and their failure wasn't just an inconvenience it put peoples health in jeopardy.

And those 36 heat related injuries are just what was serious enough to be reported. You can easily triple or quadruple that number.

Quote Originally Posted by CajunVic View Post
    . . . sorry folks but my University of Louisiana has served me and my son who also has a degree from Louisiana darn well and I am darn proud of it . . .
    As you should be. But the rose colored glasses have to come off and call a spade a spade when it presents itself. The game day experience has been dreadful more than it has been good. Running out of water is not only embarrassing but a huge safety risk. How do you defend something like this to fans who had their first experience at CF yesterday?

Maybe this can be an agenda item at the next rcaf meeting. Or even a vote. Or a presentation on the bid process. Oh wait. Nm. many posts suggesting there should be rcaf membership meetings were attacked in the past, oh well.

Were you at cajun field yesterday? If not then Please
    Just shut up.

Good thing we don't have 30-40k people who want to show up and watch. We'd be in trouble.

This is why Ray Authement was smart and ahead of his time. You don't want to be so successful that there's expectations to have enough water on gameday.

Boom!

Oh how great would a 7:00 game have been last night. Too bad a comedy of errors ruined it all. No Day Games in September Ever. Get it??

Quote Originally Posted by UL_Cajuns View Post
    Unfortunately we didn't know about the free water station. Wish they would have announced it on the PA system, but the PA was too busy in blaring way too loud music drowning out any chance of hearing our band play. You would also think the band director would be in contact with the PA person to not play the way to loud PA rap music when the band plays. Just sad that some may never come back after their terrible experience yesterday. I am told all this will be fixed with the new stadium. LOL.
    Anyway, why are we surprised. Moving on. Beat Wake.
    The PA is so obnoxiously loud I can't even have a conversation with the person sitting right next to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunrunner View Post
    Good thing we don't have 30-40k people who want to show up and watch. We'd be in trouble.

This is why Ray Authement was smart and ahead of his time. You don't want to be so successful that there's expectations to have enough water on gameday.
    Lol

Default Re: Not acceptable…

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    Hey _______, this is a fan message board. If you don't like negative comments, don't read the board.
    What's crazy is this dude hasn't been in Cajun Field in over 25+ years and he is giving advice to real fans.

Quote Originally Posted by fanof71 View Post
    Were you at cajun field yesterday? If not then Please
    Just shut up.
    No wonder the administration takes all of the RP recommendations seriously and implements them.

Quote Originally Posted by Esqueleto View Post
    The PA is so obnoxiously loud I can't even have a conversation with the person sitting right next to me.
    If they had announced the free water station better, then how do we know that wouldnt have run out as well.

Does anyone have some actually temp comparison data vs other games?

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst . 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 . LastLast

Thread Information