Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst . 18 25 26 27 28

Thread: LGT Final: Louisiana 33 Tulane 41

1. Default Re: LGT Final: Louisiana 41, Wake Forest 38

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunsmike View Post
    We had 2 more possessions than Tulane due to the Pick 6 and KO return. That is why our offensive numbers look better than the Wave. I am not taking away anything from our offense but our defense did struggle in 2nd half of that game.
    I did not realize a change of possession "that scores" does not count as a possession.

Default Re: LGT Final: Louisiana 41, Wake Forest 38

Cajuns 62 plays 413 yards 6.67 yards per play
    Tulane 61 plays 359 yards
    5.88 yards per play

3. Default Re: LGT Final: Louisiana 41, Wake Forest 38

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    Cajuns 62 plays 413 yards 6.67 yards per play
    Tulane 61 plays 359 yards
    5.88 yards per play
    .our OFFENSE scored more than their offense….the KO RETURN now shows it should have been called back with Tulane having terrible field position to start the second half…the Pic6 was a miscommunication that would have moved the chains for us! We match up with Tulane any day we play them!

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob81 View Post
    The idea that Tulane dominated the line of scrimmage is just not true. Cajuns averaged more per rush and threw pretty much at will. We outgained Tulane in the game as well. Not saying we were better upfront but we weren’t dominated. I think both teams struggled to tackle. I think the heat on the field had a lot to do with it.
    They scored 27 offensive points while passing for 80+ yards. They ran the ball for 280+ yards and wore us down through the game. We got no sacks and little pressure on the QB when they did pass. Sure, we averaged more ypc as you state but on 20 less carries which was buoyed by the one big run we got from Bill. They consistently averaged more ypc which is what really wore us down on a hot day. I'd say they controlled the LOS

Dominated at the LOS, not dominated at the LOS. I'll post these stats, and everyone can decide for themselves.

3rd Down Conversions
    Tulane: 9/14 UL: 2/9

4th Down Conversions
    Tulane: 1/1 UL: 1/3

Sacks
    Tulane: 1 UL: 0

Tackles for Loss
    Tulane: 3 UL: 3

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    ……our OFFENSE scored more than their offense….the KO RETURN now shows it should have been called back with Tulane having terrible field position to start the second half…the Pic6 was a miscommunication that would have moved the chains for us! We match up with Tulane any day we play them!
    Boomer, why do you say the kick return should have been called back? It was right in front of me. I didn’t see the replay, but at the time I would swear that he quickly put his knee down then popped back up and started running.

Y'all can discuss offensive and defensive stats all day long. But at the end of the day Tulane had 41 points and UL had 38! Tulane was able to put another win in their win column and UL unfortunately had to add its first loss!

It's now time to focus on the Sun Belt conference schedule and run for a championship!

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie35 View Post
    Y'all can discuss offensive and defensive stats all day long. But at the end of the day Tulane had 41 points and UL had 38! Tulane was able to put another win in their win column and UL unfortunately had to add its first loss!

It's now time to focus on the Sun Belt conference schedule and run for a championship!
    Actually, the score was 41-33. UL scored 33 points on Tulane. Oklahoma and Kansas State both scored 34.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBug58 View Post
    Boomer, why do you say the kick return should have been called back? It was right in front of me. I didn’t see the replay, but at the time I would swear that he quickly put his knee down then popped back up and started running.
    Their is a video indicating the Tulane kick returner had a knee on the turf when he first caught the ball. Video I saw is blurry so I am not definite that is the case. One thing I wonder is a factor is the impact of losing KC Ossai. Defense dropped off the last 2 weeks when he was out of the game.

Their is a video indicating the Tulane kick returner had a knee on the turf when he first caught the ball. Video I saw is blurry so I am not definite that is the case. One thing I wonder is a factor is the impact of losing KC Ossai. Defense dropped off the last 2 weeks when he was out of the game.
    It's pretty close. More obvious is the hold that should've been called.

Name:  tulane-ul.jpg
Views: 140
Size:  139.0 KB

Name:  tulane-ul-2.jpg
Views: 139
Size:  232.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by AirBill View Post

Name:  tulane-ul-2.jpg
Views: 139
Size:  232.3 KB
    No, it was more obvious with the knee down

12. Default Re: LGT Final: Louisiana 41, Wake Forest 38

Quote Originally Posted by AirBill View Post

No light coming through.

Especially at that shadow angle, there would be light, if his knee wasn't down.

"Down"

Quote Originally Posted by Turbine View Post
    No light coming through.

Especially at that shadow angle, there would be light, if his knee wasn't down.

"Down"
    It was right in front of me!!! I knew “we was robbed!” I’m sure when a lot of the defense saw that they let up on the play. That should have been reviewed and over turned.

14. Default Re: LGT Final: Louisiana 41, Wake Forest 38

We had 2 more possessions than Tulane due to the Pick 6 and KO return. That is why our offensive numbers look better than the Wave. I am not taking away anything from our offense but our defense did struggle in 2nd half of that game.
    ….so what if we make the first on the pic 6 miscommunication and we shut them inside the 10 on the KO return with the knee down?

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst . 18 25 26 27 28

Thread Information